Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 13:47   #1561
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Daredevil is a nice watch.. only 2 seasons out so far
Found it extremely boring. Specially S2. The only savior was the Punisher - which they are spinning off into a new series.

And why the hell do the leading ladies of such shows are kept alive despite them being shown as absolute idiots? It is beyond me. At one point there was this scene where I was cheering the criminal actually killed her off - but no, she does the unthinkable again.

Same with The Blacklist, Breaking Bad, Suits (not kill, at least throw her off).

I stopped watching Suits because of it, skipped scenes in Daredevil and Blacklist (except when James Spader was in the scene). I am not sure what thee writers want? Why would you make the ladies so dumb? In part this is infuriating. A good exception where this is not the case was The Vikings - the lady is absolutely smashing.

Q: Is the Vikings on TV for S4? The Americans is running way behind its actual telecast. And 12 Monkeys?

> The 100 - On Netflix and the show really picks up in the 2nd Season.
> Under the Dome - Idiotic show. Really wished the Dome wins on this one.
> Better Call Saul - Brilliant Season 1, felt S2 was rather slow. But the acting was top notch again. Now wait another year for S3 :(
> House of Cards S4 - The S4 wad really a let down, I am a huge fan

Any other recommendations on the Netflix? I have not seen Narcos for more than 2 episodes as it is not censored on Netflix, just not something you can watch with family around. Same with GOT this season - I am watching it on Indian TV, just because I really need it censored.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 28th May 2016 at 14:02.
Old 30th May 2016, 01:49   #1562
BHPian

Not sure if it belongs here, but just finished watching episode 1 of the new TopGear with Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc as hosts.

I am aware its not scheduled to air in other parts of the world till later this week, so will not get into details.

Overall, first impressions are very poor and I can only imagine the scathing reviews that'll appear tomorrow on the web.
Old 30th May 2016, 19:07   #1563
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Not sure if it belongs here, but just finished watching episode 1 of the new TopGear with Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc as hosts. I am aware its not scheduled to air in other parts of the world till later this week, so will not get into details. Overall, first impressions are very poor and I can only imagine the scathing reviews that'll appear tomorrow on the web.
Not surprising - TG has been going steadily downhill for a while now. Jeremy Clarkson with his jaundiced sense of humor and the lack of cohesion in the organization was bound to reflect in the show.

It almost seems as though TG is still unable to find that happy mean - between the plummy-accented condescending, traditional world of the BBC and the more down-to-earth, street-smart, hoi polloi world of twitter & all its other iterations.
Old 7th June 2016, 20:19   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Now starting with And Then There Were None. Lets see how it is!
So I had finished watching this a day after posting the above post.

And Then There Were None is a 3 episode mini-series and is based on a book by Agatha Christie of the same name. I haven't read this book luckily which is praised by many so I was very excited about watching the mini-series and after 3 hours later, wasn't disappointed a bit. Within minutes of watching the first episode I was hooked and knew it's gonna be gripping.
There's something about British Television shows or the way they picturize. I just love'em, maybe it's their accent, I don't know. And ATTWN was no different!
Thoroughly loved the mini-series and highly recommended to all those mystery buffs like me out here.
Old 9th June 2016, 08:26   #1565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
So I had finished watching this a day after posting the above post.
And Then There Were None is a 3 episode mini-series................. and highly recommended to all those mystery buffs like me out here.
I agree in toto, Sherlocked - most of the mini-series based on A.Christie's books are classics, particularly those featuring Poirot (various actors in the role). And as you said, something about these British TV shows rings a bell somewhere inside!

I wish I could say the same about the various TV iterations of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes tales. Despite all my efforts (being an old Holmes' fan) I find it difficult to sit through the new episodes.
Old 9th June 2016, 09:10   #1566
Senior - BHPian

I will be starting with Peaky Blinders soon. Heard it is pretty good. Any review from the fellow bhpians?
Old 9th June 2016, 09:49   #1567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I will be starting with Peaky Blinders soon. Heard it is pretty good. Any review from the fellow bhpians?
Yes.
Cillian murphy is just amazing. If you're fond of gangster and early 20th century lore, you will love it. I have not been able to get past the first season yet, but that's not because of the show. I cant wait to finish it off.
Old 9th June 2016, 11:08   #1568
BHPian

Any idea if there's going to be a season 2 for Constantine? I loved that series!
Old 9th June 2016, 21:49   #1569
Distinguished - BHPian

anyone here who has watched the below. Planning to watch over the next few weeks

1. The lost kingdom - I have read the books that this is based on and its a decent mix of history, drama & war.

2. Wolf Hall - Another BBC mini series based on the well written historical fiction novel written by Hilary Mantel. Going to watch this to see how Damian Lewis pulls off the role of Henry VIII
Old 9th June 2016, 22:31   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Just watched 'The Night Manager". Not bad at all..
Old 10th June 2016, 07:19   #1571
Distinguished - BHPian

Started watching News Room after seeing the Jeff Daniels clip about why America isn't great any more go viral on YouTube some time ago. It's available on Hotstar Premium.
Gone through a couple of episodes and though the series seems to try and be more clever by half, it's an interesting premise and hopefully should pick up.
Old 10th June 2016, 09:13   #1572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Started watching News Room
Newsroom is one series which i can watch over and over again as the characters and storyline is very good. Top notch job by by Aaron Sorkin of the westwing, social network & moneyball fame. Season 2 is my favorite. A pity that it only ran for 3 seasons.
Old 17th June 2016, 22:01   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Yes.
Cillian murphy is just amazing. If you're fond of gangster and early 20th century lore, you will love it. I have not been able to get past the first season yet, but that's not because of the show. I cant wait to finish it off.
Thanks for posting about Peaky Blinders and such a wonderful series it is!
Watched 2 seasons back to back and have all the praises for it.
Cillian Murphy as you said is just amazing and in Season 2 we have Tom Hardy as well. He too is simply outstanding!
Now on to season 3..
Old 21st June 2016, 11:14   #1574
BHPian

Gentlemen, your views on whether "Battle of the *******s" will overtake "Ozymandias" as the best rated TV series episode ever. IMDB already has nearly 50 thousand votes till date for the former.

I was so pumped up after seeing the episode yesterday.

Mods: I swear i did not realize the swear word in the episode title till it got edited out. Sorry my mistake. In my enthusiasm i overlooked that.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 21st June 2016 at 11:19. Reason: Did not realize about the swear word. Thanks for editing out.
Old 21st June 2016, 11:47   #1575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Gentlemen, your views on whether "Battle of the *******s" will overtake "Ozymandias" as the best rated TV series episode ever.
IMHO - Battle of B's was just meh! There was nothing unexpected in the episode and apart from a small bit of good cinematography, it was just plain jane. The story line and direction does not come anywhere close to Ozymandias.

In general this season has been a big letdown and I dont hope for a big flourish ending either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks