Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 10:06   #1606
BHPian

Yes the show is "Drive it - the motor magazine". The reviews seem boring, but more variety of vehicles are reviewed and the reviews are based on verifiable facts and not just loose talk
Old 30th July 2016, 16:38   #1607
BHPian

Looks like Bloomberg TV has outsourced its auto programme, after Autocar left it for ET Now. The new show is called the Auto Show, and is an American show with a female presenter.
Old 30th July 2016, 17:56   #1608
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

I did not get the American bit. This show in the current format has been around for almost a year or so and the hostess is atleast of Indian origin if not an Indian per se but the vehicles & events covered are all from the domestic market.

Is the production company from America?

I watched it initially but started skipping it. Recently I have watched it off and on but did not see any improvement in terms of quality of the review & interviews.

BTW Zeegnition has also bid bye bye to Adil J Darukhanawala, Rishabh Matharu & team. The new host is, well inept. The best presenter that Zeegnition ever had was Kanika Sood. She was a professional and it could be seen in the way she presented the show. One could see that her scripts were researched, tight & very informative.

I hope that ADJ & team make a come back on air again soon, hopefully taking over the AutoShow on Bloomberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Looks like Bloomberg TV has outsourced its auto programme, after Autocar left it for ET Now. The new show is called the Auto Show, and is an American show with a female presenter.
Old 30th July 2016, 17:58   #1609
BHPian

Try watching the show this weekend and you'll come to know what I'm taking about
Old 8th August 2016, 13:07   #1610
BHPian

Have been watching two series lately. The Night of and Stranger Things.
Both have been good watch so far even as their story line up is very mainstream.
Stranger Things is a Netflix original and I don't know why but it feels like a 8 episode version of a 3 hour movie which I have seen in my childhood. Can't recall the name.
But still, not bad.
Old 12th August 2016, 17:17   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Stranger Things is a Netflix original and I don't know why but it feels like a 8 episode version of a 3 hour movie which I have seen in my childhood. Can't recall the name.
I watched Stranger Things last week and really liked it. The story is set in the 1980s and it is very reminiscent of 80s classic sci-fi movies like E.T. The music also has that feel and adds to the nostalgia. And the acting by the kids is really good. I highly recommend it, especially for the 80's and 90's kids . Linking the trailer below:

Last edited by JonSnow : 12th August 2016 at 17:27.
Old 21st August 2016, 22:54   #1612
BHPian

Stranger Things - 10/10

It is absolutely brilliant. Just wrapped up all 8 episodes.

So much creativity & soul is nearly impossible to see on any type of screen these days. An absolute must watch for anyone.

It's so boring trying to watch any series these days. Tried watching Dark Matter and boy does that suck. We were so sad when Person of Interest ended. Nothing comes close to the level of finesse POI displayed.

Any suggestions about stuff similar to POI? Please no GoT, no Fringe, no Firefly, too serious and just not our type.
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:07   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post

Any suggestions about stuff similar to POI? Please no GoT, no Fringe, no Firefly, too serious and just not our type.
Try

The Blacklist
Peaky Blinders

If you liked POI so much, it will be hard for you not to like Blacklist. James Spader has been amazing.

EDIT: Just checked. Blacklist Season 4 starts 22 Sep. Thats cool, considering season 3 ended May 2016 and had 23 episodes.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 22nd August 2016 at 16:10.
Old 22nd August 2016, 20:29   #1614
BHPian

any other L&A SVU fans here ?? I have rewatched all 17 seasons in anticipation of season 18 in September !

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-14080005_10154033924767933_1372359252769744900_n.jpg
Old 23rd August 2016, 09:18   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Try

The Blacklist
Peaky Blinders

If you liked POI so much, it will be hard for you not to like Blacklist. James Spader has been amazing.

EDIT: Just checked. Blacklist Season 4 starts 22 Sep. Thats cool, considering season 3 ended May 2016 and had 23 episodes.
Thanks for the suggestion mate!

Saw the pilot of The Blacklist last night. Quite gripping, but seems a bit too intense. POI had so much humor embedded in it. Will keep watching and report back.
Old 23rd August 2016, 09:58   #1616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion mate!

Saw the pilot of The Blacklist last night. Quite gripping, but seems a bit too intense. POI had so much humor embedded in it. Will keep watching and report back.
If you do latch onto Blacklist, watch it ONLY for Spader. There are a few actors who act with their voices, like Walken, Hugo weaving. Spader is one such. Just awesome!
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:15   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Stranger Things - 10/10

It is absolutely brilliant. Just wrapped up all 8 episodes.

Stranger things - I'd agree wholeheartedly. I really liked the way they built up the climax by taking different perspectives and finally arriving at what seemed like a plausible combination of horror and science.

Other than that -
1.Peaky blinders
2.Trapped - You'll have to be patient during the first couple of episodes. But subsequently, each episode will peel a layer off the murder mystery at core.
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:14   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
any other L&A SVU fans here ?? I have rewatched all 17 seasons in anticipation of season 18 in September !

Attachment 1545013
SVU is my favourite of the Law & Order franchises, though each of them has their charm. Season 13 is now showing on Colors Infinity and I record and watch it over the weekend.

Mariska Hargitay is just amazing, as is Dann Florek. Some of the crimes they highlight are just unspeakable but the treatment is impeccable. definitely a must-watch!
Old 6th September 2016, 15:39   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Anyone who likes mysterious shows should definitely watch Twin Peaks. One of David Lynch's finest creations. I am watching it for the second time and thoroughly enjoying it; there's nothing else quite like it.

Just finished watching Twin Peaks.
S1 was great but last 8-10 episodes of S2 were a drag. Characters added and removed, wild swings in the plot from criminal to paranormal just took the charm of S1 away. Dont think I will spend any time on the planned 'revival' season.
Old 6th September 2016, 16:18   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reccos on "Stranger Things". Was reminded so much of those 80's "sci-fi" movies. Watched all the episodes with the wife who also loved it. Great series. Looks like a second season is on the cards - hopefully will follow the same characters.

Most Viewed