Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2018, 21:37   #1981
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watch McMafia on Amazon Prime, intriguing storyline which is building up slowly. All about a the son of an ex Russian Mafia boss in London who was minding his own busy getting sucked into the dark side! Great acting and great locales!
Old 20th January 2018, 23:01   #1982
BHPian

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee by Jerry Seinfeld on Netflix. I have not heard of this before but it seems be around from 2012. Saw the first episode today, with Jerry Seinfeld behind the wheel of a 1976 Countach and guest Jim Carrey. Will watch more but does look interesting.
Old 1st February 2018, 00:29   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just started watching a Netflix original, Mindhunter .

It is a psychological drama thriller about a couple of FBI agents who talk to convicts to figure out how they think and why they do what they do. Pretty interesting. It is on the lines of True Detective and Fargo, only less gory (at least visually) and more from the perspective of law enforcement, than criminals.

Watched two episodes and so far 5/5.
Thanks for recommending Mindhunter, finished watching the series and loved it. The first two episodes are kind of slow but interesting but after that it just gets super grippy
Old 5th February 2018, 22:00   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Watched "Dirty Money" on Netflix. Its a documentary series focussing on Greed and power. Investigates some famous cases in North America (1 in Mexico, 1 in Canada and 4 in USA)

Overall a very good series.
Old 6th February 2018, 05:01   #1985
Team-BHP Support

Started watching "How to get away with murder" on Netflix and ended up binge watching Season 1. I found it quite gripping and interesting. Now started with Season 2, but the pace has slightly slowed, in my opinion. Will update once completed.
Old 6th February 2018, 10:38   #1986
Team-BHP Support

Watched four episodes of another Amazon Prime Original, Breathe.

The Hindi/Tamil/Telugu drama/thriller revolves around a bunch of people who become a part of the plot because they are either listed as organ donors/recipients.

R Madhavan and others have done a terrific job. While the storyline and the acting is top notch, I have my reservation about it;p if I spell it out, it might expose the plot so I'll keep it to myself.

The series as such is 5/5 but it involves certain acts that can be termed immoral/unethical so it depends on what mindset you watch this in.
Old 6th February 2018, 10:55   #1987
BHPian

Watched the first 2 season of Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime. Great story and fantastic cinematography. Right up there was Hannibal and American Gods. And the most incredible thing is that all the hacking related stuff they show looks totally real. 100% recommend for geeks.
Old 6th February 2018, 16:47   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Chronological hotch potch of my best ever candidates for TV serials:
1. The Wire: one of the best ever. I watch a lot of English content, but even so I needed subtitles with the Baltimore street accents and words.
2. Breaking Bad: no words needed.
3. House MD: much better than any other medical series, but can be overwhelming to binge on.
4. Borgen: Danish political series a la West Wing, but much better.
5. Prime Suspect : Classic British police procedural.
Old 7th February 2018, 23:49   #1989
BHPian

Cross posting from another thread as it is relevant.

Dirty Money - An investigative documentary, available on Netflix, covers VW emission scandal in its first episode called “Hard NOx”.

Haven’t watched it yet.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-28b73f0d058d48b4b24bd3d0fe26e1fd.jpeg
Old 8th February 2018, 13:25   #1990
BHPian

Some flicks I watched recently and absolutely loved/loving:

1) The Fall (Netflix). Story revolves around a serial killer in Belfast, NI. Also stars Gillian Andersen (from the X-Files fame). Very gripping, especially the way the murders/stalking are portrayed. Typical British flavour. Very minimal BG music and optimal pace of narration.

2) Young Sheldon (Amazon Prime): You guessed right, childhood drama about Sheldon Cooper from 'Big Bang theory'. Really entertaining. I eagerly wait for each new episode and watch it as soon as it is made available.

3) Surprise entry here is a series called 'The Middle', again on Prime. Somehow I have developed an interest towards light hearted family dramas which is a big departure from all the murder/crime/horror flick I used to watch. The story revolves around a family from Indiana who go through the grinds of everyday life and the struggles of a typical lower middle class American family. I am right now in Season 5. Never miss a chance to watch it.
Old 9th February 2018, 05:58   #1991
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Some flicks I watched recently and absolutely loved/loving:

1) The Fall (Netflix). Story revolves around a serial killer in Belfast, NI. Also stars Gillian Andersen (from the X-Files fame). Very gripping, especially the way the murders/stalking are portrayed. Typical British flavour. Very minimal BG music and optimal pace of narration.
Thanks for this one. Will add to list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
3) Surprise entry here is a series called 'The Middle', again on Prime. Somehow I have developed an interest towards light hearted family dramas which is a big departure from all the murder/crime/horror flick I used to watch. The story revolves around a family from Indiana who go through the grinds of everyday life and the struggles of a typical lower middle class American family. I am right now in Season 5. Never miss a chance to watch it.
I actually like this series. Simple, yet highly amusing.
Old 25th February 2018, 22:10   #1992
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody watching Electric Dreams on Prime video?
It is absolutely sublime!
Old 25th February 2018, 22:26   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watch "Dark" - a german series? Loved it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_(TV_series)

A great storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
This is one of the most underrated shows of 2017 in my opinion. The entire season was awesome.

I just started another Netflix series called "Dark". First episode was mind-blowing. Audio is in German but English subtitles are available.
Loved Mindhunter too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
If you are watching it in Netflix, you can change the audio also to English.
I'd seriously suggest you not do that. Somehow takes away the bite of the original language.

Last edited by naveenroy : 25th February 2018 at 22:29.
Old 26th February 2018, 11:39   #1994
Senior - BHPian

After watching Narcos and Pablo Escobar El Patron Del Mal, I kind of got hooked to the whole South America Drug stories, so when I saw El Chapo on Netflix, I thought of giving it a go, I did not have much expectations from it as the whole look and feel of the posters did not seem that inviting as Narcos but boy o boy was I wrong

El Chapo is a TV series which has 2 seasons and once you start watching it, slowly you not only start to like the TV series but also admire that guy that, I was hooked onto it so much that I finished both the seasons and believe it or not, watched it AGAIN, a must watch.

El Chapo - 5/5
Old 1st March 2018, 14:24   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Started watching "How to get away with murder" on Netflix and ended up binge watching Season 1. I found it quite gripping and interesting. Now started with Season 2, but the pace has slightly slowed, in my opinion. Will update once completed.
Planning something sinister buster ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks