Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2018, 11:34   #2086
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Currently watching Season 2 of "Anne with an 'E' ".
The series continues in the same vein of being refreshing, as well as entertaining, although a tad slow. This season focuses more on Anne's coming of age.
Old 16th July 2018, 11:48   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Binge watched Sacred Games last weekend. Fantastic show and one of the best Netflix original. Nawaz as always is great and so is Saif (except when he is trying to speak in Punjabi). I saw it here in Australia wondering if they have some cuts or censorship for Indian audience?
Old 16th July 2018, 11:54   #2088
BHPian

Watched sacred games over the weekend in one go, felt amazed at how far Indian TV shows have come. Has been shot extremely well, has a gripping storyline and boasts of a perfectly paced narrative.

I somehow felt that Saif didn't suit the role and was trying too hard to fit in.
Old 17th July 2018, 20:51   #2089
Senior - BHPian

watched 2 shows recently

Luke Cage Season 2

Nice season and a good follow up to the first season and Defenders. However the story telling is slow and some episodes get boring. There is a little too much of jazz for my taste. They could have easily told this story with 3-5 less episodes. But overall the new characters are nice and is still a good watch.

Sacred Games
This one was biggest surprise in recent times as long as Indian TV is concerned, the last decent one was Breathe on Prime which is probably 10 notches below Sacred Games. Brilliant performance and great casting. The script is really strong as one can hardly differentiate between the 2 directors who apparently have very different styles of direction. For those who don't know, Nawaz's storyline episodes are directed by Anurag and those with Saif by Vikramaditya.

Eagerly awaiting for the next season which unfortunately will have to wait for a year going by how Netflix spaces the seasons.
Old 17th July 2018, 21:43   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Binge watched Sacred Games last weekend. Fantastic show and one of the best Netflix original. Nawaz as always is great and so is Saif (except when he is trying to speak in Punjabi). I saw it here in Australia wondering if they have some cuts or censorship for Indian audience?
Nope no cuts or censorship whatsoever. I guess the who essence and feel of the show would have been affected had there been any cuts.
Old 17th July 2018, 23:16   #2091
BHPian

Watched Sacred Games.

Story was gripping and there wasn't a moment spared in terms of suspense & excitement. The storyline was intense & the acting lived upto it. I understand Saif was struggling to breathe as much life into Sartaj Singh as deserved, but IMO that character needed a big star to put this show on the mainstream.

I'm abit disturbed with the constant verbal abuses. It'll frankly take me a few days to flush out the memory of such abuse. Really hope there was an option to choose a slightly cleaner script audio track. Just saying it was genuinely distasteful to me, your experience may vary.

When I watched Lust Stories, I thought there's a content crisis in Hindi movies and TV. But this is proof that Bollywood doesn't have dearth of content. Many People / I may not want the same genre, but this proves that quality content is there & so is a non-restrictive medium.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 17th July 2018 at 23:23.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:37   #2092
BHPian

Fauda - 4.5/5

A wonderfully scripted story of Israel-Palentine conflict. Binge watched both the seasons.

Sacred Games - 4/5

Enough posts already. The performance is top notch and the story is gripping. "Kabhi kabhi lagta hai Apun hi bhagwan hai" is the next Viral meme.

The Forest - 4/5

A french mini series about a small village where a girl goes missing in the forest. What follows is a gripping story of lies and secrets.

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 18th July 2018 at 11:41.
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:08   #2093
Senior - BHPian

First episode of Mindhunter was totally meh, didn't feel the inspiration to continue.

So took up Stranger Things (have to justify the Netflix subscription LOL) and has got me hooked. 5 episodes gone in the first season, 3 more to go.

Wrapped up Sacred Games in 2 days, thanks to recommendations here. Anurag Kashyap was the right call for this type of story. Barring Radhika Apte who stuck out like a sore thumb, even small timers did an amazing job here. The wait for season 2 begins.

Looking forward to Season 4 of Better Call Saul, which is premiering August 6th.
Old 25th July 2018, 17:14   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Watched Sacred Games.

I'm abit disturbed with the constant verbal abuses. It'll frankly take me a few days to flush out the memory of such abuse. Really hope there was an option to choose a slightly cleaner script audio track. Just saying it was genuinely distasteful to me, your experience may vary.
I also was a bit disturbed while watching one or two scenes (not spoiling the suspense), but it had more to do with violence than verbal abuse. Again as you said it will vary from person to person and many people might not feel that way. But all in all totally gripping story line and what a crisp and engaging script!

While Nawazuddin's performance will overshadow everyone, but I thought Saif has done a good job after a long time. I also want to mention the understated but highly effective performance of Jeetendra Joshi (subordinate of Saif in the film), who is a known actor in Marathi film industry.

Anurag has, it seems, mastered the art of story telling when it comes to Crime and criminals. Of course the web series has given him that extra freedom to go all out without worrying about censorship.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th July 2018 at 06:10. Reason: Corrected spelling of 'censorship'.
Old 25th July 2018, 17:22   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
watched 2 shows recently

Luke Cage Season 2

Nice season and a good follow up to the first season and Defenders. However the story telling is slow and some episodes get boring. There is a little too much of jazz for my taste. They could have easily told this story with 3-5 less episodes. But overall the new characters are nice and is still a good watch.

[.
I felt similarly with some other recent Marvel series as well.
Runnaway for starters and then Cloak and dagger that I just could not keep watching post initial 2-3 episodes.
Old 25th July 2018, 18:30   #2096
Team-BHP Support

I found Sacred Games to be a tad overrated. I will give it 3.5 stars.

Maybe it is because I do not like cliffhangers at the end of a season, I prefer some sort of closure. Had I known that the season would the way it did, I would have waited for all 4 seasons and then watched them at a go.

Last edited by Eddy : 25th July 2018 at 18:44.
Old 26th July 2018, 06:11   #2097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
While Nawazuddin's performance will overshadow everyone, but I thought Saif has done a good job after a long time. I also want to mention the understated but highly effective performance of Jeetendra Joshi (subordinate of Saif in the film), who is a known actor in Marathi film industry.
Well said. Jeetendra Joshi acted well, and IMHO deserves an applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I found Sacred Games to be a tad overrated. I will give it 3.5 stars.

Maybe it is because I do not like cliffhangers at the end of a season, I prefer some sort of closure. Had I known that the season would the way it did, I would have waited for all 4 seasons and then watched them at a go.
I agree completely.
Old 26th July 2018, 07:39   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
For those who don't know, Nawaz's storyline episodes are directed by Anurag and those with Saif by Vikramaditya.
How was this achieved?

The scenes of both the characters are interspersed in each and every episode. Did you mean to say, that the scenes involving 'Nawaz' was done by one director and of 'Saif' by the other?
Old 26th July 2018, 08:11   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How was this achieved?

The scenes of both the characters are interspersed in each and every episode. Did you mean to say, that the scenes involving 'Nawaz' was done by one director and of 'Saif' by the other?
A fair and probably true guess would be the flashback scenes are done by Anurag while the current state scenes were done by Vikramaditya. Flashback - Nawaz is the protagonist; current - Saif is the protagonist.

Although it's an entirely different aspect that Nawaz outshines Saif by a mile in several of the the current scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hahaha - how did you endure Avengers Infinity Wars then? You'd probably rate it 2 out 5 then

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th July 2018 at 08:17.
Old 26th July 2018, 09:27   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Anurag has, it seems, mastered the art of story telling when it comes to Crime and criminals. Of course the web series has given him that extra freedom to go all out without worrying about censorship.
I doubt this guy (Anurag Kashyap) cares two hoots about censorship, challenging the viewer or offending anyone. His early day movie Black Friday, sat out in cold storage for 3+ years before it got released in India in 2007.

Same goes to No Smoking, Gangs of Wasseypur etc I still remember seeing stars after watching No Smoking

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks