Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2019, 15:39   #2626
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix and it is a really good show. Fast paced, amazing concept and keeps you at the edge he whole time. Such a shame to hear that they are not renewing it for a 4th season. I am currently o season 1 but it is already disappointing to know that they wont provide the closure to the plot in the end. But the show is so good till now that despite knowing it, I am going to watch it till the 3rd season.
Old 18th October 2019, 13:07   #2627
Senior - BHPian

Treadstone 1st episode was quite good. Production values and action scenes have been on the mark. Seems this will satisfy as good spy thriller.

Also Ballers has finally ended. Average last season but overall an enjoyable experience.
Old 18th October 2019, 13:08   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Treadstone 1st episode was quite good. Production values and action scenes have been on the mark. Seems this will satisfy as good spy thriller.

Also Ballers has finally ended. Average last season but overall an enjoyable experience.
Treadstone as in Bourne's treadstone?
If so, where is this on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I watched all the three seasons. I think it got a bit repetitive in the end with the President and his team going into some sort of "fire-fighting" in every episode.
I liked how the 3rd season got a little bit more dark as compared to the others. As compared to the previous seasons, the setup to the next one is the best so far.

Last edited by mayankk : 18th October 2019 at 13:22.
Old 18th October 2019, 13:15   #2629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix and it is a really good show. Fast paced, amazing concept and keeps you at the edge he whole time. Such a shame to hear that they are not renewing it for a 4th season. I am currently o season 1 but it is already disappointing to know that they wont provide the closure to the plot in the end.
I watched all the three seasons. I think it got a bit repetitive in the end with the President and his team going into some sort of "fire-fighting" in every episode.
Old 21st October 2019, 09:51   #2630
Senior - BHPian

Succession 4/5

Really engaging Comedy-Corporate Family drama. It's very well scripted. Season 2 just got over last week & the ending was brilliant.

Give time to the first few slow episodes because the rest of the show makes up for it very quickly thereafter.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:00   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching Mr.Iglesias.

Had a few laughable moments, but overall it was just weak.
Old 21st October 2019, 19:02   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I like how at the end of every episode, the President solves a major problem and everyone is cheering him on, and by the start of the next episode, he is again trailing his opponent in the polls .
Old 21st October 2019, 19:34   #2633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Godless, on Netflix
Very well made western short series, hard to come by these days. Thank you for the review and recommendation. Would rate it a 4/5

Fleabag - would definitely rate it a 4.5/5 as its got this quick, witty but kind of dry vein of humor that permeates the entire show. A must watch if you enjoy brit comedy or dry humor. Adults only, so do take necessary precautions if you have kids at home.

Last edited by procrj : 21st October 2019 at 19:38.
Old 21st October 2019, 20:05   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I’ve been watching Bard of Blood and am impressed with Emraan Hashmi. He’s quite a bit better than the so called A Listers . A shame he doesn’t get much of a chance in mainstream cinema, not to mention the ill deserved ridicule of “serial kisser”.
Once you brand someone like that, everything else goes for a toss. I really like him as an actor. He has that normal everyday person look going for him as well. His performances in Shanghai & The Dirty Picture were brilliant. Generally needs a good script. I hope he makes good choices going ahead.
Old 21st October 2019, 22:24   #2635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Fleabag - would definitely rate it a 4.5/5 as its got this quick, witty but kind of dry vein of humor that permeates the entire show. A must watch if you enjoy brit comedy or dry humor.
Absolutely must watch. Outstanding writing. A very unique style of writing and "looking at camera and saying monologues" dialogue delivery.

After watching Fleabag, I was naturally drawn to Killing Eve. As the tag line says, literally "Nothing ever seen on Television". Superb writing again by Phoebe Waller-Bridge (season 1) and now executive producer.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the first ever in the history to have been nominated for Writing in both Drama and Comedy category and winning both. She is currently reigning supreme in UK entertainment industry.

Insane acting by Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer. Both deservedly won many nominations and awards this year. Eagerly waiting for season 3.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-1571676875803.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2019 at 00:04. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 21st October 2019, 22:35   #2636
BHPian

Killing Eve & Fleabag are pretty good UK TV(better than loud over the top american) shows by Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

One other good UK comedy show about 4 teens is "Inbetweeners".

Oh..by the way, Stranger Things season 3 sucks!
Old 21st October 2019, 22:54   #2637
Team-BHP Support

I happened to catch one episode of Ye Jo Hai Zindagi on Prime Videos. It was quite funny. Well written and brilliant acting.

This was episode 2 of season 1 : Sofa-cum-Bed
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:02   #2638
BHPian

Apple TV+ has launched in India as of 1st Nov, saw the big banner when i turned on my Fire TV stick today. There is a ATV original show called SEE. Looks interesting. So we have one more choice for those who were not on ATV before.
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-see_01.jpg
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:09   #2639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I happened to catch one episode of Ye Jo Hai Zindagi on Prime Videos. It was quite funny. Well written and brilliant acting.

This was episode 2 of season 1 : Sofa-cum-Bed
The old one?
It's a class apart, that series, as it is with most of the shows up until the closing if the century.
And that cast is showcase of very talented people! Putting it on my list right now. Thanks!
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:13   #2640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
do watch the series completely,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I started watching The Sopranos
I finished watching The Sopranos. I am still under hangover of it. I used to think that it is not possible to step in the shoes of the likes of The Godfather, Goodfellas. I was wrong. This David Chase not only stepped in the shoes of those great movies but created new shoes.

Let BB and GOT fight with each other, The Sopranos is the real winner.

What's next?

I wanted to start watching The wire but my mind is occupied in Mafia and stuff. So landed into the Broadwalk Empire (just finished S1E1. This series also looks promising. The era of 1920 is nice portrayed wherein Al Capone is still a driver and muscle of James "Big Jim" Colosimo gang.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks