Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 18:06   #2746
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I finished 4 seasons of Bosch and found out that the 5th season is not yet available in India. Got a canned response from Amazon customer support with no clear release date when I emailed them about it.
The fifth season of Bosch is now available in India. Time to binge watch!
Old 12th January 2020, 08:19   #2747
BHPian

Re: Jamtara - Series(Netflix)

Jamtara - Series(Netflix)

I just binge watched this well made series on 'phishing' scandal, operated from a remote village in the hinterlands. The leading characters have given a stand out performance.
It's surprising that, this tightly scripted, nicely done series with mostly fresh young faces has NOT been mentioned on this thread.

Well worth a watch! 4/5.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 09:51   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Finished the 3 episode BBC's Dracula series developed by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat (creators of BBC Sherlock). The first 2 episodes were brilliantly written, intriguing and genuinely scary and disturbing. The last episode completely lost me. Danish actor Claes Bang playing Count Dracula is absolutely perfect for the role and British actress Dolly Wells playing Sister Agatha was brilliant! Must watch for fans of gothic horror genre!
Thanks for the tip. Watched the first two eps with my wife, over the weekend and it's been pretty good. Like you said, Claes Bang and Dolly Wells really pick it up and the good script helps as well.

Saw in the TV time app that the 3rd episode had bad ratings so i guess you were not alone.

I am guessing the future world scenario was not well accepted?
Old 13th January 2020, 10:05   #2749
BHPian

Is anyone watching Mr. Mercedes on SonyLiv? I found the first season quite good. Started watching the second season. The first season seems to be much better than the second, but I'll reserve my judgement till I finish watching this season.
Old 16th January 2020, 21:55   #2750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Treadstone as in Bourne's treadstone?
Watched the 1st episode on prime and it seems interesting. Its not all action as there seems to be an interesting story line that they are building towards.

Last edited by procrj : 16th January 2020 at 21:56.
Old 16th January 2020, 22:26   #2751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

I just binge watched this well made series on 'phishing' scandal, operated from a remote village in the hinterlands. The leading characters have given a stand out performance.
It's surprising that, this tightly scripted, nicely done series with mostly fresh young faces has NOT been mentioned on this thread.

Well worth a watch! 4/5.
Produced by vice. All their stuff is good. Check their documentaries out on YouTube. The stuff on North Korea is fantastic.
Old 16th January 2020, 22:31   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Produced by vice. All their stuff is good. Check their documentaries out on YouTube. The stuff on North Korea is fantastic.
Is that so! Could you please list, some of their series/shows on NetFlix? I have a long weekend coming up, would like to catch up on some of their stuff!
Old 16th January 2020, 23:37   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Pretty Much everything by VICE is great. They have a channel called Viceland, try it if you can.
Old 17th January 2020, 00:00   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Pretty Much everything by VICE is great. They have a channel called Viceland, try it if you can.
The 'Jamtara' series has been done exceptionally well. The way they have got the performance from the teen actors is commendable. I just accidentally stumbled onto this series, while surfing Netflix. First episode, 5 minutes into it, got hooked and completed the entire series in one single sitting. Initial few episodes are of around 20 odd mins each.

All in all, time well spent!
Old 17th January 2020, 00:35   #2755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well worth a watch! 4/5.
Am a few episodes in and it is indeed a good watch. Like others have suggested, need to check out their other documentaries.
Old 18th January 2020, 20:12   #2756
Senior - BHPian

The Mandalorian
Watched first 4 episodes which are fantastic. Especially the 4th one has some really cool and emotional moments. The soundtrack is beautiful and most impressive thing is dialogues, nothing cheesy or over the top, everything is on point and in many scenes its left to viewers interpretation which is genius. After the disappointment of few Star wars movies this is a breath of fresh air.

Also, saw the trailer for Jamtara on netflix, thought its a generic one but after recommendations here will give it a shot.

Last edited by harry10 : 18th January 2020 at 20:18.
Old 19th January 2020, 21:20   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Am a few episodes in and it is indeed a good watch. Like others have suggested, need to check out their other documentaries.
Watch it soon. There seems to be some controversy regarding some of the dialogues and 'Netflix' might be forced to pull out some of the episodes OR the series, altogether.
Old 21st January 2020, 21:46   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Watch it soon. There seems to be some controversy regarding some of the dialogues and 'Netflix' might be forced to pull out some of the episodes OR the series, altogether.
Crazy. Finished watching it though and thought it was really well made. Guess there is another season in the works?
Old 21st January 2020, 23:01   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Crazy. Finished watching it though and thought it was really well made. Guess there is another season in the works?
I've binge watched something after a long time. It was good. The performances were fantastic. Just a warning that there is a fair degree of cursing throughout so you may wish to be alone/not have kids near.
Old 22nd January 2020, 16:10   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
well made series on 'phishing' scandal,
It's surprising that, this tightly scripted, nicely done series with mostly fresh young faces
Well worth a watch! 4/5.
Thanks for the recommendation. I just started watching this and I am hooked right from the first episode.

A series on phishing is relevant specially since we receive such calls daily. Just the other day I received a call from a lady stating that I had won some 25 lakh rupees and if I can log into my online bank account she would show me how to get it.

Fresh faces are doing a good job too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks