Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 23:07   #2776
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Is "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 10 available on any of the streaming channels in India ?
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:50   #2777
BHPian

Drive to Survive - Season 2

I used to follow Formula 1 long long ago. The last time I watched Formula 1 was when Alonso won the world championship (circa 2006). This was a time when Williams wasn't coming last!

The first season of Drive to Survive (based on the 2018 season), got me interested in Formula 1 once again. After watching Season 1 in March last year, I followed the 2019 season very closely. Enjoyed it immensely. The series gives a great behind the scenes perspective of the teams, their drivers and where they come from. In 2019, I was rooting for Charles LeClerc. Loved his calm and composed drive. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for his team's strategy and his teammate he could have score more points. Definitely a future world champion.

Season 2, I would give it a rating of 3.5/5.

I felt it obsessed over Renault. Riccardo's move to Renault over McLaren, into a car which wasn't upto the mark and the tragedy of Nikko Hulkenberg. The Red Bull/Torro Rosso midseason shuffle was touched upon significantly. Nothing on Alfa Romeo and Racing Point in this season. McLaren, Haas and Williams had some screen time. Mercedes agreed to be covered for a single race weekend - the German Grand Prix in the season. Interesting episode, because of how that weekend turned out for them. Ferrari was covered, but they could have shown a lot more. Seemed like a very careful depiction, unlike for instance, how the series showed Christian Horner speaking his mind on team strategy, expectations and future plans etc.

After watching season 2, I am looking forward to seeing Carlos Sainz, Esteban Ocon, George Russel, and Alex Albon in the 2020 season. Hopefully, Williams, Hass and Renault will have a better car this year than they did in 2019.

Last edited by promit : 2nd March 2020 at 12:10.
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:48   #2778
Senior - BHPian

I am not okay with this. It's on netflix. Was gonna skip it as trailer felt like another cheesy teen drama. 7 episodes, 20 mins each so it's easy to binge watch. Starts slow but picks in the middle and ending is a fantastic cliffhanger.

Homeland has started with a bang. Last season was average but this one is absolutely fantastic so far. Especially the 4th episode was really intense and has set it up nicely. Will miss this show as it ends.
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:22   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Is "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 10 available on any of the streaming channels in India ?
HotStar has "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 10.
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:25   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Any recommended series for Cars restoration? I've already watched Car masters and Rust Valley series on Netflix.
Youtube has some good channels which show detailed restoration videos, especially for wrecked exotics!
Try Car SOS from hot star. Two seasons and 7/8 episodes each. After top gear this is a very good piece of work from UK. Little bit emotional than car restoration but overall felt very nice.
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:44   #2781
BHPian

Just finished watching Drive to Survive season 2 on Netflix. Came away slightly disappointed. While few episodes are really good, there is too much focus on a few drivers and a few teams. Some unnecessary sound effects too. Hopefully it's improved for the next season.
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:49   #2782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Last season was average but this one is absolutely fantastic so far.
Is there a connection with the last season? I have watched first 2 seasons and then gave up on the third mid way. If the latest one is good, wouldn't mind watching.
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:00   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Just finished watching Drive to Survive season 2 on Netflix. Came away slightly disappointed. While few episodes are really good, there is too much focus on a few drivers and a few teams. Some unnecessary sound effects too. Hopefully it's improved for the next season.
I think these guys love Ricciardo too much. There was a shortage of good stories this season, compared to the last season. Last year, the fights between Renault and Red Bull for the engines, as well as Max and Ricciardo's competition made for some good TV. This season lacked those elements, but it still had some good episodes. I liked the ones with Alex Albon and Carlos Sainz. The Mercedes episode was easily the worst, as they tried to create some drama where there was none.
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:41   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think these guys love Ricciardo too much. There was a shortage of good stories this season, compared to the last season. Last year, the fights between Renault and Red Bull for the engines, as well as Max and Ricciardo's competition made for some good TV. This season lacked those elements, but it still had some good episodes. I liked the ones with Alex Albon and Carlos Sainz. The Mercedes episode was easily the worst, as they tried to create some drama where there was none.
Yeah. It felt like the whole season revolved around Daniel. The Alfa Romeo drivers barely got any screen time. They missed a great opportunity with the Ferrari Monza win. Instead they chose to focus on the US GP which was not even a key moment in Ferrari's season. The German GP episode was disappointing as it did not live up to all the hype around it.
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:43   #2785
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive to Survive - Season 2 : 2.5 / 5

I guess someone in the production team decided that Season 2 needs more drama, more one-on-one arguments, make it more personal and like a movie saga! And voila - we have that!

Turning out to be a disappointment (I'm yet to watch the remaining half of it); which is really sad as 2019 season was so exciting with so much that happened in the races! They just needed to connect and provide the background of what happened behind the scenes and that would have been enough!

I just hope the rest of the episodes are better than the initial few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Just finished watching Drive to Survive season 2 on Netflix. Came away slightly disappointed.
+1
Old 6th March 2020, 16:42   #2786
BHPian

I had some time to kill this week so watched Hunters on Prime, enjoyed the view and found it entertaining.
Old 14th March 2020, 15:17   #2787
BHPian

To lovers of Cricket (Pointless question in our country I know), there is a new series on Prime.

The Test

Quote:
The Test: A New Era for Australia’s Team is an exclusive new docuseries following the Australian Men’s Cricket Team that will be coming to Amazon Prime Video in Australia and more than 200 countries and territories in early 2020. The eight-part series offers a behind-the-scenes look at how one of the world’s best cricket teams fell from grace and was forced to reclaim their title and integrity.

Picking up immediately after the incident in South Africa that led to an outpouring of disappointment and shock around the world, The Test begins with the appointment of Justin Langer as coach. It follows the Australian Men’s Cricket Team around the world in the team’s fight to regain the respect of world cricket. From a tough run in the short-form of the game, to their first ever Test series loss to India on Australian soil, the team rises to a successful World Cup campaign and battle against England for the 2019 Ashes series.
Source: Deadline

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-image0.jpg

Last edited by Ithaca : 14th March 2020 at 15:20.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 15:45   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I had some time to kill this week so watched Hunters on Prime, enjoyed the view and found it entertaining.
Yeah, binge watched it recently.

I recently watched Pushpavalli on Prime, 2nd season recently got released. The female protagansit is played by a standup comedian. Few other cast members are also standup comedians. I must say their performances are incredible.
Old 14th March 2020, 15:49   #2789
BHPian

With S2 released yesterday, I would suggest Kingdom as a must watch. It's a South Korean Netflix series and brilliantly uses zombies for a period action-drama.
Old 14th March 2020, 23:36   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Yeah, binge watched it recently.
I too binge watched it last weekend and enjoyed it, but the finale had too many twists for my liking. The season did not provide a kind of ending, instead ended leaving us more confused. I really hate it when they leave us waiting for the next season for answers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks