Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2020, 10:31   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Thank you for this! I caught up with season 2 and just wrapped it up.

Loved the premise and the narrative more than S1. I also loved the whole concept of the invincible antagonist in the serial! I mean typically, one would expect a showdown between the good guys and the villains as the serial draws to a close. Pretty fast paced too this time. Will definitely recommend this.

Moving on to S3 now. Let's see how that goes!

Hey, you are welcome! By the way, how is season 3? I thought I should take a break from Fargo since I watched the movie, and both season 1 and 2 in this lock down period. So I started Fauda, somehow didnt find it engaging due to the dubbing and started watching Narcos.

As for Narcos, have seen 3 episodes now, its not bad, but two things that irritate me is the constant voice over and also the needless adult content. May be I will complete season 1, but not compelled to watch it every night like Fargo.
Old 28th June 2020, 12:27   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hey, you are welcome! By the way, how is season 3? I thought I should take a break from Fargo since I watched the movie, and both season 1 and 2 in this lock down period. So I started Fauda, somehow didnt find it engaging due to the dubbing and started watching Narcos.

As for Narcos, have seen 3 episodes now, its not bad, but two things that irritate me is the constant voice over and also the needless adult content. May be I will complete season 1, but not compelled to watch it every night like Fargo.
Fargo Season 1&2 are absolute masterpieces, Season 2 is probably one of the all-time best televesion shows IMO. But, season 3 was a letdown and I couldn't get myself to complete it even being such a huge fan of the first 2 seasons, may be my expectations were too high.

I watched CB strike in Hotstar and it is quite a decent crime investigation show, a bit cheesy at times but definitely watchable nevertheless. Would rate it 7.5/10.

Also, watched Goliath Season 1, again an okay series but nothing special about it. Not feeling compelled to watch Season 2.

ALso, watching Designated Survivor which is purely a timepass show and not to be taken seriously. Frankly, it makes a mockery of the world's most powerful man (US president) by oversimplifying it to such an extent that it's ridiculous sometimes. But it's one of the shows which you can switch on anytime for a few mins when you really don't have time or energy to watch something more substantial. ALso, this show could be renamed as - "I am telling you to trust me", which the President says in almost every show to get out of a tough situation (along with making a puppy face)

A quick word on few of the desi series I have watched till date -
Mirzapur - awesome, but very violent and abusive. not everyone's cup of tea. Rating -9/10
SPecial Ops - very well made crime drama, though there are lot of cinematic liberties. Rating - 8.5/10
Family man - it's a combination of crime, drama presented with some comical undertone. It has no connection with realism as such and should be watched purely as a masala series. Seen as a masala series, I found it extremely entertaining. Rating - 9/10
Jamtara - I found it just about ordinary though the premise was super interesting. Rating - 6/10
Breathe - Well made crime drama series, again with lots of loopholes but extremely good performance from lead actors. Rating - 8/10
Voot- If I leave aside the last 2 episodes, I would have given in 10/10. Such an amazing concept which was letdown by the shoddy screenplay in the last 2 episodes. Rating - 8/10
Panchayat - Nice, feel good series in a village backdrop. Looking forward to season 2 which should be fun. Rating - 8/10.

Started watching Castle Rock on Netflix, hopefully it turns out to good. Frankly, running out of options in spite of having Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar, Voot. Any new recommendations?

Last edited by adimicra : 28th June 2020 at 12:28.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 12:35   #3063
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
By the way, how is season 3?
Aw man, if the first episode is any sign of things to come, this is going to be one boring season! I surely hope that isn't the case.

Narcos S1-S3 is kick-ass! You're in for a treat.
Old 28th June 2020, 13:50   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Dark season 3 has landed on Netflix.

Going by the first episode, it is almost like a reset to an already complicated storyline. I have resisted reading the reviews and by the look of episode 1 it looks like living up to the brilliant first two seasons.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 10:38   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Started watching Castle Rock on Netflix, hopefully it turns out to good.
Watched Season 1 and stopped Season 2 after a few episodes. Maybe will get back to it in a few weeks. Season 1 and 2 are completely independent atleast from what i saw till now, so you can watch the seasons in any order.

There were some good episodes in Season 1, but the climax was a big let down. But I loved the mom specific episode. I think it was Episode 7. It was one of the most brilliant episodes I have seen recently. Amazing acting, writing and cinematography.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 20:09   #3066
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'The Naked Director' on Netflix. A Japanese series set in the 80's about a salesman. Good acting overall. More than a decent watch. Just beware about the explicit scenes.
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 21:13   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Dark season 3 has landed on Netflix.

Going by the first episode, it is almost like a reset to an already complicated storyline. I have resisted reading the reviews and by the look of episode 1 it looks like living up to the brilliant first two seasons.
I LOVE dark! Started watching S3 and man, you need a map to decipher every scene. The wife and I sit with the wiki to at least look at the character names - it really throws you off so much.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 09:01   #3068
Team-BHP Support

1. Dark: (Netflix)

4.5 / 5

How did I miss this so far. I'm still only at E7 of S1 but it is intriguing and grippy. Absolutely loving it so far for its sheer complexity.

2. Bulbbul: (Netflix)

4.5 / 5

Outstanding movie and a must watch. Brilliant cinematography, editing, the colors (some of the brilliant dark / dark red colors and visuals remind me of Tumbbad). I simply love the quality of cinema / shows that streaming platforms have given birth to. This is a must watch feature. Produced by Anushka Sharma's production house - I must say she is backing some quality projects.

3. Collateral: (Netflix)

4 / 5

Its not exactly rocket science in the ultimate plot but still really racy and well put together. Overall a nice punchy watch and the good thing is it wraps in all of 4 episodes. Which is a welcome change in itself these days - if you want a quick in quick out weekend binge.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 09:10   #3069
BHPian

Broadchurch Season 1. It's an English crime series - slow but interesting. Good thing is it has only 8 episodes, so not dragging either.

Yet to watch S2 and S3.
Old 30th June 2020, 09:28   #3070
BHPian

Haikyu!! Is a Japanese anime series based on high school volleyball in Japan and the trials and tribulations of the game at a competitive level. I could totally relate to it as i went through similar struggles and efforts when in school.
It is available on Netflix for season one and other anime streaming sites for seasons 2, 3 & 4.
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:10   #3071
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Fargo' on Netflix. Season 1 & 2 have an interesting plot. Pace of the narrative is also pretty good. Worth a watch. As far as Season 3 goes, I'm yet to finish the last 2 episodes. Its been a bit drab & not that interesting compared to the first 2 seasons.
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:41   #3072
BHPian

Watcher 'Adventures of Merlin' on Netflix on colleagues recommendation. Merlin is Young warlock but he is in a kingdom where magic is banned.

Colin Morgan's performance as Merlin has charm. Overall acting performance on the show by other actors are also good.

However, most of episodes are on similar lines or exactly same. But for some reason I kept watching just to know the end, finally I skipped to final few episodes of last season and they were also ok only. It would have been a great show if they would have wrapped it up in 1 or 2 season itself.
This show is for Kids.

My rating : 6/10 (+1 for Merlin's charm).
Old 3rd July 2020, 17:07   #3073
BHPian

If you are fan of British Crime thrillers and got bored of US shows, please do watch 'Line of Duty', 'Luther'. I was in UK recently and started watching British shows on Netflix. I finished watching most of crime thrillers. This includes 'Happy Valley', 'The Fall', 'BodyGuard', etc. It was just refreshing to see all of these after watching so many US shows. I don't what it is but I loved all of it.
Old 5th July 2020, 11:35   #3074
BHPian

Isn't Disney Hotstar available on TV? I have LG Smart TV but not able to see the app. Any idea how to install on TV and not just get restricted to laptop/mobile viewing?
Old 5th July 2020, 12:41   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
1. Dark: (Netflix)
4.5 / 5

How did I miss this so far. I'm still only at E7 of S1 but it is intriguing and grippy. Absolutely loving it so far for its sheer complexity.
In the past, I haven't liked the genre (Lost, Interstellar etc) as much as I am liking Dark. It has blown me away. I am halfway through Season 2 at the moment. When I am not watching it, I find myself thinking about the extremely complex storyline and plot. I am watching it in German with English subtitles. The initial episodes were overwhelming, with the sheer number of characters introduced. Which got even more complex through time... . I second your rating of 4.5/5 for Dark.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks