Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 17:28   #3076
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Isn't Disney Hotstar available on TV? I have LG Smart TV but not able to see the app. Any idea how to install on TV and not just get restricted to laptop/mobile viewing?
Yes it is available. Are you not able to find it in the LG content store? I had it by default on my LG TV. Although have to say it is very slow and is missing options like subtitle setting etc.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 18:00   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Yes it is available. Are you not able to find it in the LG content store? I had it by default on my LG TV. Although have to say it is very slow and is missing options like subtitle setting etc.
Not able to find in the LG store. Netflix. Prime, Zee 5 are all there but no Hotstar though. Watching in my laptop and the quality / sub titles appear good enough.
Old 5th July 2020, 18:26   #3078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quiz - 8 / 10

Fantastic short and compact 'series' on a scam that hit the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" UK edition. Along with the scam details, they are also able to show how the show came into existence and the levels of popularity it attained across the world.

Most of the cast is decent in their respective roles; but it's Michael Sheen as the show host who shines out clearly. Gives you a soft reminder how bad Anil Kapoor was in Slumdog Millionaire with his fake American accent (Chaaaaiwaalaahhh..... Whaaaat a plaaayrrr, Whaaaat a plaaayrrr!!!)

A total time of ~2 hours to finish this series, best for a weekend watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Quiz
Highly recommended.
Rating - 8.5/10
Thanks for the recommendation!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:03   #3079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not able to find in the LG store. Netflix. Prime, Zee 5 are all there but no Hotstar though. Watching in my laptop and the quality / sub titles appear good enough.
In that case you may side load it. Try you tube for how to do it. In my Sony Android TV Hotstar was pre loaded and it works quite well. Most people complain about its streaming quality but I never had an issue with it.
Old 6th July 2020, 14:10   #3080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I second your rating of 4.5/5 for Dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
1. Dark: (Netflix)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I LOVE dark! Started watching S3 and man, you need a map to decipher every scene.
I was a big fan of Dark until I started watching season 3. After watching 6 painful episodes of Season 3, I gave up and watched a spoiler video on youtube to know how it all ends. While I understand the need for complexity, I simply dont understand why the storytelling had to be so disjointed. Even after 6 episodes in the season, I did not have a clue where the story was headed. What really turned me off was desperately slow pace combined with the haphazard story telling. Season 1 & 2 were beautifully choreographed but Season 3 is a big letdown
Rate it 1/5 for Season 03.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 14:32   #3081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
After watching 6 painful episodes of Season 3, I gave up
Hahaha, agree with you. I was about to give up season 3 midway but then read somewhere that final two episodes clears everything and it does. It is overall a good series but little too complicated for my head. I would still rate it as 4/5.
Old 6th July 2020, 15:41   #3082
BHPian

Surprised to not find any reviews of season 2 of Hanna yet.
The first season was pretty watchable.
Old 8th July 2020, 12:43   #3083
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Queen of the South' on Netlfix. A total entertainer! Story of a woman who is on the run after her boyfriend is murdered by a cartel boss. Surprised there aren't many reviews of this on the thread. The story is fast paced & there's rarely a dull moment. Good performances by the cast. Its not in the same league as Breaking Bad or Narcos, but its definitely better than Narcos:Mexico.
PPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 21:02   #3084
Senior - BHPian

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Im on to the second season of Narcos now, another 5 episodes to complete this season. All said and done, this series has been made quite well, right from the locations, actors, screenplay and all aspects have been handled like a top tier Hollywood movie. The guy who plays Pablo Escobar is so believable, the role has a fantastic character arc, very well scripted I think.

The only thing that I dont really understand is the needless adult content, makes is cringe worthy at times. But I do have another 15 episodes left, since there is also season 3, so not sure about the rest.
Old 8th July 2020, 23:26   #3085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Surprised to not find any reviews of season 2 of Hanna yet.
The first season was pretty watchable.
Well, second season is average. More soap opera and less action. Lots of teen drama and the main protagonist Hanna has less screen time than 1st season. First season was so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched 'Queen of the South' on Netlfix. A total entertainer! Story of a woman who is on the run after her boyfriend is murdered by a cartel boss. Surprised there aren't many reviews of this on the thread.
I really like this show. Very underrated as a crime drama. Eagerly waiting for the next season.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 20:47   #3086
PPS
Senior - BHPian

'La Mante' is a hidden gem on Netlfix. Its really good. A French thriller centered around a string of copycat murders where the original killer is asked to help solve the case. Its a mini-series of 6 episodes. Only downside is that its in French.

Also saw 'Collateral' on Netflix. Decent watch. A short series into the darker side of Underworld London.
PPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 20:55   #3087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
'La Mante' is a hidden gem on Netlfix. Its really good. A French thriller centered around a string of copycat murders where the original killer is asked to help solve the case. Its a mini-series of 6 episodes. Only downside is that its in Frencdon.
Watched it a couple of months back and rate it as one of the best tv series I have seen. The twists are absolutely incredible and the screenplay does not linger. Came across it while streaming French shows as part of my quest to learn the language.

Le Chalet is also decent.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 15:51   #3088
BHPian

have finished watching the following off late:

- Bordertown 7 / 10
(season 1 & 2 are quite good. i skipped the last two episodes of season 2. Season 3, i personally didn't like few of the plots but there is a 3 episode case which was really good).

- Deadwind 8.5 / 10
(i really liked this one. two seasons which are worth watching)

Currently watching Marcella season 3, have finished 6 episodes. very good series.

Started watching the new Season, 3, of Dark (another of my favourites) have seen 2 episodes of the season. i am little lost on this, probably due to the gap between finishing season 2 and the new season coming out.

Did anyone else find Narcos Mexico season 2 too drawn out? i saw one episode. several weeks later saw episode 2 and gave up on the series.

Has anyone tried:
- "Dispatches from Elsewhere" on Prime? AMC's offbeat series is worth a watch, one episode a day. based on the jejune institute. 7 / 10

- Homecoming season 2.
i found season 2 more approachable than season 1. finished watching it in 2 days.
Old 11th July 2020, 22:40   #3089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Currently watching Marcella season 3, have finished 6 episodes. very good series.
The season 1 & 2, the culprit is revealed in the final episode BUT they never tie up the loose ends and lots of detours which happens in the prior episodes. I hope season 3 is better on this front.
Old 12th July 2020, 10:52   #3090
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not able to find in the LG store.
Would suggest buying a Fire Stick and making your TV truly smart! Bonus = you can move it to any other TV (or your newer one when you upgrade).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks