Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 08:21   #3121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Im on to the second season of Narcos now, another 5 episodes to complete this season. All said and done, this series has been made quite well, right from the locations, actors, screenplay and all aspects have been handled like a top tier Hollywood movie. The guy who plays Pablo Escobar is so believable, the role has a fantastic character arc, very well scripted I think.

The only thing that I dont really understand is the needless adult content, makes is cringe worthy at times. But I do have another 15 episodes left, since there is also season 3, so not sure about the rest.

So I thought that Narcos cannot get more interesting after season 2, but I was proven wrong! Season 3 was way better! Season 1 and 2 are primarily about Escobar and you literally stay invested in the characters. But season 3 is way too quick, and although there is no one character like Escobar here, the overall narration is very intriguing and well paced.

Post three seasons of Narcos, I did attempt Narcos Mexico, but stopped mid way in the 2nd episode since it just felt a bit too much, watching similar stuff back to back over the last few weeks. And so I switched to Fauda, have covered about 10 episodes now, the series is interesting, no doubt, but it does get very unrealistic at times. Not sure if I will end up watching all 3 seasons.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 09:43   #3122
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I LOVE dark! Started watching S3 and man, you need a map to decipher every scene. The wife and I sit with the wiki to at least look at the character names - it really throws you off so much.
Sir, there is a YouTube channel called "WatchRoz"

The lady has uploaded her reviews of all 3 seasons & she explains each episode in Hindi.

Last edited by Ithaca : 22nd July 2020 at 09:45.
Ithaca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:40   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Just finished watching Narcos. Amazing series. Loved how they kept showing the original images/videos of actual events along with the show.

Time to watch Space Force or something lighter before starting Narcos Mexico
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:53   #3124
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And so I switched to Fauda, have covered about 10 episodes now, the series is interesting, no doubt, but it does get very unrealistic at times. Not sure if I will end up watching all 3 seasons.
I felt Season 3 of Fauda was the best of the lot. Its among by top favourites on Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Time to watch Space Force or something lighter before starting Narcos Mexico
Compared to Narcos, I found Narcos Mexico very disappointing, most have on this thread. I would suggest 'Queen of the South' instead, if you desire a fast paced crime drama based on drug cartels.

Last edited by PPS : 22nd July 2020 at 12:55.
Old 22nd July 2020, 17:45   #3125
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a Hindi series called Undekhi (the "dekhi" is written in Hindi script) on Sony LIV. There is not much original content on LIV and I find the interface very antiquated and clunky, so will probably not renew my current subscription. However this is a breezy watch- a whodunit with a Bengali investigator tracking well-connected criminals in the hills of Manali- usual caveats of foul language and gratuitous sex apply. Binge watched 7 of the 12 30-minute episodes last night and will probably finish the rest soon.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd July 2020 at 17:47.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:29   #3126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Indian Matchmaking is a superb new show on Netflix! It starts off a bit slow, but by the 2nd episode, the family was hooked. It centers around a high-profile matchmaker from Mumbai who plays cupid to clients from India & USA. Very safe, light family watch (unlike the popular crime thrillers).

Would recommend. Rating it 3.5 / 5 stars.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:56   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
There is a Hindi series called Undekhi (the "dekhi" is written in Hindi script) on Sony LIV. There is not much original content on LIV and I find the interface very antiquated and clunky, so will probably not renew my current subscription. However this is a breezy watch- a whodunit with a Bengali investigator tracking well-connected criminals in the hills of Manali- usual caveats of foul language and gratuitous sex apply. Binge watched 7 of the 12 30-minute episodes last night and will probably finish the rest soon.
Are you sure its 12 episodes and not 10? I looked everywhere but couldn't find more than 10.

Binged watched all 10 episodes yesterday and liked it a lot especially the groom father
Punjabis will find it really good (im one )

Rating 4.5/5
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:04   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
but I am unable to download discovery plus app, it shows app is unavailable.
You have to change the region settings on your Amazon account under "Manage your Content and Devices" option. It is set to US by default, change it to India and wait for a few minutes to reflect across all your devices.
Old 24th July 2020, 12:37   #3129
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Sherlock' on Netflix. As good as it gets when it comes to a detective series. The show revolves around Benedict Cumberbatch, he hogs the maximum screen time & puts in a stellar performance. Felt Season 1 & 2 were the best. A few things felt a bit absurd & bizarre in Season 3 & 4, but they still keep you entertained.
Old 24th July 2020, 13:15   #3130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Indian Matchmaking is a superb new show on Netflix! It starts off a bit slow, but by the 2nd episode, the family was hooked. It centers around a high-profile matchmaker from Mumbai who plays cupid to clients from India & USA. Very safe, light family watch (unlike the popular crime thrillers).

Would recommend. Rating it 3.5 / 5 stars.
You are not trying to be sarcastic right? Only asking because from whatever I read online, this show is the match making Aunty going mainstream and still at the end being cringy due to arranged marriage stuff.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 16:32   #3131
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
You are not trying to be sarcastic right?
Not sarcastic at all. Me and my family genuinely enjoyed it. Again it starts slowly but you love it by the second episode. Equally, I might add, this isn't for everyone. Just watch it with an open mind.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 17:45   #3132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sarcastic at all. Me and my family genuinely enjoyed it. Again it starts slowly but you love it by the second episode. Equally, I might add, this isn't for everyone. Just watch it with an open mind.
My wife and I are enjoying watching it, but I have say the criticism of the show on Twitter is quite warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Are you sure its 12 episodes and not 10? I looked everywhere but couldn't find more than 10.
You're right, it's 10 episodes. The LIV interface as I've mentioned before is so crappy that you can't even see all episodes of a season in one place.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 16:10   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, thanks a ton for the recommendation. Already wrapped up a season of "Billions" and am now officially addicted to it. Love Bobby Axe, the business, legal wrangling, all those strategic discussions - just brilliant!

Please do share any good business / strategy shows here. I've lined up "Succession" next.
I would advice you to abandon Billions at S03. It gets plain stupid after that. Jump over to Succession, which is infinitely better than the best that any season of Billions could manage. And follow that up with Bad Banks.
WindRide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 17:09   #3134
Distinguished - BHPian

Been watching 'The Last Ship'. Finished 2 seasons and enjoyed it. Since it is centered around a deadly pandemic, vaccines and cures etc.. in line with the times. Of course has all the typical cliches, but I enjoyed it.

Having said that, the relevant threads of the story were closed at the end of season 2. So don't have much hopes for the remaining seasons.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 19:59   #3135
BHPian

Hello bhpians,
I am looking for recommendations for shows(preferably in Hindi) that I can show to my mother. Almost all of the shows today on OTT sources are full of vulgarism or slangs even where not required. Any recommendations will be helpful.

Most Viewed