Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 20:20   #3271
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Have been on Netflix for 5 months now & following are the top shows as per my ranking:-

1. Breaking Bad
2. Fauda
3. Narcos
4. Line of Duty
5. Dark
6. Queen of the South
7. Suits
8. House of Cards
9. Money Heist
10. La Mante
11. Fargo

Guys, please suggest good english shows on Amazon Prime based on my liking above. Taking a break from Netflix till 2022!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 13:01   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

Guys, please suggest good english shows on Amazon Prime based on my liking above. Taking a break from Netflix till 2022!
Bosch
Goliath
The man in high castle
Expanse
Boys
Electric Dreams
Luther
Marvelous Mrs Maisel
lordvader is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 13:07   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
When would it be non-spoiler to talk about the last 30 seconds of the latest Lucifer episode?
Only when the Almighty permits!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 13:14   #3274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Bosch
I just loved Bosch.

PPS, you may add Jack Ryan (Tom Clancy) in the list.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 13:53   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Have been on Netflix for 5 months now & following are the top shows as per my ranking:-

1. The Boys
  2. Fleabag
  3. Jack Ryan
  4. Homecoming
  5. Hunters
  6. Two and a half men
  7. Upload
  8. Young Sheldon
jigar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 18:56   #3276
BHPian

I recently stumbled upon an excellent Korean show called Tunnel 2017 in Netflix. It is a combination of all the genres. The base premise is based on time travel but show unravels as crime thriller(Serial Killer plot) and there is a lot of humour which I loved. But I was mighty impressed in the way they convey emotions. You strongly root for characters and the character development is really good.

There is a Vietnamese remake of the same title in Netflix, hence make sure the year is 2017 for the Korean version.
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 00:35   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I recently stumbled upon an excellent Korean show called Tunnel 2017 in Netflix.
I need to add this to my list. My wife and i are big fans of Korean shows and have completed quite a few crime/serial crime/prosecution and political nexus etc. We find it hard to find technical flaws and are always amazed at the acting talent, realism of the sets, living conditions etc. Off late we have stopped English shows..
Old 10th September 2020, 00:53   #3278
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Paatal Lok' on Amazon Prime. Definitely one of the better Indian shows that I've seen seen. An interesting dark plot & a very good screenplay alongwith brilliant acting my the cast. Felt Gul Panag was wasted in the role.

Also saw Season 9 of 'Suits' on Amazon Prime. Show is still good & watchable especially for the hardcore fans. Though it can get annoying,tedious & repetitive if you watch all seasons in one go. Still felt the initial few seasons were the best.
Old 10th September 2020, 10:54   #3279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I just loved Bosch.
Any idea when Season 6 is releasing? It shows the episode list on Prime but when you click through, says episode not available.
Old 10th September 2020, 11:51   #3280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Any idea when Season 6 is releasing? It shows the episode list on Prime but when you click through, says episode not available.
I watched season 6, it was available on Prime, but just checked it is pulled off.

In fact, I caught it as soon as it was released. Unsure of what happened and why is it off the air? Is it just in India / Asia or US too?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:06   #3281
BHPian

Hi,

Any idea where I can view all the seasons of Shark Tank? I recently saw three seasons of Shark Tank (Season 7/8/9) on Netflix and wanted to watch earlier seasons too.
Old 10th September 2020, 13:30   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I need to add this to my list. My wife and i are big fans of Korean shows and have completed quite a few crime/serial crime/prosecution and political nexus etc. We find it hard to find technical flaws and are always amazed at the acting talent, realism of the sets, living conditions etc. Off late we have stopped English shows..
I agree 100%. I am a huge movie/tv show buff but lately I have lost interest in watching any kind of shows because the premise of English movies/tv-shows seems to have become too predictable. I hardly watched movies in the lockdown but my wife was totally glued to Korean shows so out of curiosity I wanted to check what was so different about them. Then when I finally watched Tunnel, I realized everything you mentioned is what I could relate as well.

I am currently watching a Korean show called Guardian:the great and lonely god in Netflix. This more in line with Fantasy genre with a heavy dose of humour sprinkled all over the show. This is just too good as well. The cinematography is top notch, the music is excellent and the acting is one of the best I have watched. It takes a couple of episode to understand the lore of the show but once you connect to it, then it is so addicitve. After watching around 10 episodes I randomly checked the ratings and was not disappointed to see 8.7/10 in IMDB.
Old 10th September 2020, 13:45   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I am currently watching a Korean show called Guardian:the great and lonely god in Netflix.
Thanks added to watch list. Watching 'The Guardians' Korean show at the moment and awaiting new episodes of "Stranger". My wife has started "Black". I also like Turkish shows but so far Korean have been the best!
Old 10th September 2020, 13:54   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Probably around December for Prime in India. They had released it in India with US on 16th April but pulled it down again after 15 days. Maybe Lockdown special !
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:22   #3285
BHPian

In addition to the worthy ones already mentioned in previous replies, I will suggest "The Good Wife" on Amazon Prime. It is a politico-legal drama about a Bill and Hillary Clinton kind of power couple.

I have just started on the 7th and final season and would rate it 4/5.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks