Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 23:30   #3511
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Finished watching season 1 of "C B Strike" detective series on Hotstar yesterday. Worth a watch. Loved the Robin role played by Holliday Grainger. Remembered her from the 'Finest Hours' movie.
It was pretty good. Season 2 just started, first episode was so though
Old 26th January 2021, 09:12   #3512
Distinguished - BHPian

The Dig, coming up on January 29, looks promising.
Old 27th January 2021, 09:42   #3513
BHPian

Finished watching The Sopranos yesterday. Although it was released in early 2000s and I am sure many people must have watched it already, it has turned me into a fan of James Gandolfini. I don't think any other actor could have portrayed the boss, Tony Soprano, any better.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20210124104653_chrome.jpg
Image source: Internet

For those who haven't watched it and are a fan of Italian mafia stuff (Godfatheresque), it is a must watch.

Only shortcoming according to me - Season 6 could have been shorter and stretches upto 21 episodes. A solid 5/5 for the series overall.

PS: Not family/ kids friendly.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 12:47   #3514
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, Tandav has gotten royally panned by BHPians and non-BHPians alike (IMDB rating is 4 / 10).

However, I liked it. Liked, not loved, but it was worth a watch for me. I love dramas, I love Saif and I love political shows, so I guess that was a contributor. Family was a bit disappointed when the season ended as we wanted to see what was next on Samar's mind.

Already waiting for Season 2!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:33   #3515
BHPian

In the Republic Day spirit, went through 6 episodes of Jeet Ji Zid on Zee5 this weekend. Nice and interesting to watch. Great acting by Amit Sadh as the main protagonist, Amrita Puri as the wife and Sushant Singh in the role of the tough taskmaster.

Could contain some expletives but no adult content till now. Will finish it in a couple of days.

The internet probably agrees with me, its rated 8.6 on IMDB.

Last edited by antz.bin : 27th January 2021 at 13:36. Reason: Typo
Old 27th January 2021, 14:03   #3516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Tandav: 1.5 / 5 *

Horrendous.
Tandav is Prime's Ludo.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 14:34   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Tandav is Prime's Ludo.
There is a lot of junk like this going to be served to us. Thanks to the popularity of streaming services.
As far Tandav, it's such a BS script and hurriedly done series just to put it out there.

Its better to re-watch some of the greatest series , TV shows, movies than waste time on Tandav like shows.

Saif is a good actor and negative shade roles suits him.
Old 27th January 2021, 21:36   #3518
BHPian

Watching Wandavision (3 episodes released so far). I am a big MCU fan, infact I bought disney + hotstar subscription last year when I came to know that the phase 4 will release a lot of series that will tie up to the movies that will release in theaters.

So far, it is (as expected) slowly picking speed towards a much anticipated climax. 3rd episode ended where the wait for the next episode start to become a painful wait already.

Let's see if the whole series turn out to be a superb one.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 14:07   #3519
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anyone else feel the same? I was going through the shows I've watched and found that the "stickiness" of Hindi shows was far more than that of English. Except for "Narcos" on Netflix, I found that most English shows lose steam or the plot after a while.

I've completed every Hindi show I started (and watched 3+ episodes of), but my English list is a graveyard...I haven't watched any of them till the end.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2021 at 14:20.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:52   #3520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anyone else feel the same? I was going through the shows I've watched and found that the "stickiness" of Hindi shows was far more than that of English. Except for "Narcos" on Netflix, I found that most English shows lose steam or the plot after a while.

I've completed every Hindi show I started (and watched 3+ episodes of), but my English list is a graveyard...I haven't watched any of them till the end.
One reason might be that “most” of our series have a definite plot line with a pre conceived fixed start and end and the seasons that will get you there. E..g sacred Games, Paatal Lok, Made in Heaven etc

A lot of English series on the other hand have an ongoing scripting process that just seems to keep going on and on season after season based on audience demands. For Eg. Blacklist, Castle, Billions etc etc. Very often therefore they lose steam / interest along the way I suppose.

Just one reason or theory.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 10:53   #3521

I mentioned this before, but those with hotstar premium subscription really should not pass over "The Americans". Spellbinding 75 episodes over six seasons, though not suitable for kids at all. I was apprehensive about the Finale, having been burnt with Lost and GoT before, but this one ends on a real high!
udaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 22:39   #3522
Senior - BHPian

Scam 1992 - The Harshad Mehta Story

6 out 5. Yes, you read it right, its more than 5 stars according to me.

Pratik Gandhi has aced the character so much, you will fall in love with him after you are done with this series. His character is what gives character to the show, from the Gujarati lingo to the mannerism, its just perfect.

I finished watched the series day before yesterday and I am watching it again from the beginning now.

Stop whatever you are watching and start this one. Its on SonyLiv.
humyum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 09:33   #3523
Senior - BHPian

Marvel's Behind The Mask, the inspiration behind Marvel's greatest heroes a new special documentary will be streaming on Disney Plus from February 12.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-smartselect_20210203093129_twitter.jpg

Marvel’s Behind the Mask will feature guests from across Marvel’s 80-year legacy, including the writers and artists behind the rise of characters like Black Panther, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain Marvel, and many other characters in the Marvel Universe.

Here's the official trailer

Source
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:04   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Scam 1992 - The Harshad Mehta Story

6 out 5. Yes, you read it right, its more than 5 stars according to me.

Pratik Gandhi has aced the character so much, you will fall in love with him after you are done with this series. His character is what gives character to the show, from the Gujarati lingo to the mannerism, its just perfect.

I finished watched the series day before yesterday and I am watching it again from the beginning now.

Stop whatever you are watching and start this one. Its on SonyLiv.
+1
This is by far the best Indian web series. It's worth taking SonyLiv subscription just for this masterpiece.

Started watching A Confesssion on Sonyliv, which is based on a real life serial killer. 3 episodes into it and loving it so far. SonlyLiv also has quite a few nice shows, one of the other attractions is Hercule Poirot.

EDIT - Started watching Arya on Hotstar but got bored after 4-5 episodes.

Last edited by adimicra : 3rd February 2021 at 12:08.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:37   #3525
Senior - BHPian

Watched "Jeet ki Zid" on Zee5, gripping storyline and perfect implementation. One of the best Indian web series as per me till now. Great acting, casting and direction. Amit Sadh is at his best.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks