Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2021, 21:19   #3706
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

I recently finished watching ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Better Call Saul’ on Netflix. Both the series are amazing particularly the acting of its lead characters. Better Call Saul is prequel of Breaking Bad. I would rate both 4.5 out of 5. I would recommend it to those who like thriller and crime drama. Breaking Bad is full of violence hence would suggest to watch few episodes of FRIENDS or Two and Half men in between to lighten the mood.
khanmaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 07:42   #3707
HBK

Just finished watching The Witcher on Netflix. It's an epic fantasy drama series and you would love every bit of it. Henry Cavill is in the lead role as the Witcher (Geralt of rivia) and he just nailed it with his performance. Feela like this role was only meant for him like Wolverine is for Hugh Jackman. Season 1 contains eight episodes each of about one hour. Season two is also coming in 2021 Q4.
Worth your time.
HBK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 09:30   #3708
BHPian

For those who like political spy thrillers, 'Tehran', an Israeli series is a good watch. It's about a Mossad agent on a mission in Iran. There's just 1 season with apple tv renewing it for a second season, I hear.

Last edited by mobydick1983 : 18th May 2021 at 09:32.
mobydick1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 16:44   #3709
BHPian

I am currently watching '' How I met your mother"" on Hotstar. Very good series, for unwinding with your family. Finished first season. I would rate it 5/5.
eyeman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 23:35   #3710
BHPian

The Last Hour 2.5/5

Picturesque Locations. Good script. Good actors.
Bad direction. Terrible screenplay. Below average background score.

A good opportunity lost due to terrible screenplay and direction. They had a good script, casting was spot on and chose a scenic location. However, the end product was below average. Sanjay Kapoor deserves a lot more than what he got/gets. Probably lived under the shadow of Anil Kapoor. A fine actor. Watch it if there is no other option.
PS: Why do we feel such unrealistic stories lame when made in India and ones made internationally entertaining? Rather why 'Dusri Duniya' feels a bit lame and 'Upside Down' (ST) feels entertaining and believable?
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 01:54   #3711
BHPian

Never have i ever.. - On Netflix

A quirky slice of life drama about an Indian American girl's sophomore year at school. Laced with some funny clichés and the background narration itself is a character in the series.

For those music lovers, here is a handy link to the spötify playlist of Season 1: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4b...45f883fa484258
carthick1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 10:23   #3712
Senior - BHPian

The Family Man Season 2 trailer out now, to stream on June 4

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 11:28   #3713
Senior - BHPian

Binge watched all seasons of 'The Expanse' a sci fi thriller. Amazing visual effects, good story and acting. Would rate it 4/5

Sharing an official trailer of the series.

TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 13:45   #3714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
The Victim

As the 6th season of Line of duty ends, I got fond of Kelly Macdonald - specially her accent. Later got to know about The Victim starring Kelly in the lead role.
I liked the story line and the end. Stunning performances all around.
Gripping Series. Highly recommended.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoings & rightdoings, there is a field. I'll meet you there. - Rumi.

https://Youtu.be/Bl9AUDkRnbU
If you like Kelly MacDonald, she plays a key role both in Giri/Haji on Netflix and Boardwalk Empire on Hotstar. Both excellent shows in their own right.
RoadTrippin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 14:10   #3715
BHPian

Where did you watch Season 6 of Line of Duty? On Netflix India, i see only season 5 as the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
The Victim

As the 6th season of Line of duty ends, I got fond of Kelly Macdonald - specially her accent. Later got to know about The Victim starring Kelly in the lead role.
I liked the story line and the end. Stunning performances all around.
Gripping Series. Highly recommended.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoings & rightdoings, there is a field. I'll meet you there. - Rumi.

https://Youtu.be/Bl9AUDkRnbU
Old 19th May 2021, 15:59   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Binge watched all seasons of 'The Expanse' a sci fi thriller. Amazing visual effects, good story and acting. Would rate it 4/5

Sharing an official trailer of the series.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=_vPLC2xKGTs
Glad you are liking "The Expanse". I have been watching it from the time it was on the SyFy channel, before it got cancelled and then rescued by Amazon. It is one of the best Sci Fi series currently (probably ever). The story, acting and VFX are all amazing. For new comers, I tell them it is like Game of Thrones in Space, because it is more about politics in space .
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 23:16   #3717
Senior - BHPian

Get ready for it to happen all over again. Friends : The Reunion official trailer

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 09:43   #3718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Where did you watch Season 6 of Line of Duty? On Netflix India, i see only season 5 as the latest.
I used a VPN and watched it from an overseas site
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 10:35   #3719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Where was this gem all these years? Can't believe I missed this!

When They See Us - 5/5

Its a short, 4 episode mini-series airing on Netflix with each episode clocking approx. an hour each and the last one at 90 minutes. I can guarantee you, this will be worth your time! Guys, please, PLEASE watch this!
Brilliant 4 episode series with content what matters most to dramatize the events. No nonsense, no over dramatization. It is after reading this I added the series to my watchlist and in 2 sittings over last 2 days, managed to complete it and boy, I will certainly recommend this to everyone. In fact, watch this first and then read about them and that will be even more worth it because everything that was shown, including the names and incidents happened in real.

Anything beyond this would be a spoiler but its 5/5 from my side too.

Like Gannu mentions, the episodes are long, lasting over 75 minutes and one may feel things are slow and not building up the excitement but hey, this is exactly how things unfolded back then. Keep that patience for the last episode as its worth it.

Special mention to all characters who have portrayed the roles of the real life counterparts, each one of them have given their 100% though I have my favorite among them I would not want to refer to that in this post and make it obvious.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th May 2021 at 10:42.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 18:52   #3720
BHPian

Saw the clip about Hercule Poirot series in Sony Liv. When I tried to install the Sony Liv app in the FireTv, it says the app is unavailable. I understand that you have to pay for the Sony Liv app. But it doesn't take you anywhere. What do I miss here or How do I enable SonyLiv in a FireTv ?

Most Viewed