Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 09:00   #3751
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Any reviews of Maharani, the new series on Sony Liv?
An okay watch - will give it a 3 / 5 star rating. We're watching it only because we love politics and drama. The initial 2 episodes start really slow, but stick with it. Gets interesting from the 3rd episode onward.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 10:10   #3752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Are you still not able to download the app on FireTV? I use the FireTV stick and have the SonyLiv app installed and it works pretty well. Of course not to Netflix /Prime levels, but as good as the rest of them.
I have another FireTv in which I have to try the app. This FireTV was bought before the TataSky offered the FireTv as part of Binge package. Amazon has only precanned replies for FireTv help.
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:34   #3753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. Last year Nicole Kidman dazzled with The Undoing, and now its Kate Winslet’s turn as Mare – just brilliant!

The Philly small-town almost felt like a character in the show.
Excellent serial. It is really absorbing and makes you part of the totally screwed up social structures & mores of a American small town. Recommended!
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:43   #3754
BHPian

Started Marcella S1 on Netflix. 2 episodes in and this one seems really interesting in the murder mystery genre. This one too uses the popular approach of giving the female lead protagonist a layered history and depth to her character. Will update once I finish the first season.

Some of the top series I watched in recent times were Broadchurch, Undoing, Unbelievable and Mare of Easttown. I love murder mysteries and would appreciate any recommendations around this genre.
kalpeshc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:46   #3755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. Last year Nicole Kidman dazzled with The Undoing, and now its Kate Winslet’s turn as Mare – just brilliant!
You're welcome

I didn't know David E. Kelley was still writing! Picket Fences used to be my favourite series back in the mid/late '90s followed by The Practice, and Kelley wrote both of those. Interesting factoid: he is married to Michelle Pfeiffer!

Will watch The Undoing when I can...seems to be on Hotstar as well.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:57   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Started Marcella S1 on Netflix. 2 episodes in and this one seems really interesting in the murder mystery genre. This one too uses the popular approach of giving the female lead protagonist a layered history and depth to her character. Will update once I finish the first season.

Some of the top series I watched in recent times were Broadchurch, Undoing, Unbelievable and Mare of Easttown. I love murder mysteries and would appreciate any recommendations around this genre.
I did finish the series recently and quite liked it. Would probably give it a 3.5/5 rating or maybe even a 4/5. The acting and the plot is really good.
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:57   #3757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I didn't know David E. Kelley was still writing! Picket Fences used to be my favourite series back in the mid/late '90s followed by The Practice, and Kelley wrote both of those. Interesting factoid: he is married to Michelle Pfeiffer!

Will watch The Undoing when I can...seems to be on Hotstar as well.
In that case you should check out Big Little Lies as well - another David E Kelley mini-series which got extended to a second season.

That, and The Undoing, both should be on HotStar in India. Here all of these are available with HBO Max.

vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:59   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Started Marcella S1 on Netflix. 2 episodes in and this one seems really interesting in the murder mystery genre.
Marcella is very good indeed. I have binge watched all three seasons & thoroughly enjoyed it. Is broadchurch still available in netflix?

Last edited by Fordlover88 : 3rd June 2021 at 12:00.
Old 3rd June 2021, 19:51   #3759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
A trivia about her is that her parents dropped her last name when she was a kid and she created the last name Kusruti (which means mischievous) in Malayalam when she had to fill out some forms in 10th grade.
Thanks for the trivia. Talking about quirky last names, I think you will enjoy reading how some Dutch people got funny last names, here and here
Old 3rd June 2021, 20:31   #3760
Team-BHP Support

Just a heads up. The Family Man season 2 is airing now on Prime Video.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 15:48   #3761
Senior - BHPian

FamilyMan2 3.5/5
I binge watched all the episodes on 3rd June (Was expecting it on 4th June). Good performances throughout, and a tight script kept me riveted. But, it lacks the wry humour which i enjoyed so much in Series 1. Stylishly shot in genuine locales, FamilyMan2 sustains the momentum till the end. The character of Raji (Samantha) holds her own against Shrikanth (Bajpai). Catch it, but without carrying high expectations generated by Season1
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:07   #3762
Team-BHP Support

Does it continue from Season 1, when the factory bomb was about to go off? Or completely different?
Old 4th June 2021, 16:11   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Does it continue from Season 1, when the factory bomb was about to go off? Or completely different?
Yes it continue's from there albeit in a different way.
Fordlover88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:59   #3764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now that the whole of Season 1 is available, would highly recommend people catch this (it's on Hotstar Premium). Kate Winslet is amazing!
+1 to that. Mare of Easttown is tightly scripted and backed with some quality acting. Definetly did not expect it to end the way it did! A must watch for anyone who likes crime dramas.

Quote:
FRIENDS Reunion anyone?
Did not have a lot of expectations from this but it was fun to reminisce. Overall, I would say its overrated and can skip if you are not a big fan.

Shetland - Wrapped up all 3 seasons and I would rate it 4/5 for the location, no nonsense acting and almost complete absense of profanity and firearms. The wide angle panoramic shots were beautiful and has made me add Shetland to my list of places that I most definetly want to visit.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 18:58   #3765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You're welcome

I didn't know David E. Kelley was still writing! Picket Fences used to be my favourite series back in the mid/late '90s .
Oh wow! Thanks for bringing back this blast from the past. I had completely forgotten about this. Will try to find somewhere I can see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just a heads up. The Family Man season 2 is airing now on Prime Video.
Have been waiting for this one for a while. So much so that I recently binge watched Season 1 again. For some reason I was expecting this to release on the weekend. Didn’t realise its already out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks