Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 20:14   #3796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Wanted- Playing on Netflix and is a wonderful watch about two women who witness a murder and get sucked into a game of wicked proportions. This Australian series of 2016, as I later found out, was also nominated for the Emmy Awards.

Ratings- 4/5 for the fast paced screenplay and progressive idea. Recommended watch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 10:48   #3797
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Watched Family Man - 2 and felt was a let down compared to season 1. Would rate 3/5.
Sad, man. Didn't like Family Man 2 at all. We forced ourselves to watch the initial 2 episodes, but lost interest thereafter and are moving on to something else.
Old 20th June 2021, 11:02   #3798
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for FM3 next. (North East?)

Hopefully, that should be a better one.
Old 20th June 2021, 12:26   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sad, man. Didn't like Family Man 2 at all. We forced ourselves to watch the initial 2 episodes, but lost interest thereafter and are moving on to something else.
The story picks up from episode 4th onwards. Most of us had the same feeling. Try to get back to it and see if you are able to go beyond 5. It's definitely not as good as the first season however it isn't bad enough to give it a miss.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 14:33   #3800
BHPian

Emily in Paris - Netflix

If you have loved Lilyhammer, then this might be a good watch. An american moving to France and the culture clashes leading to funny and awkward encounters make it a relaxed watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Wanted- Playing on Netflix and is a wonderful watch about two women who witness a murder and get sucked into a game of wicked proportions. This Australian series of 2016, as I later found out, was also nominated for the Emmy.
Thanks for this suggestion. Quite an interesting plot and the opposite nature of characters well add to the drama. Also the Australian outback landscape, the choice of background soundtracks add to the watching experience. Never watched a full series set in Australia. So I liked it very much.
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 15:30   #3801
Distinguished - BHPian

Nobody's watching Sweet tooth on Netflix?
It's pretty engaging, I didn't expect it to be.
Imagine if Covid became a way of life, and humans died by a much higher percentage. Simultaneously, all children being born are hybrids, with animal characteristics like pigs noses,antlers, tails etc. Also, the humans, while dying from Covid, are also intent on destroying the hybrids.
That's what it is. And it's a quite elaborate production too.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 21:16   #3802
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on Grahan currently playing in hotstar? Looks like a new series based on 1984 riots in bokaro. Imdb rating shows 9/10 but its based on a small base of 360 inputs I guess.
Old 25th June 2021, 23:19   #3803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any reviews on Grahan currently playing in hotstar? Looks like a new series based on 1984 riots in bokaro. Imdb rating shows 9/10 but its based on a small base of 360 inputs I guess.
I was looking forward to GRAHAN and it has not disappointed one bit. The series stars one of my favourite actor Pawan Malhotra and I seldom miss anything starring him. He is again outstanding along with Zoya in the series. Too many sub plots here and there but the series is very well made.

Recommended watch, rating 4/5 simply because of the intertwining of a real life incident with fiction and some superlative performances.

Hooked onto Designated Survivor right now, Kiefer Sutherland is believable in the series and the nature of storyline is one which is keeping things interesting. Playing on Netflix and can be enjoyed with popcorn too if one wishes to !!

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 25th June 2021 at 23:23.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 23:42   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Must watch. Storlyline, acting, direction...all great. Keeps you hooked.
KD007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 00:00   #3805
BHPian

Netflix : SHADOW AND BONE
IMDb Rating: 7.8/10 , Rotten Tomatoes : 87%
Worth Watching.
Old 26th June 2021, 08:52   #3806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Nobody's watching Sweet tooth on Netflix?
Thanks for this recommendation. Was a wonderful watch. After watching 4 episodes, I introduced my 9 year old son to it and he's loving it. Kids will obviously love something that has kids starring in it.

But I was surprised when he asked me to skip some parts because he said it was scary (scenes where Gus is in potential danger). Not that I did it.

Really surprising because he has no problems watching horror movies - just last week he was watching Thir13en Ghosts all by himself on TV.
Old 28th June 2021, 18:53   #3807
BHPian

The Code and Secret City, two excellent series that we ended up watching one after the other. Consisting two seasons of six episodes each, the narrative is taut and the performances genuine. Both Australian productions offering a break from the regular over the top stuff American shows.

Available on Netflix
hothatchaway is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 10:21   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
Started Watching Grahan couple of days back and I was spellbound with the way entire series progressed.

Inspired by Satya Vyas' novel "Chaurasi", based on a sensitive subject of Anti Sikh riots, and the flow of emotions overwhelmed me. I dont remember when was the last time I felt so emotional after watching a Film or a series.

Pawan Malhotra is an outstanding actor (very underrated I must say). I have been watching him since his early days from 'Nukkad' and 'Salim Langde pe mat ro'. Zoya Hussain does well in the role of investigating officer. Anshuman Pushkar who is relatively new in the industry does a very good job.

The story takes you back and forth (80s to present) and apart from a few glitches in terms of logic it keeps you hooked.

I would rate it 4/5 and its a good one time watch.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 12:38   #3809

Watched this riveting crime drama (Mare of Easttown) on Hotstar. Kate plays a detective in this murder mystery, who has a lot of personal issues going in. A riveting watch, with twists and turns which will keep you guessing till the end. And such a joy to watch Guy Pearce after so long, dude still looks smashing

An amazing who dunnit, which will keep you guessing till the end. Kate plays a detective with a host of personal issues. The acting is good and Guy Pearce looks smashing even at this age.

Easily 9/10 for me

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10155688/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Last edited by navin : 29th June 2021 at 15:06.
Bulls14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 13:15   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Thanks for this suggestion. Quite an interesting plot and the opposite nature of characters well add to the drama. Also the Australian outback landscape, the choice of background soundtracks add to the watching experience. Never watched a full series set in Australia. So I liked it very much.
I really enjoyed Wanted as well. Had been on my watch list for a long time and I finally got the time to finish it recently.

Secret City is another Aussie series that is really good. It is just 2 seasons long, so it is a quick watch as well. It starrs Ana Torv of Fringe, in the lead role.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks