Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 20:43   #3826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
I am finishing up with CSI - Las Vegas season 13. This started off as a bit of a slow burn, but if you like procedural shows, then this one is good. As the seasons progress, the show begins to exhibit a bit of humor in it

ted
If you can find Miami somewhere, that is in a different league altogether. Caruso asked caine is absolutely legendary. And the colors, so vivid!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 18:45   #3827
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks a ton for the recommendations! No outings right now, so was looking for a good show for the post-dinner times. Loved it! I'm generally a big fan of dramas, especially business, legal & crime ones. This one is A+. The lead character really knows how to act. I also like how every episode has a new legal case (similar to Suits & How to get away with murder). If you haven't already, do watch "How to get away with murder". The initial lot of seasons are damn good. The later ones are avoidable.
Must say, 'The Good Wife' upholds its quality well into Season 4 as well. With very few exceptions, I have seen most shows drop in quality and get watered down as more seasons are added on. Either the story line suffers, or the actors lose their "magic touch". But everyone in The Good Wife maintains the momentum!

Great dialogues, extremely intelligent, top quality casting. Will rate it a 5 / 5 and recommend to anyone who enjoys drama.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 20:35   #3828
Distinguished - BHPian

OUR PLANET- Streaming on Netflix is just stupendous. I don’t know if it has been discussed here before or not but this series is an eye opener to a whole new world. The effort to create the series is exemplary and the dedication by the crew is an example in itself. Attaching the trailer here, it’s a must watch.

Rating- Beyond any ratings !!

ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 07:24   #3829
BHPian

Quote:
Must say, 'The Good Wife' upholds.. .
The Good Fight should be your next stop then. Equally good, except for the last season.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20210708072325_firefox-lite.png  

mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 09:14   #3830
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Must say, 'The Good Wife' upholds its quality well into Season 4 as well. With very few exceptions, I have seen most shows drop in quality and get watered down as more seasons are added on. Either the story line suffers, or the actors lose their "magic touch". But everyone in The Good Wife maintains the momentum!

Great dialogues, extremely intelligent, top quality casting. Will rate it a 5 / 5 and recommend to anyone who enjoys drama.
Agreed. The Good wife quality is good and holds the same energy in most episodes. If I need to nit pick, it would be the repeat of some storylines for a few episodes.
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 16:28   #3831
BHPian

Katla - 4/5

The first Icelandic series on Netflix, came as a recommendation to me from the streamer. The plot revolves around lives of the few residents left in the small town of Vik which is locate near the subglacial volcano Katla which had been spewing ash continuously for past one year. Suddenly mysterious people start emerging from the glacier near the volcano and their effects on the lives of the people in the town forms the crux of the plot.
The cinematography is spectacular, lingering and bleak and the pace of the show is slow, suspenseful, almost meditative. So if you are looking for quick thrills and lots of action, be warned, this is definitely not the show for you. I surely enjoyed the slow pace of the show but would assume this will not be to the liking of everyone.

On a general note, Netflix has surely globalized the TV viewing experience for many of us. Apart from the usual American and British shows, in the last year I have watched French (French, Belgian), Spanish (Spanish, Mexican), German, Flemish, Norwegian, Hebrew, Turkish series on the streamer. That is something I could not have imagined a few years back.
yosbert is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 18:05   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Katla - 4/5

The first Icelandic series on Netflix, came as a recommendation to me from the streamer. .
Actually no, Trapped season 1 and 2, were also Icelandic, the cast includes Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson who also plays Thor in Katla. Trapped is very very well made, brilliant story, acting and direction, Katla for me was a let down in terms of performances and plot.
I am hoping for a season 3 of Trapped, Now have started watching the Season 2 of The Mire a Polish series, nothing to write home about.
Old 10th July 2021, 10:31   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Agreed. The Good wife quality is good and holds the same energy in most episodes. If I need to nit-pick, it would be the repeat of some storylines for a few episodes.
I somehow felt that it started going down after Season 5. Of the courtroom legal dramas, I would hold LA Law and Practice at the top followed by Boston Legal. While the first 2 are serious, the third one has real funny undertones. William Shatner in a different role as a man who carves his own path, a true red-blooded American who cares two hoots about what the world thinks and James Spader with his long winding closing arguments are brilliant.

And all because I am a person who loves word play !!!
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 15:29   #3834
BHPian

Bosch Season 7 is out a few days ago on prime.

Me and my wife have been following this series for few years now. A police procedural / crime drama with a strong cast makes it a nice watch. Also the city of L.A. itself is a major character in the series. This is one of those series where you get a good dose of LA vibe, police work and the politics surrounding it.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 10th July 2021 at 15:32.
carthick1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 16:15   #3835
BHPian

Don't know if this one belongs here, but...
After Ozark, this was really good:
Ari Eldjárn - Pardon my Icelandic 5/5 - got a glimpse of what it feels like to be an underpopulated country.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20210710160732.png  

mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 20:51   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Actually no, Trapped season 1 and 2, were also Icelandic, the cast includes Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson who also plays Thor in Katla. Trapped is very very well made, brilliant story, acting and direction, Katla for me was a let down in terms of performances and plot.
Sorry, my bad. Missed a crucial word in the description - First Icelandic Netflix original series. Of course there are other Icelandic series on Netflix, Trapped and Valhalla Murders being two of them. Incidentally Trapped and Katla also share the director between them.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 22:14   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Bosch Season 7 is out a few days ago on prime.
I was waiting for Bosch season 7, but not out in India as yet. Prime says "not available in your location". Hopefully, comes soon.

"The Knick" on Disney Hotstar is a good medical drama set in early 20th century. Interesting to see surgical practice in those times.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 10th July 2021 at 22:18.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 08:36   #3838
BHPian

I started The Good Doctor and loving it. Freddie Highmore is brilliant it it. Into Season-2 now.
casnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 13:14   #3839
Senior - BHPian

Binge watched Mare of Easttown season 1. Nice crime drama series with an excellent cast, Kate Winslet being the lead. Loved it and hope there is a next season.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 11th July 2021 at 13:15.
Old 11th July 2021, 18:08   #3840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post

On a general note, Netflix has surely globalized the TV viewing experience for many of us. Apart from the usual American and British shows, in the last year I have watched French (French, Belgian), Spanish (Spanish, Mexican), German, Flemish, Norwegian, Hebrew, Turkish series on the streamer. That is something I could not have imagined a few years back.
+1 to this. Watched this, Thor and few German series, which I would not have if not for Netflix.

The amount of Korean drama, and movies, the rest of the family watches is now much more than any of the Indian media watched. If not for the news, and few Prime movies, it would have been almost nil!
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks