Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2021, 19:31   #3916
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Marvel's Animated series 'What if?' is an absolute riot. Marvel has completely invested into Multiverse. Going by this, I expect 'Doctor strange- Multiverse of Madness' to absolutely rock it.

Done with two episides that have relesed on Disney plus and I am absolutely digging the various alternate realities.
Old 20th August 2021, 11:56   #3917
BHPian

The Valhalla Murders - 9/10

Loved this mini series of 8 episodes! Kept me glued throughout. Story is gripping, great acting and the occasional stunning Iceland scenery is icing on the cake.

I saw it in default Icelandic language with English subtitles.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 20th August 2021 at 11:57.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 18:46   #3918
BHPian

1983 - Polish series with English dub audio on Netflix.

Mysterious storyline, grandeur visuals and you would appreciate the efforts put in to craft something like this.

Highly recommended.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:56   #3919
Senior - BHPian

Binged Ted Lasso season 2 first 5 episodes. Solid and entertaining as usual. The Christmas episode had so many lovely touches but the best episode of season so far is the 5th one. Roy is easily the best character of the show and probably the best on TV right now. This series is such a gem.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 17:11   #3920
Distinguished - BHPian

The defeated, on Netflix.
No-one caught on to this yet?
It's set in the American quarter right at the end of ww2, with an American cop sent in to help with the police system. While he's searching for his older brother. It's very well presented, especially for ww2 buffs.
Is bingeworthy, I began in the morning and am onto the third or fourth episode already.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 21:21   #3921
BHPian

Those of you who have watched Homeland would have noticed an uncanny similarity with the current situation in Afghanistan. There was a terrorist named Haqqani in Homeland and there is a terrorist named Haqqani in Af now. Did the serial portend the future, I wonder?

Off topic, my posts seem to be stuck at 200 for the past many months. Can someone please look into this? Thanks.

Last edited by FarPatel : 21st August 2021 at 21:23.
Old 21st August 2021, 21:28   #3922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Those of you who have watched Homeland would have noticed an uncanny similarity with the current situation in Afghanistan. There was a terrorist named Haqqani in Homeland and there is a terrorist named Haqqani in Af now. Did the serial portend the future, I wonder?

Off topic, my posts seem to be stuck at 200 for the past many months. Can someone please look into this? Thanks.
Well, there was a parallel to be drawn when Damien Lewis was asked to sit with president because Obama was a huge fan. What if homeland the series was all a ruse, Eh?

Your post counts may not be going up because you might not be posting on the auto threads, I suppose.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:12   #3923
BHPian

Stumbled upon the show Riviera starring Julia Stiles. Its available in Sony OTT thru subscription.

Its not a particularly interesting or innovative show but its lackings are well masked by the stunning visuals, like reaallly stunning shots of the French Riviera, which I believe includes Monaco, Nice and parts of Italy.

Amazing French villas, amazing apartments overlooking the Mediterranean and pretty much everyone drives a supercar. I'm thru 5 episodes of season 1 and have seen just Ferraris, Lambos and RRs.

The thing that caught me by surprise wasn't the cars or locales, but the women's dresses as in the French sense of fashion. I mean as an XYer I never paid "attention" to dresses but I mean wow. You gotta see it to believe it.

barefeetdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 17:20   #3924
BHPian

Fargo S1 and S2 [Amazon Prime && Netflix]

I had heard about Fargo a lot when it got released in 2015. And it does live up to its reputation.

Solid acting, highly engaging characterizations, bleak and lonely US mid-west landscapes, suspenseful BGM, gore, viciousness, and outright cruelty makes the series one of the best crime series of all time. There is hardly any light respite, so be prepared.

Both the seasons have similar stories - A small town in Minnesota, its ordinary folks and its small time police forces get accidentally involved in organized crime and gangs, and true mayhem ensures.

You may probably want to give a gap after watching one season; Or it might just become too much gore.

4.5/5
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 11:11   #3925

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Fargo S1 and S2 [Amazon Prime && Netflix]

I had heard about Fargo a lot when it got released in 2015. And it does live up to its reputation.
4.5/5
Season 1 has the same story as the amazing 1996 film "Fargo" (which is a must-watch!). S2 was good too. I however abandoned the series in the first episode of season 3 itself. Quite a let down.
udaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:05   #3926
AZT
BHPian

Finished Loki yesterday on Hotstar. Short season with 6 episodes and if you're a fan of Marvel super hero movies, definitely worth a watch. Also worth noting that Marvel movies will also feed off the shows now so this story definitely feeds into the upcoming Dr. Strange and Spiderman movies.

WandaVision is next on my list which for some reason I've been putting off.
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:42   #3927
BHPian

How is THE EMPIRE on Hotstar? Any reviews?
Old 5th September 2021, 02:12   #3928
Senior - BHPian

Just finished Money heist Part 5 Vol-1.
I have some mixed feelings about this new release. There is a certain disconnect in the storyflow what with multiple unnecessary flashback's. each of the 5 episodes feel very stretched. in fact I had to forward many bits to get to the main story.
All in all -> mixed feelings. Will wait for Vol 2 which is expected in Dec.
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 02:51   #3929
Senior - BHPian

Just wrapping up The White Lotus on Hotstar. Undoubtedly one of the shows of the year - I thought so and the reviews seem to confirm it. Brilliant mix of comedy, satire, and undercurrents of social commentary.
v1p3r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 03:05   #3930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
How is THE EMPIRE on Hotstar? Any reviews?
Watch it if you have nothing else to do. Kunal kapoor doesn’t really seem convincing. The sets were pretty grand though

I would rate it 2/5 at best for the sets.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed