Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:42   #4006
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Highly recommend Tabbar on Sony Liv. Amazing actors, amazing performance and keeps you on the edge. Me, my wife and MIL loved it though it had some Hindi cuss words. Pawan Malhotra is as amazing he was in Grahan, along with Supriya Pathak.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 22:09   #4007
Senior - BHPian

Tabbar (Means Family). 4.5/5
Yes, I recommend it too. I'm currently on episode 5. There is the excitement of a minor committing a major crime, and the resultant consequences. Ranvir Sheorey is chilling as the villian, and Pawan Malhotra has put his best foot forward. Good watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Highly recommend Tabbar on Sony Liv. Amazing actors, amazing performance and keeps you on the edge. Me, my wife and MIL loved it though it had some Hindi cuss words. Pawan Malhotra is as amazing he was in Grahan, along with Supriya Pathak.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 22nd October 2021 at 22:10.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 22:41   #4008
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Tabbar is indeed a great watch, just like a Pawan Malhotra starrer should be. Superb performances by everyone and is a recommended watch.

Bad Sport playing on Netflix is another wonderful series. The series explores and tells the stories, some of which many of us already know about corruption in sport. This series delves a little deeper and is an interesting watch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 08:56   #4009
Team-BHP Support

Succession: Hotstar
8/10

Currently watching it and have reached well into the late parts of season 2. Truly binge watch material. The cast is solid and its got a racy pace to it. Sure the premise is of course a bit exaggerated like any typical TV drama but it’s fairly grippy from the word go, with lots of emphasis on the profile and development of a range of characters.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:45   #4010
Senior - BHPian

About time, because Season 3 is round the corner. Expect it in Nov. This series is more than obscene insults and back-stabbing, with immaculate character portraits packing a punch. Logan Roy really looks the part, enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Succession: Currently watching it and have reached well into the late parts of season 2. Truly binge watch material. The cast is solid and its got a racy pace to it. Sure the premise is of course a bit exaggerated like any typical TV drama but it’s fairly grippy from the word go, with lots of emphasis on the profile and development of a range of characters.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:58   #4011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
About time, because Season 3 is round the corner. Expect it in Nov. This series is more than obscene insults and back-stabbing, with immaculate character portraits packing a punch. Logan Roy really looks the part, enjoy
Season 3 is already airing on Hotstar. Episode 2 was up today. As usual both episodes were great.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 23:57   #4012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Season 3 is already airing on Hotstar. Episode 2 was up today. As usual both episodes were great.
What a smashing end to Season 2. Would you know with what frequency S3 episodes are dropping on Hotstar? I’ve binge watched Seasons 1 and 2 but will have to de facto pace myself on Season 3 since its coming through periodically now.
Old 26th October 2021, 00:03   #4013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a smashing end to Season 2. Would you know with what frequency S3 episodes are dropping on Hotstar? I’ve binge watched Seasons 1 and 2 but will have to de facto pace myself on Season 3 since its coming through periodically now.
They will be weekly. Every Monday morning at 7.30am. Such great shows demand a binge but I am too impatient to wait till all episodes are aired. Plus I have to discuss every episode on Reditt too.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 11:09   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Highly recommend Tabbar on Sony Liv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Tabbar (Means Family). 4.5/5
Yes, I recommend it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
^^ Tabbar is indeed a great watch, just like a Pawan Malhotra starrer should be. .
Watched Tabbar over the weekend, gem of a series, All the actors were top class, Supriya pathak did superbly well towards the end, had it not been for Team bhp I may have never known about this.
aspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 14:39   #4015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8/10

Currently watching it and have reached well into the late parts of season 2. Truly binge watch material. The cast is solid and its got a racy pace to it. Sure the premise is of course a bit exaggerated like any typical TV drama but it’s fairly grippy from the word go, with lots of emphasis on the profile and development of a range of characters.
I came here to see if there were any reviews on this series and there it is which sums up the series quite aptly.

I started Wednesday late night and in 1 day binge watched the entire Season 1. Quite gripping I must say.

Also I must say, some of the things wrt to owner and his family's behaviour, that may seem far fetched are actually quite to the point and real. Been there, seen it all!

The other thing from this teleseries are some of the quotes / one liners. Delivered by Logan Roy or Roman Roy.

Verdict - Succession - 8/10
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 02:46   #4016
BHPian

I recently started watching Barry on Hotstar. I am totally hooked to this show and would rate it a high 4.5/5. It’s a nice easy watch with genre of Crime and Comedy (I totally love this combination). It released in 2018 and has two seasons, 18 episodes in total, with every episode 30 minutes each.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-d7dfcd28f5f3459ebcb9717e3deb03fd.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 08:40   #4017
Senior - BHPian

Continuing on Succession, is it just me or aren't there too many Indian references. Case in point being:
Season 1
  1. Shiv
  2. Asha
  3. Sarita
  4. Shenoy
Season 2, Ep 2 Ending - The guy at the convenience is watching cricket on his TV.

I find so much of this linkage to India, a little eerie!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 19:18   #4018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Call my agent:4/5
It's a French series on Netflix, so have to watch with subtitles.

Call my Agent - Bollywood: On Netflix
Rating: 0/5

A Bollywood version of this is now out. And it is downright AWFUL. I saw one episode somehow and have seen smatterings of a few more which (I don’t know how) my wife is pushing through.

I cant imagine the levels at which this is unwatchable. Awful script, crass humour, terribly over the top acting, really poor character profiles. Even otherwise decent actors are unable to deliver a half tolerable performance. I feel bad for Rajat Kapoor for being part of this.

PLEASE AVOID: Issued in Public interest
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:27   #4019
BHPian

Quote:

PLEASE AVOID: Issued in Public interest
Whole heartedly second your views. I couldn’t get past the first 10 minutes of the show. Sad to see actors like Rajat Kapoor making such poor choices. Wonder how it went past Netflix team as well.

I would give it a negative rating.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 09:59   #4020
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
8/10
Thanks for the recommendation! Started this week & loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Watched Tabbar over the weekend, gem of a series
Really enjoyed, until the final episodes where I felt things were being dragged a bit too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Continuing on Succession, is it just me or aren't there too many Indian references.

I find so much of this linkage to India, a little eerie!
Director is a Parekh .

Quote:
Yuck show! Saw for 30 minutes and knew it's junk.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks