Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2021, 12:24   #4051
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It was the same for me! I watched it last year or something, then stopped after the initial episodes. Started again this year because of the recommendations on this thread + the fact that I was looking for business shows. Trust me, you'll be hooked after some more episodes. It's the only thing I'm watching at the gym / in my free time now. As much as I loved "The Good Wife", I put that on hold for Succession.

The story, dialogues & characters (especially the characters) are too good.
Yeah 6th episode onwards I got hooked. 1st season completed, on S2E2 now. Watching 1 episode a day. All characters have performed great. Just that there’s insane amount of cuss words due to which for watching on TV I have to wait till everyone goes to bed. I don’t enjoy watching such shows or anything as such other than YT videos on phone.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 17:17   #4052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
What a fantastic premiere of Dexter- New blood.
Loved the snowy small town setting more than I thought I will.
Was apprehensive due to that disaster 8th season ending and many critics blasting this new season. But, I liked it a lot.
Where did you get to watch it? Doesn't seem to be on Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar or Disney :(
Old 17th November 2021, 17:21   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Where did you get to watch it? Doesn't seem to be on Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar or Disney :(
It is available on Voot. Infact there are many shows available in the voot app. I use it shared with 3 more people and I bought it with discount and we each contribute ~Rs. 52 for entire year. I bought for some different shows but at that price, it was no brainer.
raksrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 19:22   #4054
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am hooked to a bunch of series these days and to entertain myself I keep switching between them

1. Chicago fire - Netflix. Well taken Firehouse series. While there are some repeats on storyline, it is pretty gripping.
2. Chicago med - Prime. A parallel line to Chicago fire, you have overlap of characters with Chicago fire. Again very well taken and intense episodes.
3. Bluebloods - Prime. Police series from the past and continuing into multiple seasons. Some episodes are very good but some you get bored.
4. Good wife - Prime Already many have spoken about it. You should watch the spin-off as well mentioned below
5. Good fight - Prime Spin off from Good wife. Equally good
6. Good doctor - Prime/Netflix/Sony liv Hospital series. Well taken. 4 seasons on Prime and Netflix but 5th season on Sony liv
Old 18th November 2021, 02:06   #4055
Distinguished - BHPian

Your Honor- Showtime (Starring Breaking Bad star-Bryan Cranston)

Story is about Bryan's (A judge) son getting into a hit and run and person who expires is son of a mafia boss. Bryan goes to unimaginable levels to save his son forms crux of the story.

Backdrop of the unique New Orleans city is pretty cool as well.

A wonderful and gripping story.

4/5
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 13:01   #4056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

A wonderful and gripping story.

4/5
Really? I hated it. Started with high expectations since I am a big Breaking Bad fan but the premise is weak and stretched beyond credibility. Also Cranston seems to be stuck in Walter White mode now, which is unfortunate since he is such a talented actor.

IMDB rating for the show is 7.6/10 which isn't bad, so maybe based on your recco, I will give it a rewatch
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 02:02   #4057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Really? I hated it. Started with high expectations since I am a big Breaking Bad fan but the premise is weak and stretched beyond credibility. Also Cranston seems to be stuck in Walter White mode now, which is unfortunate since he is such a talented actor.

IMDB rating for the show is 7.6/10 which isn't bad, so maybe based on your recco, I will give it a rewatch
Well, I rate Breaking Bad as one of the greatest show ever made for television and have already seen it thrice. And, like you I too had great expectation with Crankston on this one

Watch this without the BB baggage as its definetly not in that league but, situations are similar (almost getting caught and then you wriggle out of it as in BB) where Crankston has mastered the art.

Bit of a slow burner but, it's pretty nice watch compared to tonnes of average content on OTT's
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 20:25   #4058

The Inventor (documentary) on Hotstar

Tells the behind the scenes story of one of the biggest scams pulled by a 19 year old so called wizard. Duped not only the biggest venture capitalists, former secretaries of state big shot lawyers etc with a junk product, which she convinced will be the next apple in healthcare. Went from $9 billion valuation company to 0 in a year.

A classic example of fake it till make it, must watch..
Bulls14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 23:55   #4059

The Sex Lives of College Girls by Mindy Kailing.
3.5/5
Old 20th November 2021, 22:42   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls14 View Post

Tells the behind the scenes story of one of the biggest scams pulled by a 19 year old so called wizard. Duped not only the biggest venture capitalists, former secretaries of state big shot lawyers etc with a junk product, which she convinced will be the next apple in healthcare. Went from $9 billion valuation company to 0 in a year.

Saw it and liked it. Also checkout the podcast "The Dropout" on your podcast app. It is right now covering the ongoing trial of Elizabeth Holmes with a new episode getting dropped every Tuesday.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 12:54   #4061
Senior - BHPian

The Wheel of time
First 3 episodes are available on Prime. Cinematography is beautiful and story is a little slow pace so far but setting up quite nicely.

Special Ops 1.5
I am a big admirer of Neeraj pandey as director. Only 4 episodes but what a treat. KK Menon is right there in the league of Manoj Bajpayee. I would love to see them working together sometime.
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 18:56   #4062
Senior - BHPian

Finished The Morning Show season 2.
Their is a definite dip in quality from season 1. Some episodes were a snoozefest. They incorporated the Covid into storyline but went too deep into it for my taste. I hope season 3 is a better one as this ended abruptly with no tie ups to several threads going on. Such a stellar cast but script isn't doing a great service to their talent.
Old 25th November 2021, 11:39   #4063
Senior - BHPian

The Lore on Amazon Prime:

Watched two episodes and gave it up.

2/5
Old 26th November 2021, 09:50   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls14 View Post
There is a fantastic investigative journalism book by John Carreyrou covering this case. Really pacy and comprehensive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is consultant on the show.
Old 26th November 2021, 10:07   #4065
Team-BHP Support

About half way through Tabbar on SonyLiv.

Quite a gripping storyline, with terrific acting from almost every actor. Standout being Pawan Malhotra.

5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Finished The Morning Show season 2.
Their is a definite dip in quality from season 1.
Agree; I had to really put in an effort into completing it. Also, Jennifer Anniston is downright irritating in this season. I read that they filmed half of the season and then completely re-wrote it as Covid struck.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks