Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 11:35   #4126
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

The Wheel of Time (4/5): Good watch. Well set for few more seasons. Had LOTR vibes.

Hawkeye (3/5): Being an ardent Marvel follower had to watch this. First few episodes looked a little rushed, last two were nice. Good marvel level action. Some connection to Black Widow as well.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 12:31   #4127
Team-BHP Support

Watched Decoupled on Netflix over the past week.

A quirky show that will keep you entertained - courtesy plenty 21st century-offensive cliches and situations.

4/5
Old 27th December 2021, 12:31   #4128
Senior - BHPian

The Witcher S2:

I have neither read the books nor played the games but liked Witcher S1 for what it was.

Witcher 2 was a bit worse compared to S1 but I nonetheless found it entertaining enough. Needed more swordplay and less political maneuvering.
Old 27th December 2021, 16:22   #4129
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Season 4 of Goliath on Amazon Prime. It has a few weird stuff from the previous season, but its watchable & definitely better than Season 3. Still feel Season 1 & 2 were the best among the lot.

Also watched Aarya on Hotstar. A family crime drama, this is strictly an ok watch. After having watched Season 2 recently, it would make you think Season 1 was better. With the way it ended, Season 3 also seems to be on the cards.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2021 at 17:26. Reason: Typo
Old 30th December 2021, 09:53   #4130
BHPian

The Book of Bobba Fett has landed on Hot star and the first episode is classic.
roamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 14:51   #4131
BHPian

The Mandalorian <on Hotstar> - 4/5

This is a treat for Star Wars lovers. The storyline is basically about how a Mandalorian warrior gets hold of a Jedi kid, protects him though multiple adventures and returns him to his clan. It spans across 2 seasons, each 8 episodes long.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 15:39   #4132
BHPian

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol (Voot)

Based on Dan Brown's novel with the same name.
I loved each and every novel based on Robert Langdon's character, but i just cant tolerate anyone else other than Tom Hanks to play professor Langdon

Watched 3 episodes so far and its decent, would rate 7/10.

P.S
Professor Robert Langdon's ride is a Hyundai Venue in this show
Sorry for the picture quality, couldn't take screenshots in app.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-68a901b8f14b45e28d7a01b669a903be.jpeg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-fcc0140cb10d4ad5bc58589309e78529.jpeg
AjinkyaP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 13:31   #4133
BHPian

Watching "Decoupled" on Netflix right now. It is definitely enjoyable show. Btw, the director of the show (Hardik Mehta) has done a cameo in the third episode of the show, the guy wearing headphones on the plane and asking R Madhavan about business / economy class.
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:35   #4134
Senior - BHPian

Peaky Blinders are back, One last deal to be done.

Final Season 6 trailer

Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:41   #4135

Watching Dexter: New Blood on Voot. I am a Dexter fan for amazing the early seasons were and not this one has begun well although still not on the same level as the original one but I will keep my final judgement till I see the last episode of it.
Old 2nd January 2022, 23:00   #4136
BHPian

ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime Video.

Awesome show !

Brilliant actors, griping storyline, fantastic editing.

Plot : an international travel of a huge cocaine shipment involving notorious drug cartel rivalry and a struggling broker family responsible for delivery of the shipment.

8/10
AjinkyaP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 23:58   #4137
BHPian

I was on leave last week of December. Spent my time trying to get monies worth on things I pay but don’t use (read: OTT subscriptions). Binge watched quiet a few Hindi tv series.
Don’t know why but a common trend across Hindi content is the flatness of the last few episodes in every season. Most of the seasons end two or three episodes too late and you are left with a feeling of holding a drink that has lost it’s fizz.

Reviews of the shows I watched (None of these are family friendly):

Akkad Bakkad Rafu Chakkar (PrimeVideo)
Average watch. Consider this as third copy of Money Heist. The story starts on an interesting note but soon loses it way due to a lot of loop holes and ove the top acting. Avoid. Unfortunately season 1 ended at a point which indicates they might come up with season 2.

Undekhi (Sonyliv)
Grippy tale of a destination wedding gone wrong. The last couple of episodes are a drab. Watch this for Harsh Chhaya’s acting. One of the best acting performances across Hindi OTT format I have come across. His character sticks. Season 2 is expected soon.

Asur (Voot)
It’s a dark thriller bread jammed with philosophical references and thoughts across all episodes. Certainly worth a watch. Initial few episodes reminded of the English show ‘Mentalist’. I like Arshad Warsi in general and he does not disappoint here as well. The story does tend to get unrealistic and un-entertaining in few places. Still one of the highest rated tv series on Voot. Season 2 surely coming considering the way season 1 ended.

Tabbar (Sony Live)
Travails of a man who wants to protect his family at all costs. Initial four to five episodes are just fantastic. Last two episodes are too dramatic and filmy. This one is almost family friendly, has drugs related references and profanities but nothing exaggerated. Not expecting season 2.

Illegal - Season 1 and 2 (Voot)
Good story spoilt by bad acting. Piyush Mishra like always is stellar. Everyone else is just so-so. The series has enough hooks to keep you engaged but not enough to make you fall in love with any character. This is a legal thriller and has a few court room drama scenes. Frankly those are the most enjoyable bits. Definitely they will come up with season 3.

Last edited by warrioraks : 5th January 2022 at 00:05.
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 05:51   #4138
Distinguished - BHPian

Whistleblower Sony Liv

A gripping story loosely based on the infamous Vyapam Scam from Madhya Pradesh. The characters are relatable and all the actors have performed admirably specially Sachin Khedekar. Looking forward to the second season.

Rating: 3.5/5
Old 5th January 2022, 13:56   #4139
Senior - BHPian

Such a compelling little mini series.
Martin freeman again plays a very understated role without any over the top outbursts. I like the fact they focused mostly on the facts as this is based on a true story and at the end of final episode we get to see the real characters involved. Also shows how no justice system is fully correct in its procedures.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220105135246_imdb.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 07:35   #4140
Distinguished - BHPian

Just subscribed to HULU. Disney + and Hotter is part of the package.

Any top rated shows not to be missed that is streamed only on HULU and nowhere else?

Most Viewed