Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2022, 22:19   #4246
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Do you guys mean this show: "All of us are dead"…?

https://www.netflix.com/in/title/812...entIntent=true
Sorry for the Typo.
Yes this is the one.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 01:53   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Over the years I have learned a simple thing. If some series is highly recommended it usually deserves the praise. However, first season mostly is slow paced as they take time in world building and character building. So, always go till second season as things vastly improve second season onwards.
I often suffer from this problem, more accurately I don't watch most of the stuff for acting but rather the story.
There is a YouTube channel called Man Of Recap, and he has done a wonderful recap of Ozark, so you can give it a shot.
lancia_fanboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 12:33   #4248
BHPian

If you are a fan of slow-burn, investigation type series, try Bordertown on Netflix. Its a Finnish series based in a small town with proximity to St.Petersburg, and the protagonist is a autistic police investigator, with a photographic memory and a borderline savant.
amavin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 23:24   #4249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That's the 1st one.
Second one is good as well but not on the level of first one. Still a good watch.

Ozark is top class. I believe Julie Garner even won an Emmy twice for her role.
I know a few people who gave it up cos initial episodes are a bit slow but then it moves on at a good pace. Highly recommended for crime fans.
Thanks. Will check out the other Jack Reacher movie starring Tom Cruise.

I probably missed it as first one did not impress me as much. Like I mentioned before, TC just didn't fit the bill of Jack Reacher.

Ozark is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Damn!! You are 100% right. After reading about Ozark on TBHP and recommendations from my friends, I started watching it; however, the pace is too damn slow. I reached the S1 E5 and have kinda lost the interest in this series. But every time I read about Ozark on TBHP, it pushes me to resume the series. LOL. Maybe I will do that today.
I was in this boat. I watched Ozark more than a year ago. Then stopped after watching it for 1-2 episodes and kept reading everywhere how awesome it is and resumed a few months ago and stuck to it.

Man, was I blown. I would add this series to a very small category of my collectables or re-watchables series like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Bosch, Better Call Saul, Narcos, Zindagi Hai Gulzar etc.

Ozark is dark, gritty and fabulous. The lead characters are perennially in trouble and if it was me, I would have crumbled under that immense pressure.

But, how they remained calm, composed and even ruthless shows their true character.

I would rate it 5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Do you guys mean this show: "All of us are dead"…?

https://www.netflix.com/in/title/812...entIntent=true
My bad. I am poor in remembering titles or names. I have a good memory for faces. Yup, it's the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amavin View Post
If you are a fan of slow-burn, investigation type series, try Bordertown on Netflix. Its a Finnish series based in a small town with proximity to St.Petersburg, and the protagonist is a autistic police investigator, with a photographic memory and a borderline savant.
Thanks for this one. I watched maybe few minutes long back and shelved it. I think based on your feedback will resume it and see where it goes.

Happened to watch this yesterday.

"Restless" French movie on Netflix

Story is about a corrupt cop who accidentally hits a man and covers up his crime. And, all trouble starts when a mysterious witness starts calling and blackmailing him.

Pretty gritty and tense for most part of the movie despite some unknown actors and low budget movie.

Worth a watch !

3.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th February 2022 at 23:53.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 23:47   #4250
Team-BHP Support

Has Ozark come to an end? Or are there more seasons to come?
Old 27th February 2022, 23:51   #4251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Has Ozark come to an end? Or are there more seasons to come?
One more coming up on April 29th which is Part 2 of the last season.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 23:52   #4252
Team-BHP Support

So it'll all be done and dusted in April, right? No more seasons?

I'll binge it then. I don't like waiting for seasons.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 10:59   #4253
Distinguished - BHPian

"Inventing Anna" on Netflix, based on a true story, is quite an interesting watch. Binged on it through the weekend (it's just 1 season with 9 approximately-hour-long episodes).

I'd rate is 6.5/10. The story is absolutely riveting and Anna Chlumsky's performance as Vivian Kent, the relentless journalist pursuing the story is marvelous. The other lead (the eponymous Anna Delvey) is played by Julia Garner, who comes across a bit stilted after her magnificent turn as Rachel Langmore in Ozark, but that's probably because of the accent she's forced to employ to reflect her Russian/German origins.

Direction is good but the story drags at times and isn't exactly original. I caught several head nods to Fargo (including the quirky "this is a true story..." declaration at the start of each episode and the fact that Kent is shown as heavily pregnant for most of the series). But no doubt it's enjoyable to watch.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 11:12   #4254
Senior - BHPian

Binged on Reacher on Amazon prime. Just 1 season with 8 episodes and nothing great to write about. The plot was self revealing in the 3rd episode and after that it was pretty much how they do it kind of stuff.

Willa Fitzgerald as Roscoe for me was the star performer. She came out a fresh face. Beefed up and bulky Alan ritchson was okay too.

Waiting now for Season 2 which hopes to be in early 2023.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 11:24   #4255
Distinguished - BHPian

The Fame Game: 1.5 / 5

How do you expand a 3 hour Bollywood movie into a multi-season multi-episode show? Throw in numerous / unnecessary side tracks, throw in numerous flashbacks in each and every episode and bring in twists that logically don't make sense and then have to be further detailed out to support that twist.

That's the mess the Fame Game is currently. Madhuri Dixit (like her character in the shows) is practically holding up the entire season on her own. There are some good character plays between the main inspector and her sub, but otherwise this series drags like anything.

Give it a miss. Else you'll be extremely disappointed by you get to the end (it does start out great initially).
ninjatalli is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 12:03   #4256
Senior - BHPian

This is inspired by a Julia Roberts movie. They mixed Madhuri's personal life and her old flame into the plot. Without giving much away, my rating is 1.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Fame Game: 1.5 / 5 Give it a miss. Else you'll be extremely disappointed by you get to the end (it does start out great initially).
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 11:28   #4257
Senior - BHPian

Have been ardent fan of Ozark since S01. Binged the last season part 1 and I can't praise it enough. For me, its right up there at the top with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Truly fantastic series with brilliant character arcs for almost every major player.
Ruth will go down as one of the most memorable character ever. Once second part of last season is done, I plan to watch whole thing again. 5/5 stars.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:15   #4258
BHPian

Right now I am binging on BoJack Horseman. This is such a smartly written animated comedy show that I am cursing myself for not picking this show earlier despite of it being in my watchlist for so long

A solid 10/10 from me.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 07:24   #4259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
This is such a smartly written animated comedy show that I am cursing myself for not picking this show earlier despite of it being in my watchlist for so long
Bojack has some of the best quotes on TV. Period. The show makes you laugh and makes you think at the same time. Touches you deep. The amount of life quotes is staggering and they come at you at unexpected moments. Top notch show. Dialog writing is genius.

Quote:
He’s So Stupid, He Doesn’t Realize How Miserable He Should Be. I Envy That.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:57   #4260
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't miss the awesome new show on Uber, guys. From the dedicated thread (Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber | Series now streaming on Voot):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Watched the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rating it a full 5 stars. I love business shows and a story on such a game-changing company is as good as it gets. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has played the role of Kalanick really well.

The downside? Unlike Netflix which releases all episodes at once, these guys are coming out with 1 episode every week . Oh man, it's a long wait to next week! Platforms & producers should let the user decide when he / she wants to watch.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks