Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 14:49   #4381
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Started watching Gullak, into the second season and loved it for its no-nonsense portrayal of a middle-class family and their day-to-day experiences. I really liked the mother from the entire cast and Bittu's mummy.

Each episode is just 30 minutes, there is not a moment of boredom and the episodes don't end in any cliffhanger (so no reason to lose sleep and binge it).

Will take a break and start Panchayat S2 now that its out.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 19:06   #4382
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved Panchayat 2, the only thing bad about it was that it ended.

Not a spoiler, but noticed this lack of attention to detail, both scooters shared the same number:

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220519190246_chrome.jpg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220519190500_gallery.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 22:45   #4383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Not a spoiler, but noticed this lack of attention to detail, both scooters shared the same number:
Not just the number plate. It looks like it is the same scooter itself.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 23:44   #4384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Loved Panchayat 2, the only thing bad about it was that it ended.

Attachment 2310095

Attachment 2310096
Rinki is riding Parameshwar ji's scooter as she is carrying his daughter as pillion for a trip to the nearby town. In villages/small towns people do borrow each other's 2-wheelers for errands.
catchjyoti is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 00:30   #4385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Rinki is riding Parameshwar ji's scooter as she is carrying his daughter as pillion for a trip to the nearby town. In villages/small towns people do borrow each other's 2-wheelers for errands.
Yes this was a doubt, since the creators didn't bother to change the color of scooter as well, if they wanted to differentiate.
Old 20th May 2022, 10:43   #4386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Just started watching The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix...
Thanks for this. I found this pretty good.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 00:28   #4387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Thanks for this. I found this pretty good.
Hmm. I found this exactly opposite. While I am a huge fan of Michael Connely and love BOSCH series which is one of greatest television shows, IMO.

However, this version of Lincoln Lawyer series is pretty lame.

Main character is pretty ineffective and IMO, does not know how to emote.

Besides that fact, I can hardly make out his dialogue delivery which is almost mumbling in mouth. A lawyer has to speak clearly and with authority (Take Bob Odenkirk of Better Call Saul for an example).

Cannot compare with original movie starring Matthew McConaughey which was awesome.

Lincoln Lawyer Series is pretty average series and would rate it 2.5/5

--------------XX------------------------

Bosch- Legacy
OTT- Amazon Prime

I was desperately waiting for continuation of Bosch series and was surprised to see this hit the OTT last week (I discovered it only couple of days ago) and found it as gripping as the original series after watching the 1st episode.

However, the biggest downer for me is the omission of title soundtrack "Can't Let it go" by Caught by a Ghost which sets the rhythm for this series.

4/5 (0.5 deducted for title track omission)
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 16:16   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Lincoln Lawyer Series is pretty average series and would rate it 2.5/5

--------------XX------------------------

Bosch- Legacy
OTT- Amazon Prime

... found it as gripping as the original series after watching the 1st episode.
Interesting. I am a sucker for courtroom dramas and loved The Practice, Boston Legal, The Good Wife, etc. So loved this as well.
Yet to see Bosch Legacy.
Old 21st May 2022, 21:30   #4389
Distinguished - BHPian

Panchayat 2: (Amazon prime) Nice carry on from the first part but surely not as fluid and natural as the predecessor. The magic of Part-I is missing; but still a very good watch nevertheless. All characters have played their part very well but the natural flow of story as in the first part is somewhat missing. At times, you’ll get that characters are trying too hard. But overall, not to miss and it’s still much better than what is generally served on the television these days in name of entertainment. Rating it 7/10.

The great Indian murder:: (Hotstar). Started off well, built up well as a ‘whodunnit’ murder mystery. Then midway, a lot of characters come in and the story loses its track. Lots of parallel stories start and then you forget about the murder itself. By the end, the story looks hurriedly wrapped up making no sense at all. Technically- bad direction, ensemble cast, very average acting by all characters coupled with poor storyline makes it an average watch. You can give it a miss altogether.
Richa Chadha is a total disappointment. She doesn’t have the acting skills and her dialogue delivery is poor. I don’t know how she lands up such roles. Even in the otherwise brilliant movie ‘Section 375’, she was the weakest link with her poor acting and dialogue delivery; especially when pitched against Akshaye Khanna. Coming back to this series, rating it an average 5/10

Last edited by saket77 : 21st May 2022 at 21:33.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 00:01   #4390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Interesting. I am a sucker for courtroom dramas and loved The Practice, Boston Legal, The Good Wife, etc. So loved this as well.
Yet to see Bosch Legacy.
I am also a huge fan of courtroom dramas/thrillers and absolutely loved Practice and Boston Legal.

No offense, Lincoln Lawyer cannot be compared with those greats. Not even in the same breath.

Please start with Original BOSCH series (Legacy is the latest one). This series is in my list of "Top 10 great series on Netflix."
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:37   #4391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Connelly touches are still there: jazz music, although in this case it's not the protagonist's favourite genre but his late father's, which he claims helps him to think! And I do believe the terraced house overlooking Hollywood that Haller lives in is the same as Bosch's. Those who enjoy slick courtroom dramas can probably add this to their watch list.
I am enjoying it.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:28   #4392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just started watching The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. I've watched the 2011 film starring Matthew McConaughey a while ago but this series seems to have a slightly different storyline, though the lead character Mickey Haller is the same, based on the novels of Michael Connelly. I'm a huge fan of BOSCH, which is also based on Connelly's books but a lot of people find that boring because of the slow pace and focus on police procedural. This is much more breezy, millennial-friendly and the David E. Kelley production touch clearly shows!
I somehow did not realize this was out until a friend told me. Have been a big fan of Mickey Haller through Michael Connelly's books. Although his Bosch series is the most popular one, he has written 6 Mickey Haller books.

While the movie with Matthew McConaughey was based on the first Haller book, this series is based on the 2nd one. So I assume we should see multiple seasons of this and looking forward to it(The 2nd book in my view is the weakest one).

Am currently watching it though and since I have read the book, the element of surprise is lost for me, even then liked it so far. In the book, Bosch is actually the lead investigator, but in the series, they have changed it-I guess either were not allowed to use Bosch or could not get Titus Welliver to play the Bosch character.

When you read a book, you normally visualize the characters and in my view- Matthew McConaughey seemed to be a better 'fit' to my visualization of the character. Having said that, Haller here is coming back after a break and is more circumspect and lacks confidence. Looking forward to future seasons to see how he is represented.

On the topic of legal dramas, also watched 'Guilty Minds' and liked it. The courtrooms scenes are realistic and the sections of argument and explained and hence enlightening.

Also watched Panchayat and while it is not as breezy as the first season and drags a bit, still a good watch.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 22nd May 2022 at 10:38.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:37   #4393

Check out "I love that for you" on Voot.
Fun & light.
drumbrakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:41   #4394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Guess am done with SonyLIV for now.
Wasn't to be. Watched one last show before bidding the subscription good bye. Paisa vasool-ing

The Discovery Of Witches : A British series with 3 seasons. Revolves around Witches, Vampires and Daemons living among human beings switching between 2019-22(present day) & 1590/91(flash-back/time-travel). A little slow for my liking but not bad per say. Had good rating on IMDB(8/10), hence gave it a go. Worth watching if you like such fantasy shows. Some parallel(very minute) could be drawn with Harry Potter & the Order of Phoenix.

Rating: 3.5/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th May 2022 at 18:03.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 13:13   #4395
BHPian

The new season of Love, Death and Robots is here and its great.
5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks