Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 16:15   #4411
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Anybody watching sci-fi thriller series Outer Range on prime?

Watched 3 episodes and the suspense buildup is so far so good, quirky at times.Looking forward to watch the complete season.
I have completed the series sometime back. I will rate it 3.5/5. The plot was somewhat confusing and I felt it was not tied back well at the end.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 17:31   #4412
Senior - BHPian

Anatomy of a scandal - 4/5

Loved the drama from start to end. Well written and directed. The wife of the MP had the most acting scope, in terms of emotions.

I did not give 5/5 rating only because something that I could not digest at all but I cannot share here as that would leak the plot for those who are yet to watch the series.

Totally worth a watch. Just be careful as the contents are very explicit.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 18:45   #4413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
I have completed the series sometime back. I will rate it 3.5/5. The plot was somewhat confusing and I felt it was not tied back well at the end.
Agreed. I too found it hodgepodge and the flow was out of place. Would rate 3/5
Old 1st June 2022, 20:34   #4414
BHPian

Bosch:Legacy - Really good

I kinda liked the Bosch in uniform than this avatar - the unshaven T-shirt donning Bosch is a bit difficult to take in. But the overall tone and pace of the original series is preserved here except for the title song - which totally feels out of place. Maddie Bosch gets more screen time and that thread screams Rookie.

The Lincoln Lawyer - Average

Its not really a courtroom drama - just another thriller with a lawyer at the helm. More interesting than the protagonist are the sidekicks - Lorna (she rocks), Cisco (except for his hoarse voice), Izzy (cool girl). Even Trevor is more interesting than Haller. The writing of Haller is very inconsistent - One minute he is this very cool dude who pulls rabbits out of a hat, and next minute he is a loser who can't get his act right. The pacing is alright, although I like it slower (Bosch slow), but the overall hep tone kills the mood of a serious thriller. I hope S2 gets the act right.

Last edited by dragonfire : 1st June 2022 at 20:41.
dragonfire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 01:24   #4415
Distinguished - BHPian

My Love- Six Stories of True Love Netflix

Real life stories from various countries including India and Japan. The poignancy of each story is what makes this limited series an absolute tear jerker. Each story is inspiring as well as moving- both at the same time. Presented in a docu-series format and should be watched just for stories which are incredible. No stars, no songs but pure stories.

Rating: 5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 10:25   #4416
Senior - BHPian

Panchayat-2: Loved it until the last episode. Just wish someone had told me not to watch it, I would have rated it as high as the 1st season. Looks like there may be a season 3 in the future. Ill rate it 4.5/5.

Lincoln Lawyer: Watched it and it was pretty engrossing. I did notice the comments on this group about how his accent changes from American to Latino at times. But good and engaging storyline. Cisco's voice reminds me of "The Thing" from Fantastic four and Macho Man Randy Savage from WWF. Ill rate it 3/5. Worth a one time watch.

Love on the Spectrum- USA: For those who like different kind of reality shows, I watched "Love on the Spectrum- USA" on Netflix. In the show, they interview people with Autism and related disorders (pardon if this is the incorrect word) and match them with similar people and get them to date. Its a different concept and show. It has 6 episodes. Ill rate it 3/5

Our father
: A documentary film on Netflix about a Fertility Doctor in the 80's who used his own specimen on female patients without their consent and now there seem to be 90+ children he may have fathered. Its a real story, gripping and a bit disturbing. 3.5/5 for me.

Last edited by hrman : 2nd June 2022 at 10:41.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:37   #4417
Senior - BHPian

It's easy to see why Stranger Things is the best show on Netflix. What a rocking season and we still have 4 hours of content to come in July. I was taken aback with the amount of Gore and dark direction they went with this season, absolutely magnificent.

The entire episode 7 and the ending especially has to be one of the best in TV making..

The extended time for each episode is such a relief as Duffer brothers had the freedom to experiment with each relationship and character as much as they want.

Dusten and Steve remains my favourite but the MVP this season has to be Murray. What a character and so versatile. Also the new characters have been good.

FYI, just saw Gomorrah is now available on Prime video. It's rated quite high by most people so let's see.

Last edited by harry10 : 2nd June 2022 at 14:43.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:34   #4418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Stranger Things
This season came to life only at episode 4. I still have 1 episode to complete. Good to know you liked it.

Since you like Dustin, there is a fun interview of Gaten Mattarazzo via IMDB.
--
Quote:
just saw Gomorrah is now available on Prime video. It's rated quite high by most people so let's see.
Gomorrah was highly recommended by my Italian colleagues sometime back. I saw it was in Lionsgate
Old 4th June 2022, 22:26   #4419
Senior - BHPian

Finished Severance on Apple TV +.

What a mind-blowing show. Can't say much without giving our the story. It's easily in my Top 5 shows for last few years. Also has one of the best finales for a season. Must watch.*

Rating - 9/10
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 09:01   #4420
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Currently watching this very engrossing show on Apple TV = Defending Jacob. Good enough to rate it 4 / 5 stars. Different kind of story where a schoolkid is murdered, and a classmate is the primary suspect. Shows the trials & tribulations of the accused family. Small town, so they become like untouchables. Chris Evans is top class, liked him here as much as I did in the movie "Gifted" (watch it if you haven't already).

GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:52   #4421
Senior - BHPian

Watched Night Sky on Amazon prime. Nothing really stands out as such. Okay for a one time watch.

Rating: 3/5

Personally was good to see Honda Jazz/Fit get decent screen time
Old 5th June 2022, 23:33   #4422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Currently watching this very engrossing show on Apple TV = Defending Jacob. Good enough to rate it 4 / 5 stars. Different kind of story where a schoolkid is murdered, and a classmate is the primary suspect. Shows the trials & tribulations of the accused family. Small town, so they become like untouchables. Chris Evans is top class, liked him here as much as I did in the movie "Gifted" (watch it if you haven't already).

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=XQfeoRLvfqU
Defending Jacob was one of Apple TV's earliest show and basically the one which gave them recognition. Personally I found it ok as I see a lot of crime shows and didn't find anything unique in this one.

Do watch Ted Lasso and Severance on Apple TV + if you haven't seen them. Ted Lasso is my comfort show which i do re-watch whenever I want a pick me up. Severance is something you will really enjoy considering the corporate storyline mixed with some Sci fi.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 10:28   #4423
Senior - BHPian

From

It's a mystery about a town where once you enter, you can never leave. Along with supernatural monsters who come out at night to hunt. Quite gripping and fast paced. It's renewed for a second season as well.

Rating -7.5/10
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220606102522_imdb.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 10:44   #4424
MCR
BHPian

Breathe : Season 1

4/5

Its a very engrossing Crime Thriller, but can get a bit slow at times. R Madhavan and Amit Sadh have shown tremendous acting skills and timing.

Completed watching this only yesterday since me and my wife don't watch TV much.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 10:46   #4425
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finished Severance on Apple TV +.

What a mind-blowing show.
Quote:
Do watch Ted Lasso and Severance on Apple TV + if you haven't seen them.
I saw episode 1 of Severance and thought it was a yawn-fest. Got bored and stopped. Since you guys recommend it so highly, will progress to Episode 4 before deciding to commit or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks