Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 11:07   #4426
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
From

It's a mystery about a town where once you enter, you can never leave. Along with supernatural monsters who come out at night to hunt. Quite gripping and fast paced. It's renewed for a second season as well.
Thank you for sharing this. It's been a while since I have seen a decent horror series that has been well made without spilling all the beans in one go. Eagerly looking forward to the next season.

Rating: 8 / 10
Old 7th June 2022, 18:46   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Been hooked onto "The Walking dead" series ever since I got Netflix last month. I usually keep it for a month or two and am trying to get the series completed in max 2 months time. Down to season 6 with total 10 seasons or so. Just love the series though there is lot of gore and one should avoid watching while eating anything. If you like road trip kind of movies/series this one has a lot of it along with walkers (The zombies) and lots of gun/sword/machete action. Must watch for zombie fans . Can't believe I missed this one all these years.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 7th June 2022 at 18:48.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 18:59   #4428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Been hooked onto "The Walking dead" series ever since I got Netflix last month. I usually keep it for a month or two and am trying to get the series completed in max 2 months time. Down to season 6 with total 10 seasons or so. Just love the series though there is lot of gore and one should avoid watching while eating anything. If you like road trip kind of movies/series this one has a lot of it along with walkers (The zombies) and lots of gun/sword/machete action. Must watch for zombie fans . Can't believe I missed this one all these years.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U
Please keep your expectations low. Starts off really well and loses steam towards the later seasons.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 20:11   #4429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please keep your expectations low. Starts off really well and loses steam towards the later seasons.
I am going to ask you three questions.

1. How many seasons have you watched?
2. Which season did you got bored?
3. Why?

Just kidding. I am on season 6. It is still interesting so far. Yeah I understand towards the end of the seasons watching the same thing over and over becomes boring and so it is expected.
Old 9th June 2022, 00:53   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Currently watching this very engrossing show on Apple TV = Defending Jacob. Good enough to rate it 4 / 5 stars....
Thanks. Indeed a very good recommendation. watching it right now. Just about time I was going to cancel Apple TV.

Anything else in apple TV worth seeing?
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 17:27   #4431
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's an intriguing one, streaming on Amazon Prime.

Outer Range

Starring: Josh Brolin, Imogen Poots, Tom Pelphrey etc.

My verdict: If you've ever read a proper Stephen King novel, where he intended to pique your curiosity and make you cringe by the time you're thumbing through the book's last pages...you'll like Outer Range.

My observations:
* Many of the key moments in the initial episodes occur in a dark setting. Make sure you adjust your TV's display accordingly and turn off the lights in the room perhaps? These moments in the show actually put GOT's finale to shame with all that darkness.
* If you have a nice home theater, make sure you set it up for optimum performance. Blind people, river dolphins and bats can compensate for the lack of visual sense with the auditory sense. See observation #1 above!
* Who knew that Imogen Poots could look so bewitching, despite her crooked teeth? I swear I'd only heard her name till I chanced upon this show. I'm smitten!
* Josh Brolin plays Josh Brolin very well. God knows we needed a new Clint Eastwood for these strange times.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 21:32   #4432
BHPian

The Exorcist <Amazon Prime Video> Season 1 - 4.5/5, Season 2 - 3.5/5

Season 1 is just excellent. Season 2 takes a dip but recovers towards the end. See the series for the cinematic quality and excellent acting by the protagonists.

No relation to the 70s movie with the same name. It is a completely different storyline.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:04   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Barry
What an amazingly brillant Season 3.
More darker, more twisty and the season finale has to be one of the best. Bill Hader is the most talented guy in film making right now. His writing and direction was top notch in previous seasons but in this one his acting has gone several notches up. Already renewed for Season 4 and the way this season ended i have no clue what's gonna happen in that one.

9/10
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220615102754_imdb.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 15:00   #4434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
new Season of NARCOS Mexico is out on Netflix. anybody seen it?
I finished Season 3 last night and thought it was brilliant. The new characters were all really good and Amado's turn as drug lord was superb- his character's development from the previous season was remarkable! Altogether more human a character than Felix Gallardo in S2 (though S1 was amazing).

Want to watch El Chapo next, which I suppose is a logical sequel!

Also watched "Keep Sweet" a highly disturbing documentary on the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) based in Utah. It was essentially a cult headed by a man who styled himself The Prophet, and later his son. The cult mandates polygamy and at one point the son had 89 "wives", a third of them underage. Not for the faint of heart.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 01:00   #4435
Distinguished - BHPian

Naam Reh Jaayega Hotstar

A tribute series dedicated to Lata Mangeshkar with each episode featuring anecdotes and performances from the past and present singers of the country and anchored by none other than Sonu Nigam. The standout episode features the present day Maestro Arijit Singh. One can just marvel at the ease with which the man sings. Arijit Singh chose the standout songs of Lata Mangeshkar and it’s a sheer bliss to listen to him. Just listen to lukka chuppi from Rang De Basanti in his voice and feels like he was born to sing the song !! What a series, outstanding.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:26   #4436
BHPian

Suzhal the Vortex on Prime.
Available in most Indian languages with English & other language subtitles. I am watching in Telugu with Eng subtitles.

This series in Tamil is made by the couple who made Vikram Vedha & who are helming its Hindi remake too. So there is a lot expected of the makers & the series.

It is set in a small village in Tamil Nadu. The 9 day Grama-devi function is being held and the story unfolds within that time.

A labour problem ridden cement factory is burnt down on the first night of the function while a 14 year old girl who happens to be the union leader’s daughter goes missing at the same time. 20 years ago, when the factory was being built, a young girl went missing.

Everyone is a suspect in the fire & missing girl. The villagers distrust the cops who seem to be on the payroll of the factory owner. There is a simmering tension between the lady inspector & union leader for some past incidents. The cops need to find the missing girl & the cause of the fire and somehow work with the locals to make that happen.

The main people of interest - a union leader, his estranged wife, estranged elder daughter, missing younger daughter, the lady cop, her junior, her son, the young factory owner. No one seems to be what they project themselves to be.

Each episode is 45~55 minutes long. I have completed 4 out of 8 episodes & except for some lag in the 4th episode, it has been a taut, tight series.

Completed the series and will rate it 4/5.

Do not expect Vikram Vedha level awesomeness from the series but it will definitely hold your attention till the last. There are a few places where it loses pace by bringing in seemingly unnecessary plot points but that can be overlooked by the taut story line and great acting.

Parthiban, Sriya Reddy and Kathir bring their A Game to the series.
Series run time is 6.5 hours approximately.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-f7a59b978a4b429781d226e8c9bc6b84.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th June 2022 at 21:10. Reason: Merged and highlighted the rating. Thanks! :)
Ithaca is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 17:33   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Outer Range on Amazon prime. I love these cowboy themed shows (Yellowstone being one of my all time favourites). This one is a good one as well but a little slow. A few instances seem incomplete but never the less a good watch.

Rating: 3.5/5

Escaype Live on hotstar. An interesting Hindi series which highlights a modern day fetish among youngsters (tiktok/reels) and how corporates exploit it. Shows to what lengths people go for online fame. I chanced upon this seeing Siddharth in the banner who has done a decent job of a conservative s/w engineer. Could have been 1-2 episodes shorter. Last couple of episodes feel like a drag.

Rating: 3/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th June 2022 at 17:34.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 10:44   #4438
Senior - BHPian

Suzhal Pushkar-Gayatri duo's first foray into web series, and an impressive one at that. What I started off as an one episode watch, ended up in a 8 episode binge last night.

What worked great is the down to earth characters and the amount of themes that have been explored.

I won't say much. It is a joyride worth experiencing.

Needless to say it gets a 5/5 from me.
narayans80 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 13:51   #4439
Team-BHP Support

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-b7a77cfa04b941d9b574e10130ed52e8.jpeg

Holy mother! Truly gripping and edge-of-the-seat stuff. Loved the background score too and the trivia for each episode - good to know some of the BTS stuff referencing the locations, improvisations done by the cast, difficulties they had faced during the shoot etc.

Please don’t miss!

5/5
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 22:18   #4440
Distinguished - BHPian

The broken news on Zee5.

A well crafted 8 episode series that shows two competing news channels and personalities presenting news in their own style in today’s world where news is not driven by facts but by entertainment quotient and TRPs. The screenplay is tight and keeps the viewers engaged. Good acting skills on display throughout esp by the two leads. Rating it a solid 4/5.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks