Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 14:04   #4486
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Stranger Things (Season 4): 3 / 5

Meh.

That was my feeling after the marathon 2.5H last episode. Basically Netflix's marketing team oversold the last two episodes so what you get isn't the wow-ness that the teasers/trailers & numerous "rumors" kind of indicated. Kind of feels like a saas-bahu serials saga that gets dragged on just to setup the basis for a more glamorous season 5.

I'll let others make their own opinions of the last two episodes of season 4 - but my advice? Keep your expectations low. And thus you might enjoy it more than I did.
I think the last episode didn't have enough content to be 2.5hr long. It could have been edited to be 1.5hr. The entire basketball gang subplot was totally contrived and unnecessary. However the rest of it was decent. The russia subplot was also extremely stretched.

I honestly found a lot of story progression in S4 which was very much lacking in S2 & S3. But yea some bits were a bit of a drag.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:36   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Resident Alien

Thoroughly enjoyed the second season. This show blends Dark humor with subtle satire so well. It's an excellent light hearted show to watch when you are in need of some cheering up.

Rating -8/10

The Old Man

Only 3 episodes so far but this one is going to be a stellar. The moment I read it has Jeff Bridges and John Litgow i knew we are in for something special. Top class acting was a guarantee, story is quite decent with couple of good twists so far. By the way, John Litgow was brilliant in Dexter as well, the most menacing villain of the series. Won't rate this till it finishes.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220707113038_imdb.jpg  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20220707113017_imdb.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:25   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Have been watching TV series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", average series, considering it was produced in 2008 the CGI is good. Story is same as all the Terminator movies but the show has been successful so far in engaging me.
Old 7th July 2022, 12:53   #4489
Team-BHP Support

It will be good if you guys can mention the platform each show is streaming on.
Eddy is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:59   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The Terminal list

... Production values are solid and Chris Pratt has delivered the best performance of his career...

Rating - 8/10
+1 to the above comment. I am on the last episode and have loved the series so far.

I only wonder if the seals are indeed such superhumans as depicted.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:03   #4491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It will be good if you guys can mention the platform each show is streaming on.
Download the app Justwatch.

It shows which show is streaming on which platform.

If it's not there then it's not streaming anywhere.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 14:04   #4492
BHPian

Saw all these marvel series on Disney+Hotstar:

1 - Loki

Rating - 4.8/5

This was a really good watch, the story was real good, VFX and CGI were on marvel level. This series also introduced us to one of the most important main villain. The way the shots were taken were also really good.

We will be seeing more of Kang in Ant man and the wasp quantum mania

2-Wanda Vision

Rating - 4.7/5

This was a really good watch, it started off slow and only after the 3rd episode it picks up pace. The story is really good, the way they have made the series is really phenomenal. Be it the CGI or the characters, this was a really nice series to watch.

I will place it below Loki for it's slow pace and because the first few episodes being boring.

3-Falcon and the winter Soldier

Rating - 2.9/5

This is a OK watch. There could have had been better fight scenes and the end episodes looked like they had no story and were trying to prolong it. The middle episodes were the best.

The best acting was done by the character playing Zemo.

Also, the new costume of Falcon is too much cringe.

4 - Hawkeye

Rating - 2.9

A really predictable story, slow paced and what not. The only thing which made the series watchable was we got to know the back story of a character. This was a really slow and boring watch at what I would say most. Only a true Marvel fan can go through it.

5-Moonknight

Rating - 2

What is Marvel doing! The CGI was as bad or I would say worse than Black Widow. The acting was good but the fight scenes were really bad. The first episode left us wanting for more and the rest of the episodes also weren't interesting. The people who have read Moonknight comics would know how badass Moonknight was. We got the most diluted version of him in the series.

This series could have been really good but they just made a mess out of it.

6-Ms marvel

Rating - 1/5

What is Marvel doing, the origin story was fully wrong. Looked more like a low budget Hindi film. No story, no action, LITERALLY NOTHING. The acting of all the characters is not up to the mark, all the episodes till now were so predictable and it was an eyesore to watch. This is the worst series till now created by marvel .

NOTE -

Is it me or anyone else also thinks that with every new series of marvel, the quality is dropping. Marvel is focusing more on quantity than quality. After seeing Ms Marvel and Moonknight I have lost all faith in Marvel Studios. Just compare all these series to Wanda Vision and Loki and you will get it that now Marvel studios just wants to mint money. Marvel is just becoming another series to watch and not a Marvel series to watch

Also, after watching Batman 2022 the bar for superhero movies and series has been set high for me.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2022 at 09:38. Reason: Removing another potential spoiler.
Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 18:25   #4493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I am currently watching Vikings on Netflix. Suggest you watch this first and then The last kingdom . Viking is kinda prequel. It shows how they discovered England in the west. Pretty gripping series this.
First 3 seasons were pretty well paced and kept me hooked. The storyline was interesting and fast paced. The sets, acting everything was spot on. Travis Fimmel(Ragnar) & Gustaf(Floki) were brilliant. Rating Season 1-3: 4/5

Season 4 midway(episode 10) onwards it starts feeling a bit dragged. By Season 5 it gets predictable and boring. What adds to the pain is 20 episodes in a season. Somehow finished it for closure. But season 6 first episode itself made it clear what to expect and have lost interest already. A perfect example of how not to drag a series.

Season 4 & 5 : 2.5/5

Watch first couple of seasons as a prequel to ‘The Last Kingdom’. A lot is common in both the shows. Post season-3 switch to the latter

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th July 2022 at 18:27.
Old 10th July 2022, 17:05   #4494
Distinguished - BHPian

Ms. Marvel : 4 / 5

I'm surprised no one has brought up the (ongoing) season 1 of this extremely well-done series. The characters are fresh (except for a few brought over from previous series of Marvel Studios but hardly have had less than 5 mins of screen time) and all India/Pakistan origin based. Core to this series is the main lead Iman Vellani - a fresh find by Kevin Fage and team; and she's fantastic throughout the 5 episodes released so far.

The best part of this series? Integration of Bollywood into a Marvel production, done effortlessly - be it the use of Bollywood hip-hop music (or a few 60/70/80s hits); the heavy influence of the Indo-Pakistan population in the NJ-NY suburbs; the numerous references to SRK and others; and the seamless manner a mainstream Indian actor played a cameo in episode 4 and moved out before you even realized it.

I can't wait for one of the Avengers to drop in one of the episodes (seems inevitable).
Old 11th July 2022, 09:37   #4495
BHPian

Line of Duty - 3.5/5

After watching a plethora of American serials, thought i would head across the pond to see something Brit. Of course series like Black Adder, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, Jeevs & Wooster, Poirot and Miss Marple has been staple. But wanted to see something new and latched on to this series called Line of Duty. An interesting one with the premise of digging up the truth behind a corrupt police system. The pace is slow, the story structured and the language and accent needing subtitles.

Running now on Acorn TV which can be subscribed for a year through Amazon Prime
Old 11th July 2022, 10:55   #4496
Senior - BHPian

The Terminal List (Amazon Prime)

Starring Chris Pratt, Taylor Kitsch etc and based on the novel by Jack Carr, it makes for a good watch.

Pretty one dimensional stuff but 3 episodes down, i guess it's been ok.

3.5/5 for now.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:25   #4497
Team-BHP Support

Stranger Things Season 4 - Netflix

I liked the novelty this series brought in, when watching Season 1 and then quickly lost interest over the following seasons. Seeing how interested and researched my daughter was when the latest season came up, we decided to watch it as a family and this time with more interest from my side.

It was good to see some of the stories and plots unfold, but as reignofchaos mentioned earlier on this page, some of the subplots were stretched and added in just to drag the series. At some point it did get tiring. Good performances overall, although it should have been trimmed to retain viewer interest. The tracks chosen for this season made up for some of the other flaws.

Rating : 3.5/5
Old 11th July 2022, 11:31   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

Pretty one dimensional stuff
Could you explain what this means? Thanks
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 09:47   #4499
Team-BHP Support

Any review of The Investigation? Post wrapping up Bosch, was looking at something similar on Amazon Prime. (a yay or nay would be good). Thanks.

Shall watch The Terminal List as few BHPians have recommended.
Old 12th July 2022, 10:57   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The Terminal list
Production values are solid and Chris Pratt has delivered the best performance of his career. Only wish Taylor Kitsch had gotten more screen time. Such an underrated actor. Nice thriller.

Rating - 8/10
It started off with similar story line like that of Shooter (starring Mark Walberg) directed by Antoine Fuqua but stretched to a long series. Even this action series is produced by Antoine Fuqua.

Antoine Fuqua can be trusted to deliver slick fast paced action movies and this is no exception. The story is from a former Navy SEAL Jack Carr.

I don't know why anyone in the right mind would pick some one like a Navy SEAL or Black Ops CIA operative (remember Taken) as their opponent. Must be death wish.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks