Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 13:57   #4501
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Line of Duty - 3.5/5
Running now on Acorn TV which can be subscribed for a year through Amazon Prime
I had loved this show. Had seen the first 5 seasons on Netflix India. Not sure on which platform Season 6 can be watched?
Old 12th July 2022, 23:11   #4502
Distinguished - BHPian

Forensic (4/5) streaming on Zee5

This is a movie remade from Malayalam. Probably, its one of those rare times when a remake is better than original. I saw the Mallu version as well but, I lost interest somewhere in middle.

This version starring Vikrant Massey (Amazing actor) and Radhika Apte (Her usual fiery self) is much better made.

There are plenty of twists and thrills and keeps you guessing until the end. Vikrant plays a cocky and slightly eccentric forensic expert which stood out from other folk's acting.

I love murder mysteries and especially if the backdrop is a sleeping mountain town.
Old 13th July 2022, 09:09   #4503
Senior - BHPian

The complete list of Emmy nominees was recently revealed where HBO’s smash hit show Succession has bagged a whopping 25 nominations.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-smartselect_20220713090741_imdb.jpg

Source
Old 13th July 2022, 11:24   #4504
BHPian

Better call Saul final season episode 8 is out and its terrific.

At the end of the episode, I wondered how brilliant the makers are - that they could manage to make us root for the same Gus Fring whom we absolutely despised in Breaking Bad. Brilliant writing.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 12:35   #4505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The Boys is an epic show. I generally cannot tolerate anything related to superheroes, but this one is so so different. S3E6 was fabulous. But E7 was a bit of a drag at times with the flashbacks, but what an ending!!

I didn't know that this season was only 8 episodes. A long wait then, which I absolutely hate
Agreed. 3 seasons down and the show hasn't disappointed yet. There have been slow episodes, but the show has been engaging throughout.

Got recommended 'Invincible' by Prime after finishing 'The Boys' and have to say it's surprisingly good. Rating - 4/5

- Yes, it's a cartoon, but definitely worth a watch if you want a trip down the memory lane when the cartoons were actually good.
Old 13th July 2022, 18:59   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Better Call Saul is on a whole different level. I thought episode 7 was great but this one even surpasses it. Jimmy is obviously the lead character but I am always ecstatic to watch Mike and Gus fring in their elements. And Lalo is such a cool, menacing character this show has produced. Phenomenal actors and directors. I hope Vince Gilligan and team keep making such awesome shows. Also, so glad Rhea Seehorn has got an Emmy nomination, she deserves it.

The day BCS ends i am going to start a rewatch of Breaking Bad. It's been long.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:05   #4507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Better Call Saul is on a whole different level. I thought episode 7 was great but this one even surpasses it. Jimmy is obviously the lead character but I am always ecstatic to watch Mike and Gus fring in their elements. And Lalo is such a cool, menacing character this show has produced. Phenomenal actors and directors. I hope Vince Gilligan and team keep making such awesome shows. Also, so glad Rhea Seehorn has got an Emmy nomination, she deserves it.

The day BCS ends i am going to start a rewatch of Breaking Bad. It's been long.

Honestly, for me and my wife, Breaking Bad(too much of violence) pales infront of Better Call Saul(feel good story). Too bad it is going to end. I can happily watch a sequel to this prequel!

The last time we were hooked to a series right to its very end, was Homeland.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:09   #4508
BHPian

I started watching season 1 of Better Call Saul in May and watched 7-8 episodes but found it to be too slow! I was literally watching it at 1.25x to be able to tolerate it.

Couldn't continue any further because I couldn't bear it.

Should I be giving it a try again?

P.S.: Loved Breaking Bad. Watched it when it had come out.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:56   #4509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I started watching season 1 of Better Call Saul in May and watched 7-8 episodes but found it to be too slow! I was literally watching it at 1.25x to be able to tolerate it.

Yes. It picks up slow and steady. Low on action, high on emotional quotient and dark humour. If you love mind games thriller, this is it.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 20:24   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the BHPian (I’m sorry I don’t recall the name ) who had recommended “ Curb your enthusiasm” by Larry David ( streaming on Hot star)!

It’s unbelievably funny, although some conversations are not really family audience friendly ( I mean for Kids ), but it’s fine most of the time.

The good thing is that it’s quite easy to watch, does not require episode to episode kind of continuity. The whole show is about Larry David playing himself and really questioning everything that’s conventional around him. And we have many famous television stars making appearances as themselves, which sort of makes it interesting too.
Old 13th July 2022, 20:34   #4511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Honestly, for me and my wife, Breaking Bad(too much of violence) pales infront of Better Call Saul(feel good story). Too bad it is going to end. I can happily watch a sequel to this prequel!

The last time we were hooked to a series right to its very end, was Homeland.
Oh ya. I can watch Jimmy being Jimmy and Kim supporting him for a long time. Still 5 episodes to go. Very curious to see how they will end this and interwine with Breaking bad universe. Can we expect a small Walter White appearance in finale. I would love it.

Breaking bad is on a different set up with more cartel involvement. We could relate to BCS cos we know the characters from breaking bad. In my opinion they both are among the top tier television of all time.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 20:46   #4512
BHPian

For me Better Call Saul was never a bore although the initial seasons with the Jimmy-Chuck feud was not very enthralling. They should have created a more credible backstory for a character like Saul.

Am at home with its pacing, but. Actually the first few episodes of Breaking Bad were terribly slow. Later they made it faster and it was a tad too much for my liking.
Old 14th July 2022, 21:56   #4513
Team-BHP Support

The Terminal List = 1 star

Very linear predictable story. The narrative is slow, there is no buildup or pace to this 8 episode series. Whatever the hero does works out perfectly, everyone else is an idiot. And don't even get me started on the ending. Pathetic.

It is streaming on Prime, but please don't waste time on it.
Old 14th July 2022, 22:01   #4514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post

A hardcore fan of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. While one is thrilling and edge of seat with memorable characters (Breaking Bad), the other one is sentimental, absolute wonderful storyline and some great acting by lead actors. (Better Call Saul)

I have often wondered if I give a rating of 5/5 to Breaking Bad, What rating should be given to Better Call Saul?

I keeping tossing a rating between 5/5 or 5.5/5 for Better Call Saul. It is that good.

Btw, I see everyone here talking about Episode 7 and 8 for Better Call Saul? Where is it being aired? Here in US, I don't see it on Netflix.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th July 2022 at 22:02.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:11   #4515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, I see everyone here talking about Episode 7 and 8 for Better Call Saul? Where is it being aired? Here in US, I don't see it on Netflix.
Netflix. E8 was released only couple of days ago.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks