Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 19:44   #4741
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
How is S2 of White Lotus? Found S1 a decent watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
S2 is even better than S1. Photography around Sicily is amazing.
I found S1 much better; biggest part being Murray Bartlett (the Manager). The storyline in S2 is very predictable. Worse, the ending is so disappointing.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 20:06   #4742
Distinguished - BHPian

CAT Netflix

Punjabi series starring the magnificent Randeep Hooda and host of brilliant actors including the superlative Suvinder Vicky who plays Sehtab Singh and Pramod Pathak who plays his subordinate. The story revolves around Randeep Hooda who plays a mole with a motive to finish a drug cartel to save his younger brother. The series is a taut thriller and very well made with twists and turns which keeps the tempo going. Eagerly waiting for the next season which promises to be even better. Recommended watch.

Rating: 4.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I found S1 much better; biggest part being Murray Bartlett (the Manager). The storyline in S2 is very predictable. Worse, the ending is so disappointing.
Agree fully, season 1 is way better and it has all to do with Murray Bartlett. Season 2 lacks the intensity and urgency of the previous season and often borders on a sleep fest !!
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 16:17   #4743
Senior - BHPian

TREASON - Netflix

It is quickly paced with a plot that can get predictable at times but has enough twists and turns to keep viewers hooked.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Old 31st December 2022, 21:43   #4744
BHPian

Watching Jack Ryan Season 3. Finished episode 3 and it looks like vintage Tom Clancy. Lots of different threads and very intriguing

As of now 4/5

Happy New Year all !
subraiyr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 10:14   #4745
Senior - BHPian

Few ones I saw recently -
White Lotus - Overall well-made series with great visuals, exotic locations and nicemusic, though dark. The theme is getting a bunch of weird, eccentric characters, each with their own dark side, in a fancy resort and some crazy things which happens there after and how it affects their relationships.
I found the 1st season to be marginally better, in terms of the character arcs and plot.
Overall - 7.5/10
Season 1 - 8/10.
Season 2 - 7/10

Definitely recommended.

Ottoman
Didn't have much expectations from this one, but turned out to be really well.
Binge watched the 1st season (only 6 episodes), which was about the siege of COnstantinople by Mehmed II of the Ottoman empire. This is an enacted dcou-series, with narration and opinion by historians.
Rating - 9/10, must watch for people who like the genre

Jack Ryan Season 3
I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Jack Ryan, though I have not read any one pf the books. The Season 3 starts of really well, but falters in the middle and redeems a bit in the climax. The plot is really interesting but somehow the screenplay is flat and doesn't give you the suspense or goosebump moments. Also, the flashbacks etc. does not really help to understand the character arc of some of the main characters (the villain for example). Overall, kind of underwhelming but not bad.
Rating - 6/10

Khakhee - Bihar chapter
As mentioned by others, this is absolutely a kick ass crime-action series, based on real life incidents. Rating - 9/10 must wach
adimicra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 17:29   #4746
BHPian

Binge watched Aar ya Paar on Hotstar.

I would rate it 4/5 - despite the stereotype story of greedy businessman, trying to bulldoze weaker section of society, it's worth watching. Tight direction, excellent acting by Ashish Vidyarthi, Dibyendu Bhattacharya and Aditya Rawal makes it quite interesting. Set in the backdrop of aboriginal tribe of Chhattisgarh, excellent shots of natural waterfalls, jungle and fast pace story telling, makes it entertaining.

Disclaimer: Coarse language and excessive violence in few episodes.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  56.4 KB

Last edited by Acharya : 2nd January 2023 at 17:33.
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 22:27   #4747
Distinguished - BHPian

Kathmandu Connection- Season 1&2 Sony Liv

I am surprised that there is no mention of this very underrated and well made series here in the forum. Season 1 was very engaging and tautly made and the second season, follows the same for most of the part. The story has been very well juxtaposed with some real life incidents that happened over the last few decades. While the season 1 was about the Bombay blasts, the season 2 is about the Indian Airlines plane hijack from Kathmandu.

No big names but very good set of theater actors and all of them played their roles to perfection. While Amit Sial is the main protagonist in both the seasons, the story has very competent actors in Prashant Narayanan, Anurag Arora, Zakir Hussain and Anshuman Pushkar as well. All in all, a series entertaining enough to hold the attention. Looking forward to the third season already.

Rating: Season 1- 4/5
Season 2-3.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 01:23   #4748
BHPian

Crash Landing On You. South Korean Series, saw wth english subtitles with Korean language. Don't see in Hindi please as it kills the emotional connect.

5/5. Saw it on repeat three times. So usually if I like something then end up seeing same thing multiple times.

I recollect seeing Boston Legal back to back 5 times. That show was also 5/5.

Last edited by heydj : 3rd January 2023 at 01:24.
Old 3rd January 2023, 10:42   #4749
BHPian

If you love Skoda Cars design, Watch Jack Ryan Season 3 on Amazon Prime !
Beautiful Octavias and Superbs everywhere.
Old 6th January 2023, 14:04   #4750
BHPian

The Heavy Water War
4/5
Amazon Prime-Vrott

Lays out the story of the Nazi efforts to obtain heavy water to hasten their efforts to have a nuclear bomb and the allied efforts to sabotage the production plant situated in Norway.
The story is focussed mainly on the story of Leif Tronstad, a Norwegian chemistry professor, who designed the heavy water plant for Norsk Hydro (probably the only one at the time).
Post the invasion of Norway, he becomes part of the resistance for some time and later moves to England on hearing his cover is blown. In the UK, he masterminds the commando operations to blow up the heavy water manufacturing plant.

The world would probably look completely different if the Germans had succeeded in making the first nuclear bomb.

Runs for 6 episodes ~4hours in total, excellently put.

Note that this doesn't have audio in English but a mix of Norwegian, Deutch & English
Old 6th January 2023, 15:21   #4751
Senior - BHPian

I watch lot of Kdramas.
Do try to watch it in original Audio with subtitles as dubbing usually isn't perfect and also the tone changes doesn't matches the acting.
Here are few which I really like-

Crash landing on You- My favorite among all. Beautiful story and the support cast is even better the main cast.
Rating - 9.5/10

Vincenzo- Romance, thrill, action and comedy. It's a mixture of all.
Rating- 8.5/10

Alchemy of Souls- Fantasy drama. First season was amazing. Second season is still going on with final 2 episodes airing this weekend. Extremely enjoyable series.
Rating - 8.5/10

Extraordinary Attorney woo- story about an Autistic girl who is also a brilliant lawyer. If you like court dramas this is a sweet one to watch.
Rating- 8/10

Hometown Cha Cha cha- Story about a small town and how the people living their cope with different stuff along with Romance angle of Main leads.
Rating- 8/10

Flower of Evil - Probably the best suspense thriller from Kdramas. It's rated highly among Korean viewers and thoroughly deserves it.
Rating - 9.5/10

The Uncanny counter- Story about demon hunters and spirits. Nothing horror but more on the fun side. Season 2 is expected as well.
Rating - 8/10

Goblin- A Korean romance classic. It's in the same league of Crash landing on you.
Rating - 8.5/10

Hotel Deluna- Story about a hotel which helps the dead souls to go in afterlife. Neat little drama with quite a few emotional tracks.
Rating- 8/10

Business Proposal - Romance and comedy. Very light hearted show and just 12 episodes.
Rating- 8.5/10

Reborn Rich- just came out recently. Brilliant show about a guy who was wrongly killed and was reborn in the same family which killed and his quest for revenge. The climax is polarising but I liked it. Not to be missed. The acting, direction and screenplay is Top tier.
Rating- 9.5/10

Vegabond- criminal conspiracy thriller. Fast paced and second season will be coming soon.
Rating- 8/10

Beyond Evil- One of the best serial killer suspense stories ever. Some of the twists are outstanding.
Rating - 9/10
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-8bcf9c1aed154fc8b5b1812c81fcfd96.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-51c8079646874fd6ab8a9a1f1a706317.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-b547b9aaf1f0473489c38fe39c35dd9a.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-d25a30b9387e41a5843625480b5c8f67.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-96b5b41e9c3f4a93b5c6e5f32e8d839b.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-7a673640d31f4fcd99b2e1bd842f69ce.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-17e57453372e44faa1c08454d7f3a2cc.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-3cbf0d5a6be149768483d5274387341e.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-989aea012ef949b79b8e2ed07fbce43f.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-b419654db998458bae101fbfafddf5ce.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-00e2b4f41d27412e86906ca28a56c942.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-4059aa589c3941acbc6bd196e95f6e5a.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-2dac505233c045c39b972621bd592c30.png  

Last edited by harry10 : 6th January 2023 at 15:23.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 17:42   #4752
Senior - BHPian

Half Pants, Full Pants- Amazon Prime

This series is so relatable to 80s children specially. A bit of Malgudi Days vibe but from late-80s/early-90s. Almost every episode I was like damn, this is nostalgic. Its set in a small town/village of Karnataka but am sure any small town/village folk from across India can relate. Everyone has done a great job. Only issue is it was over very soon

Rating: 5/5

Jack Ryan S3- Amazon Prime

First two seasons were great. This one not so much. One time watch though. Being majorly based on Czech backdrop you see truckload of Skodas which look dope TBH. Even noticed a few Dusters.

Rating: 3/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th January 2023 at 17:44.
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 09:37   #4753
Distinguished - BHPian

A big fan of Tom Clancy and espionage based series or movies (but, a bigger fan of John Le Carre). I read most of their books.

While Tom thrives on American style of dramatics, LeCarre is more subtle and dwells towards realism.

Adaption of books to series/movies is always a tough job. But, Jack Ryan was successful in creating the same feeling as you get while reading their books. Unfortunately, LeCarre adaptions have failed to create any furor at the box office.

Lee Child and Jack Reacher was another excellent example of successful creation from book to big screen (Gosh, waiting with bated breath for S2. Anyone knows when it's gonna hit the OTT?)

I loved Jack Ryan S1 and S2.

Just started a refresher of S2 (Brilliant espionage stuff and lovely backdrop of Venezuela, Russia etc) before I transition to S3.

My query : While both S1 and S2 were thrilling. Is S3 of Jack Ryan, equally thrilling?

Problem with me, if the content is delicious, I don't devour it. I savor and enjoy it for a long time.
Old 8th January 2023, 10:20   #4754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

My query : While both S1 and S2 were thrilling. Is S3 of Jack Ryan, equally thrilling?
S3 is very entertaining and well-made. I don't immediately recall S1 and S2 to be able to compare with them, but S3 had me totally engrossed and there were no plot loopholes or anything to feel nonplussed about.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 13:39   #4755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Few ones I saw recently -

Ottoman
Didn't have much expectations from this one, but turned out to be really well.
Binge watched the 1st season (only 6 episodes), which was about the siege of COnstantinople by Mehmed II of the Ottoman empire. This is an enacted dcou-series, with narration and opinion by historians.
Rating - 9/10, must watch for people who like the genre

Ottoman Season 2 turned out to be even better than Season 1 - more gripping, more pacy, more twists, more drama
One of the best in the genre, not to be missed.
I would rate it 9.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A big fan of Tom Clancy and espionage based series or movies (but, a bigger fan of John Le Carre). I read most of their books.

Just started a refresher of S2 (Brilliant espionage stuff and lovely backdrop of Venezuela, Russia etc) before I transition to S3.

Problem with me, if the content is delicious, I don't devour it. I savor and enjoy it for a long time.
The short answer is NO.
I loved both S1 and S2 of Jack Ryan a lot, and was waiting for S3 for a long time.
Unfortunately, it turned out to be just average. I think the plot is good, but the screenplay lacks suspense, thrills, goosebumps moments.

Last edited by adimicra : 8th January 2023 at 13:49.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks