Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2023, 12:24   #4831
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

So glad to see The Last of Us getting all the good reviews. Seldom do movies made out of video games work. Can't wait for this season to wrap up so I can binge it over a weekend.

When I played the first title back in 2013, I was completely floored! Hadn't quite played anything like that before. You can read up on my experience that I had penned down in TE here (please factor in that I was just 26 when I posted that review + Unbanned under my user ID is a custom title). The sequel that came up 7 years later was insane - played out just like a movie and I took it real slow unlike the first one which I had completed in 2 days.

The other zombie apocalypse serial which I have been watching is The Walking Dead which has ended globally but the last season is yet to air on Netflix India. The last few seasons were watchable but I've got to give it a closure.

Fauda Season 3 was amazing - 4/5. Typical edge of the seat experience just like the previous 2 seasons but the finale was intense and absolutely nail biting! I think this season was clearly the best of the lot. Can't wait for the next one!

Wrapped up Farzi and would give it a 3.5/5. Vijay Sethupathi was clearly a miscast. I cringed every time the guy spoke Hindi. Nice easteregg linking this to The Family Man. Maybe the next season would have some from TFM?

Trial By Fire was good but slow paced. Would give it a 4/5. Will never be able to fathom what that family had to go through!

Spotted a LaFerrari on the door which is out of place for events happening in 1997:

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-1.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th February 2023 at 12:36.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 20:14   #4832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
So glad to see The Last of Us getting all the good reviews. Seldom do movies made out of video games work. Can't wait for this season to wrap up so I can binge it over a weekend.

When I played the first title back in 2013, I was completely floored! Hadn't quite played anything like that before. You can read up on my experience that I had penned down in TE here (please factor in that I was just 26 when I posted that review + Unbanned under my user ID is a custom title). The sequel that came up 7 years later was insane - played out just like a movie and I took it real slow unlike the first one which I had completed in 2 days.
I see you have posted your review of the first game on Jun 17, 2013 - the exact day I called in sick for my first playthrough . The impact that game had on me is such that I still remember the date, almost a decade later.

The opening sequence of The Last of Us (especially as a young father) was gut wrenching, and by the time I reached the ending at midnight or thereabouts, I was an emotional train wreck!

There’s mixed opinions about The Last of Us 2, but one thing is for sure, the developers made a conscious choice to take the story in an uneasy direction. And the first hour delivers a bigger gut punch, something I don’t think a sequel in any medium has managed to do in the history of entertainment!
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 21:29   #4833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Wrapped up Farzi and would give it a 3.5/5. Vijay Sethupathi was clearly a miscast. I cringed every time the guy spoke Hindi. Nice easteregg linking this to The Family Man. Maybe the next season would have some from TFM?
I loved his casting, and his Hindi was one of the reasons why. Every non-native Hindi speaker goes through the same journey when made (or forced) to speak Hindi, and it was very well portrayed. After all, not every government servant comes from the Hindi speaking areas. If you watch interviews of D. Sivanandhan, the Mumbai CP who broke the back of the underworld, his Hindi is very similar. And there's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion.
v1p3r is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 22:35   #4834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I loved his casting, and his Hindi was one of the reasons why. Every non-native Hindi speaker goes through the same journey when made (or forced) to speak Hindi, and it was very well portrayed. After all, not every government servant comes from the Hindi speaking areas. If you watch interviews of D. Sivanandhan, the Mumbai CP who broke the back of the underworld, his Hindi is very similar. And there's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion.
Off-Topic:

The great Mohanlal in the movie Company comes to my mind whenever I see someone from the south portraying a character in a Hindi speaking role. He was brilliant in that role and showed what a superlative actor he was. Vijay Sethupathi almost nailed the character in Farzi but it’s the screenplay which lets the series down.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:29   #4835
BHPian

OT, but then probably the best thread to get an answer. Casting Disney Hotstar to my TV, using Google Chromecast, has stopped working since last 1 week. Casting from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime is working fine. Is anyone else facing same problem with Hotstar Chromecast combo?
Old 1st March 2023, 17:43   #4836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Off-Topic:

The great Mohanlal in the movie Company comes to my mind whenever I see someone from the south portraying a character in a Hindi speaking role. He was brilliant in that role and showed what a superlative actor he was. Vijay Sethupathi almost nailed the character in Farzi but it’s the screenplay which lets the series down.
That's why I used Sivanandhan as an example. In Company, Mohanlal portrays Srinivasan, who is based on Sivanandhan.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:49   #4837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Thank you! Not just in Team-BHP but I've seen many negative comments online on Vijay's Hindi in Farzi. But what they fail to understand is what you've pointed out, there are a lot of Central sarkar folks from states such as in the south where Hindi isn't prevalent, so this just adds to the character profile and perhaps humor in some areas. The majority liked his casting though.
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 00:21   #4838
BHPian

Series: The Looming Tower
Platform: Prime

It's about all things that ultimately culminated in 9/11. It shows how despite having all the red flags, how various agencies failed to collaborate to nail those responsible despite all protocols being in place, all the bureaucracy, the turmoil in white house and how they paid the price for it.

I am yet to finish the series but I found it very gripping the way it's all put together and narrated and obviously the superb acting.

I would rate it a solid 4.5/5
ToThePoint is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 22:15   #4839
Senior - BHPian

The Final Season of Succession premieres March 26 on HBO Max.

Trailer

Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 15:39   #4840
Senior - BHPian

Came across this trailer for a documentary based on MH370 disappearance. Would be an interesting watch hopefully.

SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 16:36   #4841
BHPian

Gulmohar on Hotstar
Solid cast Sharmila Tagore, Amol Palekar and Manoj Bajpai.
It's a family drama, around relations, emotions, stigmas.
Manoj was brilliant in emotional scenes. I felt Sharmila and Amol are wasted. Watching Simran was a pleasant surprise.
I found the plot typical, noting new with the direction or story telling. Lots of cliches - Sexual orientation, parent children issues.
Character played by Amol isn't given a chance to justify unlike other characters and gets villified. I didn't find it fair.
And I totally didn't buy reasoning given for Sharmila's character shifting to Pondicherry. Found it too lame.

Rating 2.5/5

Lost on Hotstar
Watched it for Yami Gautam and Pankaj Kapoor.
But was disappointed.
Though cast and story is promising, direction is subpar, predictable. I got bored but somehow finished it.
Rating 1/5

Last edited by StepUP! : 5th March 2023 at 16:58.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 00:22   #4842
BHPian

Cunk on Earth - Philomena Cunk's epic landmark mockumentary on civilisation, tracing humanitykind's journey from prehistory to the present day.

Netflix Mockumentary
Rating 5/5

Highly recommended. Sadly, has just 5 episodes.
akshaymahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 15:03   #4843
Senior - BHPian

HBO Content Such As The Last of Us, Game of Thrones, Succession will Be Unavailable on Disney+ Hotstar From March 31.

Quote:
A report from last month suggested that the shake-up is in line with some restructuring and cost-cutting plans returning Disney CEO Bob Iger announced, which included the layoffs of 7,000 workers.
Quote:
With Succession's fourth and final season poised to drop on Disney+ Hotstar on March 26, it will be interesting to see how the company handles it. They could either release episode 1 and then shut down all HBO content, or avoid premiering the pilot altogether
With no more F1 and now HBO too moving away from Disney+ Hotstar, only Marvel and Star Wars content will remain on the platform. Its time to unsubscribe Hotstar for me.

https://www.gadgets360.com/entertain...hrones-3843306

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 8th March 2023 at 15:05.
RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 15:19   #4844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
HBO Content Such As The Last of Us, Game of Thrones, Succession will Be Unavailable on Disney+ Hotstar From March 31.
Regardless of the quality of the HBO content, I think D+HS has an obligation to retain the content till all the current subscriptions expire, as we would have subscribed based on the availability of such content and this is like pulling the rug from under our feet.
Old 8th March 2023, 15:36   #4845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Regardless of the quality of the HBO content, I think D+HS has an obligation to retain the content till all the current subscriptions expire, as we would have subscribed based on the availability of such content and this is like pulling the rug from under our feet.
If you open the link I shared, D+HS themselves have tweeted this. Except F1 I do not watch much content on D+HS. I too renewed D+HS just for F1 in Jan but F1 pulled out of D+HS, there is nothing I can do. I have complained and asked for refund but there is just one standard reply " We will try to resolve this issue soon"

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 8th March 2023 at 15:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks