Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 13:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Suffered a serious life-changing accident

Fawad, my prayers are there for your speedy recovery. While I was reading your story, I didn't expect the end to be terrible. It takes a lot of courage to pen this down here in this forum. Hats Off

We have read about many accidents due to driver's carelessness, your story should be an eye-opener for those careless people knowing the life-changing impact one would cause due to their actions.
vvivek85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:04   #17
BHPian

It's unbelievable almost. I am no expert but assuming that you are a strong and courageous person, you can still do almost everything. You just need to give yourself sometime.
On the action by administration I don't think there is any point left discussing.

May God give you strength to overcome this unfortunate life changing event!
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

Kudos to you; just being able to post about this here so soon after the incident is testament to your mental fortitude. Best wishes and good luck with the ongoing recovery.

Kudos also to your friends, for putting emotions aside in an obviously traumatic situation, and letting their medical training kick in. That probably made an existential difference in your favor.

You're very fortunate in a lot of ways. I hope that stays the theme for your recovery and post-recovery life.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

An FIR should be registered against the driver who was surely speeding. Was it a pvt road only used by the Hotel?
Old 12th December 2022, 15:08   #20
BHPian

My prayers and best wishes are with you. You had the courage to share this story and it appears you are staying positive. I hope you get to drive soon and live your passion for driving.

I don't know what else to say other than:

May God bless!
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:14   #21
BHPian

My Prayers for your speedy recovery.
Your courage and positive attitude for penning down the ordeal is exemplary.
I am sure that you will start going for your long drives very soon.

Last edited by arjungod : 12th December 2022 at 15:18. Reason: Spelling correction
arjungod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:33   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That is very sad, my friend! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you do many long drives and live to the fullest possible extent!
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:37   #23

Stay strong, Fawad. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
Babu R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Take care, wish you a speedy recovery. I hope you get to drive soon.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:57   #25
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My friend said some years ago that 'life is certainly uncertain'. You are happy and enjoying one moment and in the next few moments things change drastically. Luck might be cruel at times. But worry not my friend, for you are surrounded by amazing friends, family and support system. Admire your grit in sharing with fellow members. This alone has saved you from thinking negatively. Many experienced folks are sharing their stories and wishing you speedy recovery. Sometimes, we have to take life head on. Consider this as one such.

Ours is a crazy country where rules apply to only select few who can cough up the fine amount. Laws reserved to serve the elite and connected ones. In all this, you need to keep a calm mind and make your next move. So focus on recovery, be prepared to forgive & let go if the time and energy spent would not be proportional to outcome. Stay close to positive people. You being in a noble profession, goodwill will always protect you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery
HTC
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 16:03   #26
BHPian

I know it is a life changing injury which will stay with you for the rest of your life. I also feel for your family. Please do not lose hope because you are your families hope. I am sure that you will drive again and enjoy your drives. It might not be in your jeep, but some other automatic car, but long drives, for sure.
Wish you a speedy recovery!
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 16:52   #27
BHPian

It's terrible. I wish you a speedy recovery. What could have been a memorable event turned into a tragic life-changing nightmare. Kudos to your friends who acted in time and used their professional experience to save your life. I am sure the law will take its course and the guilty parties will be taken to the task.

I would like to encourage you to take up the changed circumstances of your life head on and tackle it. I know easier said than done, but have faith. You are a believer, you will come out of this. You don't have to give up your dream and your passion for long drives. You may have to switch to automatics, or make adjustments to the car. Things will work out.

Get well soon!
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 16:55   #28
BHPian

May you have enough strength to recover, both physically and emotionally! Technology today has advanced a lot. You will be able to drive/enjoy!

I also pray you get justice and the people responsible for this irresponsible act are brought to justice.

Last edited by OffRoadFun : 12th December 2022 at 17:22.
OffRoadFun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 17:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Let's see, how it goes from here.

What will happen to with my new Jeep Compass manual, which had the first long drive then. I am sure I would be able to drive again, but when, how, what car. Is my passion for long drives over.

I have not mentioned the actual name of the hotel, or the place as there is going to be legal process starting soon.

Finally I request you all to pray for me as I am sure only prayers saved me.

Drive safe.
Really sorry and horrified to read about your ordeal. Really glad that you pulled through from what was a life-threatening condition.

Take care of your health first, let the legal process take its own course. Don't worry about it too much for now.

It could be a lengthy rehabilitation process but I am in no doubt that You WOULD be able to drive again and follow your passion. Passion never dies, you just have to take a pause to regroup and rejuvenate before you are back on your feet again, literally, have faith.

Remember "Tough situations don't last but tough people do". You are one hell of a tough cookie to pull through that situation.

I would leave you with one quote:

“It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”— Doe Zantamata

Get well soon, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Best wishes,
- Someone who was bedridden for a week, less than a year ago, unable to walk for 3 months, was advised to not even think about his passion for running and instead just focus on walking by 5 different MDs, Orthopedics. I was advised to be ready for surgeries in near future and actually underwent surgery and am on ongoing medication. But, I decided to pursue my passion for running, no matter what the cost. Since then, I ran the highest Half Marathon in the world in Ladakh, ran the toughest city Half Marathon at Hyderabad, and the Ultra hill marathon in Satara all within one year. It seemed an impossible dream when bedridden but recently I ran a 10 k in 54 minutes and Half Marathon in 2 hours and 4 minutes !!

So, have Faith and with your determination, you would be able to overcome any obstacle, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 12th December 2022 at 17:19.
ScorpWarp is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 17:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

An FIR should be registered against the driver who was surely speeding. Was it a pvt road only used by the Hotel?
Not sure about the road status. It was on forest land .

Most Viewed