Team-BHP - Car seats for homes !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Car seats for homes !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/26021-car-seats-homes-2.html)

where can i get a pic of these rally rocker??

Your suggestions on making a 'car theme' living hall interirors are welcome. My current ideas....

1. place baleno/honda city seats for sofa
2. simple showcase but with a spot lights on a rotating center table (1 feet radius) and place a die-cast car model (which would be changed once in a month amongs 4-5 good car collection)
3. tentative - Place a Dash board from honda-civic-2007 just below the 42" plasma TV.

any other interesting ideas are welcome....

Sri,

KSRTC has alread jumped the gun before you! Check some areas in KSRTC (not BMTC) lounges and you'll find airplane seats from their luxury buses being deployed for junta seating.

Nice ideas guys.
I always wanted something like that in my house too. But did not get enough support from fellow family members.

Hope this link in interesting. This was displayed in Festival City in Dubai. The work was done by one student of an Univ in UAE.

The title of the thread reminds me of a top gear episode in which jc also wanted to sell the seats of his used Porsche as living room seats.
Now regarding ideas for such living room I think that lighting can be done by means of round overhead hanging beetle lights.the door knob could be the gearshift.Regarding the walls car posters would do a fine job along with other things like classic wheel covers of old mercs.Then you get these tyre and wheel clocks and the best of them all an attached garage with your living room.The garage would be in a glass enclosure so that you can watch your ride from your living room. This along with the bucket seats as chairs and the long hood of an American v8 engined car as the centerpiece would be nice.Add a rack containing auto catoluges of yesteryears and todays great cars along with car mags and books from around the world and there you have it the automobile -theme living room.

@paras211: This is what i saw in circuit city:

Buy the AK Designs Rocking Gaming Chair (400000) and other Chairs at circuitcity.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 494900)

crazydiablo, this chair surely rocks !!

damnit, i can't get them in b'lore :Frustrati

Long back, I had done collage on earthen pot with pics of cars torn out from car magazines and used as flower vase (flower vase was actually kept inside this pot). It had a huge response from many of our guests at home.
Sorry I dont have the pics now. Shall definetly post it next time I go home and provided that its still there. The pics must have faded though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak01 (Post 492031)
The sparco,recaro n bride seats are available for around 7000/seat in any colour you want.Wish i could buy one

Hello, Just a query!
The sparco/recaro/bride seats that are available;are they only the seat units to be fitted on the seat base (sliding mechanism) or are they complete units?
Also do they offer heaight adjustment/lumbar support as standard?

I was looking for a heightadjustment & lumbar support option for the co -passenger seat in the car.

Any help is appreciated!

i've always wanted to have a barbeque grill in my penthouse made out of an old fiat or conti's hood. somehow it never really got around

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak01 (Post 492031)
The sparco,recaro n bride seats are available for around 7000/seat in any colour you want.Wish i could buy one

hi speedfreak01

can u pls provide the details of where can i purchase these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri (Post 491317)
Hi Guys,

1. are these seats available for purchase?
2. has any one seen such seats used in any home as sofa?

Guess I am halfway there.

When I went to the US, the first "furniture" I got was a pair of front seats from a Toyota 4 Runner. Bought it at a garage sale for $20. It's 12+ years since and I still have them as my TV room furniture. The seats have height and lumbar adjustment in addition to the usual recline etc. Best fun is while watching F1 and WRC.

Only change I did was to tape some cloth over the metal mounting points so that it doesn't scratch my wood floor!

Gears,
Red-One.

My ideal office desk:D

Source:

http://modculture.typepad.com/photos...d/minidesk.jpg

dear friends,
a luxury bus seat - would make a good sofa - in my experience.
as a bus owner, i have a few seats in my home, converted to sofas. the only problem is that the iron rods, in the basement make scratches on the floor, when dragged.
the seats could be made to lie with the back side, on the walls, or some intrusion, so that they dont slide back.
an attached picture is what a single recliner seat would look like, in homes.

A Classy yet auto related chair !

And a center table to store my red wine !