Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
  Search this Thread
57,326 views
Old 18th July 2024, 19:26   #196
BHPian
 
Funny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 450
Thanked: 1,258 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

Facing a strange issue with the Axis Open app. I am not able to do the login process from the secure folder of the phone (Samsung). Although the Axis app and the Citi app used to work normally earlier from the secure folder itself. So now to use the Axis app, I will have to install it outside the secure folder which I did and the login went through. Not an ideal situation hence I have uninstalled the app now, will install it back after few days and see if anything gets changed/updated that fixes the issue. By the way, the issue I am facing is that it asks to send SMS to verify identity and after sending SMS the timer just goes by and I am redirected to the main page. Basically it's not able to move past the SIM verification stage, the same thing worked well outside the secure folder though.
Funny is offline  
Old 18th July 2024, 21:40   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,629
Thanked: 5,608 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Facing a strange issue with the Axis Open app. I am not able to do the login process from the secure folder of the phone (Samsung).
I think you have to grant the Secure Folder app all the permissions that the apps you choose to install within it require.

Last edited by binand : 18th July 2024 at 21:47.
binand is offline  
Old 18th July 2024, 22:03   #198
BHPian
 
Funny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 450
Thanked: 1,258 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think you have to grant the Secure Folder app all the permissions that the apps you choose to install within it require.
Already did that. The same app was working previously and now its not working probably after their migration update. Tried reinstalling and re-allowing all permissions within the secure folder but that too didn't work.
Funny is offline  
Old 19th July 2024, 08:30   #199
BHPian
 
saisree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: TN-11, AP-03
Posts: 949
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

After experiencing 15 years of simple banking this action yesterday gave me lot of pain

Citibank's exit from India-img_0153.png


I got transferred to Axis seamlessly but still. Time will take itís path.
saisree is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 09:47   #200
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 265 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

Folks, I used my Citibank Indian Oil card for a fuel transaction in an Indian Oil pump (as you can use in any IOCL outlet as per Axis terms and conditions unlike Citibank) on 16th Jul after migration.

I have not received fuel surcharge waiver and reward points as per their terms and conditions. Called Axis Customer Care and after long holds and speaking to multiple people finally got a complaint no. Customer care is pathetic, they were trying to give elusive answers rather than taking a compliant.

Please watch these if you are using Indian oil card for fuel purchase.
blorebuddy is offline  
Old 23rd July 2024, 10:16   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,489
Thanked: 2,832 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Citibank's exit from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post

Please watch these if you are using Indian oil card for fuel purchase.
I have stopped using the Citibank/Axis IOCL for fuel purchases now. Even before, their reward system kept changing and had some issues.

I switched to SBI BPCL Octane card. It has good cashback (around 7.5% IIRC including fuel surcharge) and if you have a BPCL petrol pump nearby makes a lot of sense.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 12:04   #202
BHPian
 
Gotham's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 193 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

After being a Citibank customer for close to 2 decades I've finally closed both my credit cards. The overall experience with Axis bank has been quite poor and no where close to how Citi handled customers.
Gotham is offline  
Old 24th July 2024, 13:15   #203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 32
Thanked: 136 Times
Re: Citibank's exit from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Folks, I used my Citibank Indian Oil card for a fuel transaction in an Indian Oil pump (as you can use in any IOCL outlet as per Axis terms and conditions unlike Citibank) on 16th Jul after migration.

I have not received fuel surcharge waiver and reward points as per their terms and conditions. Called Axis Customer Care and after long holds and speaking to multiple people finally got a complaint no. Customer care is pathetic, they were trying to give elusive answers rather than taking a compliant.

Please watch these if you are using Indian oil card for fuel purchase.
I guess they have applied the conditins of IndianOil Axis Bank Credit Card.

So as per thier terms and condition : " 1% fuel surcharge waiver of up to Rs. 50 per month on fuel spends of Rs. 400 to Rs. 4,000"
inner_roadster is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks