Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2023, 11:12   #151
BHPian

Re: US-based firm Hindenburg alleges Adanis are pulling the world's largest con in corporate history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Some Big 4 quality stories, I'm sure there are many many more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
I do not know what personal grudge you have against Big4s, I request you to read my post again, I did not sing praises on hiring practice of Big4s. I was just explaining the multiple redundancies that are present to catch hold of such accounting creativity.

Please understand the context in which I had written my first post. Also understand the context of this thread. Create a thread on Big4 mess ups and I will add many more quality unheard stories, the ones you won't find by using google search. Also Kindly read my 3rd post in this very same thread. I have quoted that for you, if it is too much effort. Everyone can provide "quality stories" about any industry which they are not a part of, thanks to the internet. If you are offended by my post I cannot help it. I was just quoting some good practices in my industry, little did I know that I do not have a freedom of doing such without offending someone somewhere.

As mentioned in my 3rd post, I can quote a list of Airline disasters, will you stop flying?
Siddarth_Ramani is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 11:18   #152
BHPian

Re: US-based firm Hindenburg alleges Adanis are pulling the world's largest con in corporate history

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Can you please explain how Tesla is a crony business? FYI, Tesla sold 1.3mn cars in 2022 - up over 40% compared to 2021 when the rest of the industry down significantly, they are expected to sell close to 2mn cars in 2023 which would make them as large as Mercedes/BMW on volumes alone, they have massive factories on three continents (America, Europe and China, they make 8 times more money per car compared to Toyota, in the last quarter they earned $24bn in revenue and $3.6bn in net income and is ever increasing.

Please do not believe everything the mainsteam financial media has to say about companies from an investment point of view, personal research goes a long way but even they never said Tesla was a crony or an illegitimate business and thus I want to understand from you, why do you think so?

P.S. I hold decent volume of Tesla stock
I said it was sheep fueled business. It went on to become a trillion dollar company because Musk used to show inaccurate depictions of fictious products. Where are the level 5 autonomous cars? Cybertruck anyone? Personal Robots?
They have no clear business advantage globally over any other manufacturer, if anything their global presence is a lot less. Trading at a P/E>200, please that bubble had to burst and it is open now.
All other trillion dollar companies on US stock exchange were present globally and had already changed the life of people, but this one was just being pushed out on hopium.
I did not follow mainstream media, I conducted my own research, created a thread over reddit/wsb where sheeps mocked me because I thought of shorting. The stock never went up after that day (around 9 months back after Bill Gates short position went public) and all those people left wsb with crushing losses
VaibhavShatna95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 12:42   #153
BHPian

US-based firm Hindenburg alleges Adanis are pulling the world's largest con in corporate history-adanient.jpg

As a thumb rule, share price should rise at not much steeply or more than 45 degrees otherwise it will be difficult to sustain at those prices. The science behind this rule is that, initially when business is small and growing, it can produce high margins and this small business can be greatly manageable. But when business becomes very huge, it gets difficult to produce very very high profit margins at such a large capital.

So it was clearly visible to stay away at these prices as price movement was not assuring.

And then, if rise is such a steep, correction will also definitely sharp.
S1200 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 12:51   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhavShatna95 View Post
I said it was sheep fueled business. It went on to become a trillion dollar company because Musk used to show inaccurate depictions of fictious products. Where are the level 5 autonomous cars? Cybertruck anyone? Personal Robots?
They have no clear business advantage globally over any other manufacturer, if anything their global presence is a lot less. Trading at a P/E>200, please that bubble had to burst and it is open now.
All other trillion dollar companies on US stock exchange were present globally and had already changed the life of people, but this one was just being pushed out on hopium.
I did not follow mainstream media, I conducted my own research, created a thread over reddit/wsb where sheeps mocked me because I thought of shorting. The stock never went up after that day (around 9 months back after Bill Gates short position went public) and all those people left wsb with crushing losses
Since this is an Adani thread, I would refrain from going wholly off the topic because there is lot of misinformation in your post largely due to ignorance. But let me make a few predictions while we are here - The fictitious Cybertruck will be here later this year and will be a category defining product. Just like fictitious Tesla Semi, which even people in the know said was not possible, is here and Cybertruck will use a lot of the technologies which debuted with Semi like megawatt fast charging, essential if you want to charge a relatively large battery quickly.

On autonomy, lets just say because it is a very very hard problem to solve and that no one has ever solved it, its very hard to estimate when it eventually will be. What I can say though is there's every chance Tesla will be the first one to crack it because they already have a fleet of millions of cars collecting training data for their neural engine. And in AI, data is king.

Tesla manufacturing is a pandora box that I wont open - just ask yourself if volume production is easy why can legacy car makers fully committed to EV's, such as VW, arent able to scale their production as quickly as Tesla inspite of spending billions more and coming up with average cars which neither have the performance, range, tech or safety of a Tesla while at the same time costing more. It shows up in sales as well - Tesla sold 1.3mn cars last year, this year they will do closer to 2mn (unless there is a force majeure event such as another pandemic or war etc) making more profit per car than legacy makers as well. Hardly the signs of a company with supposedly "no manufacturing advantage".

Tesla stock is a long term bet - it is not for short term stock market gamblers or people with a weak heart. I bought a lot of stock this month when it went down to $110 (bargain of the century if you ask me) and its now sitting now at $177. Lets check in after a few years.

I still dont however understand how Tesla is a crony or an illegitimate company though. How on earth does a crony, illegitimate fictitious company has the fourth and sixth highest selling car in the world and perhaps number 1 next year? But please do not answer it.

https://www.focus2move.com/world-car-market/

Last edited by extreme_torque : 29th January 2023 at 13:19.
extreme_torque is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 14:40   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytragopan View Post
Lady with apples is smiling in this poster but Adani is fooling Apple farmers here in Himachal. Compared to 2020, Adani Farm-Pik reduced procurement price of Apples by 14% in 2022.

Adani buys apples in 15-75rs/kg range and sell them to you guys in 300-400rs/ kg range.
I don't know about the first statement and that might be true but comparing 2022 prices with 2019 prices will give a better idea.

Regarding Shimla/Himachal apples, nobody buys them even at rs200. They were being sold at 100-150 some time back and now 150-200. These are regular good quality apples. Smaller and lower quality were/are cheaper than that. Other forum members please check and correct me if I'm wrong but here in Mumbai big basket and kisan connect, were/are providing those rates. For 300 bucks, I will prefer red delicious apples even over Kashmiri apples.

Please fact check before posting on public forums.
Tucker48 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 15:15   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1200 View Post
Attachment 2411584

As a thumb rule, share price should rise at not much steeply or more than 45 degrees otherwise it will be difficult to sustain at those prices. The science behind this rule is that,.
Could you share the science behind the 45 degree? In my opinion the angle is determined what units and scale you put on the Y- and X-axle. I can make this same graph showing any angle you like by changing the units and or scale.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (33) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 16:19   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker48 View Post
I don't know about the first statement and that might be true but comparing 2022 prices with 2019 prices will give a better idea.

Regarding Shimla/Himachal apples, nobody buys them even at rs200. They were being sold at 100-150 some time back and now 150-200. These are regular good quality apples. Smaller and lower quality were/are cheaper than that. Other forum members please check and correct me if I'm wrong but here in Mumbai big basket and kisan connect, were/are providing those rates. For 300 bucks, I will prefer red delicious apples even over Kashmiri apples.

Please fact check before posting on public forums.
Most good quality apples from Himachal are selling for Rs. 50 to Rs. 100 in retail for last 3-4 months here in Chandigarh.
gupta_chd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 16:59   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Tucker,
You're asking an apple farmer to fact check retail prices of the apples.

The 14% reduction in the procurement price:
https://thewire.in/rights/himachals-...ng-input-costs

Quote:
Regarding Shimla/Himachal apples, nobody buys them even at rs200. They were being sold at 100-150 some time back and now 150-200.
In 2011, Adani bought A-grade quality apples at Rs 65 per kg. A decade later, it is offering just Rs 7 more.*
On the other hand, there is clear evidence that apples procured by the company at a cheap rate from the farmers are sold in the retail market for Rs 250-300 per kg in off season.
https://thewire.in/agriculture/adani...e-prices-crash
trippytragopan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 17:43   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Could you share the science behind the 45 degree? In my opinion the angle is determined what units and scale you put on the Y- and X-axle. I can make this same graph showing any angle you like by changing the units and or scale.

Jeroen
Definitely sir, this method of measuring angle is not fool proof, as it will change as soon as we zoom in or zoom out.
Moreover, I don't know the correct method of it and still trying to figure it out (it would be of great help in my career to learn this here as this is the forum to learn greatest things of life, definitely including lovely people like you, sir).

And in this case, I did just reset the chart to see the gradient of price (without comfortable correction) along with logarithmic scale (although not in the attached chart).
Old 29th January 2023, 17:50   #160
Senior - BHPian

I was regularly buying decent quality Himachal apples in Chennai Supermarkets for about Rs 120 per kg. Second quality (smaller/assorted sized) ones were selling in sealed 1 kg bags for Rs 100.
Old 29th January 2023, 18:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I was regularly buying decent quality Himachal apples in Chennai Supermarkets for about Rs 120 per kg. Second quality (smaller/assorted sized) ones were selling in sealed 1 kg bags for Rs 100.
Regularly buy the same apples during March to June period and you'd know what I was talking about. You are quoting apple harvest season price.
Old 29th January 2023, 19:12   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytragopan View Post
Regularly buy the same apples during March to June period and you'd know what I was talking about. You are quoting apple harvest season price.
I respect your opinion and believe it. As a farmer you know more on the field facts than consumers at end of chain.

Dear members,
Please keep the thread focused on the topic at hand. We have been discussing everything under the sun from roads - ports - cooking oil to even apples now ( of-course, Adani has his finger into all pies ). Please come back to the topic of the report-corporate affairs - repercussions on the economy.
deetee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 20:01   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1200 View Post
Definitely sir, this method of measuring angle is not fool proof, as it will change as soon as we zoom in or zoom out.
Moreover, I don't know the correct method of it and still trying to figure it out (it would be of great help in my career to learn this here as this is the forum to learn greatest things of life, definitely including lovely people like you, sir).

And in this case, I did just reset the chart to see the gradient of price (without comfortable correction) along with logarithmic scale (although not in the attached chart).
Zooming in or zooming out doesn’t change the angle. Only the units/scale on the Y and X axe.

Trust me the angle is completely irrelevant. What might be relevant is how much a share price go up in a specific time frame compared to an earlier time frame.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 20:18   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
What might be relevant is how much a share price go up in a specific time frame compared to an earlier time frame.
There is anecdotal evidence that if a stock falls 50% to 60% plus within a week, then it will never recover. Lots of examples in Indian markets [Eg: Yes Bank (fraud), Gitanjali Gems (fraud), Jet Airways (bankruptcy), DHFL (fraud) etc]

Last edited by SmartCat : 29th January 2023 at 20:19.
SmartCat is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 21:43   #165
BHPian

Not sure whether this is shared earlier, Adani group has sent their response to BSE/NSE. I am attaching the file here. Will be relevant for ongoing discussion on this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Adani_Group_Response_to_Hindenburg_Report__1674925623.pdf (1.41 MB, 166 views)
C300 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks