Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Petition
I am IN 126 93.33%
I am NOT IN 9 6.67%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 01:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Petition: Mitsubishi, Please give Indians the 10th lancer coupled with better service

Its been 60 years since Independence, But HM still thinks it can throw at us whatever junk they can procure. Not anymore. We are free people and we have right to demand such good cars as the new civic and even better the latest lancer.

HM has realized the funda a bit late and have been pretty quick at launching the latest Montero and bringing in the latest outlander soon.

But what about the 10th generation lancer? I would put my money on it for sure if it is ever released.

Here is a petition for all team-bhp members to sign if they are interested in geting the latest generation lancer here in India in or before 2008.

Let's hope HM gives us a ear and eye.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TYPE "I AM IN" IN THE FIRST LINE. WRITE WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT IN ANOTHER PARAGRAPH. DONT WRITE I AM IN WHILE POSTING AGAIN.

@MODS: I have tried to use this as a medium to voice my opinion which I am sure many others also nurse. But if I am wrong please feel free to do the needful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ome-india.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ssan-gt-r.html

Last edited by devarshi84 : 11th July 2007 at 01:08.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

I AM IN.

Others are requested to please keep it straight and simple.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:12   #3
BHPian

I AM IN

cant wait to TD this 1
Old 11th July 2007, 01:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

I AM IN

But what if I was out?
Old 11th July 2007, 01:40   #5
BHPian

I am NOT IN.
I am NOT OUT.
I am perched high on the wall watching all this in amusement.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
I am perched high on the wall watching all this in amusement.
So am I!!

I think the more important question to ask is: Guys, do you think that HM/Mitsubishi India really gives a sh1t? If they did, they would've already introduced the latest Lancer considering that it's arch rival, the Civic is already here in its latest avatar while the Corolla is coming soon too.

They have completely destroyed the amazing brand image & loyalty they had created with customers of the Lancer with their service & policies. It'll be very hard to even get those people back to their fold now, especially considering what state HM/MI is in now.

If just offering a new car could work the Cedia would have been a resounding success but that is not so. So, just a new car won't help, they have to completely & I mean completely inside out revamp their whole strategy. Otherwise they can be assured their fate won't be much better than the PAL's & Peugeots in India.

That is my opinion of the current situation. I too would love to see them launch a latest car (Or SUV for that matter, for eg. the Outlander) and would be absolutely thrilled if the EVO ever made it here but if we look at it from a rational point of view, it ain't ever gonna happen if the current situation prevails.

Last edited by iraghava : 11th July 2007 at 01:51.
Old 11th July 2007, 02:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am in.

Mitsubishi please get a better partner then HM, they are doing no good to the good products which you have in your internation line up.

Please get a car which the common man would love like the Evo 10 and the Lancer 2008 and ya please with that MIVEC 150bhp, when Honda can offer Vtec why cant you offer MIVEC, we are not interested in SUV's costing the moon ------> Montero
Old 11th July 2007, 08:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am in

Mitsubishi should dump HM, get newer models and stop giving us anaemic engines like the ones it has right now. I have no idea why they are sleeping. They have awesome cars but they just dont treat India seriously. They better wake up soon.
Old 11th July 2007, 09:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please get a car which the common man would love like the Evo 10 and the Lancer 2008 and ya please with that MIVEC 150bhp,
An EVO 10 for the common man? That'l be the day. Hehe

Shan2nu
Old 11th July 2007, 09:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think instead of petition, the caption should read, 'warning !!! There will no car buyers by the time you decide to bring in something worthwhile. '
Old 11th July 2007, 10:29   #11
BANNED

Hm

I am in
The biggest strategic and marketing blunder mitsubishi did was joining hands with HM.
One example ,when the former HM marketing head Gupta(dont remember the initials) came to Geo Motors in cochin I met him and told that they need to definitely have more models and exiting engine options what he said baffled me..He said the Lancer has adequate power and no need for another one.Definitely they will not progress till guys like him are in control.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:17   #12
BHPian

I AM IN ...... of course!

1) Please bring the latest gen Lancer to India
2) Keep a decent price tag, i.e., within the Corolla/Civic range
3) If not a powerful variant, atleast bring in a kitted one a la the super-hit Lancer SFX
4) Better service network
5) And a more vocal ad campaign to make people aware of the real strenghts of the road car instead of printing WRC/Paris-Dakar photos/results.

I rest my case !
Old 11th July 2007, 11:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

50 people plus the SUper mods' nod and I guess we can start knocking on the media's door.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am in.

But I believe HM itself is not in :(

It is about time Mitsu itself comes to India and dumps HM as a partner. That will do Mitsu a lot more good.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Everyone who's voted "I AM IN", please go buy yourself a Lancer Cedia.
And come back and vote here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks