Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 18:44   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
if the loads being light had anything to do with the day/date.
Last week, Heathrow->Mumbai flight was practically empty. I think its due recession.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'm taking 2 flights today. i wonder if the loads being light had anything to do with the day/date.
Must be quite an airline that lightened your load Service with a smile?

I love Friday the 13th. I get to scare a lot of scaredy cats
Old 13th March 2009, 20:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Last month (Feb 2009) had a Friday the 13th too. I had planned to go to the airshow and had got my leave approved. I had to set my Out of Office and in that I mentioned, tongue firmly in cheek, that I'm taking the day off due to paraskavedekatriaphobia.

Lo and Behold I get a call in the afternoon from my Sr. Director asking me if I was ok and how I was handling it !!!! I get back to office on Monday and I see a mail from another manager with links on how to overcome phobias and basically sympathizing with me!!! Needless to say we all had a good laugh!!
Old 13th March 2009, 20:30   #79
BHPian

We have an active economic recession due to Friday the 13th???
Old 13th March 2009, 20:33   #80
BHPian

Woohoo friday the 13th has got me off from work post lunch. Today was definately a good day
Old 13th March 2009, 20:52   #81
BHPian

i hear about the whole scare of friday 13th.. almost a week back.i kinda forgot about it being all busy.
for me,it was a boring and jumpy day on the mix at the medical college.nothing unusual!!
i just hope its doesn't rain tonight and this broadband connection goes kaputt!!
other than that fear or more like mistrust on the KSEB (kerala state electricity board) who are scary cats seeing the rains and turn off the whole electricity!!!im all good to go...
Old 13th March 2009, 21:01   #82
BHPian

I am flying back home today!! keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully I will be seated next to a pretty woman who will be scared of this day...or atleast my flight would be mostly empty

My first english movie was named "Friday the 13th" and we saw it on Friday the 13th. All my friends(we were in 8th std then) were damn scared except me.Why?

Because I had broken my glasses that day so couldnt see much and since it was my first english movie so didnt understand much

Regards,
Old 13th March 2009, 23:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

Well i just realised it.lol.

Just came back from a rocking drifting session on the mussoorie roads on my safari.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:01   #84
BANNED

Hi. Just a reminder - do post your experiences for the day.

Old 14th November 2009, 00:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Another Friday the 13th!
Guess the phenomenon is catching up here in India as well. Traffic was very less today and my manager is also on leave

- Jag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
This is proving to be a good day for me again. My manager didn't turn up to office today as well!

- Jag
Was expecting my manager not to turn up today as well. He did, but just stayed in his cabin and left early. Looks like the guy is terrified of Friday the 13th

Btw, forum mall was unusually not crowded for a friday night. Not sure if its recession or superstition.

- Jag
Old 14th November 2009, 02:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Since then we dont take our cars out on Friday the 13th. I dont know if it's coincidence or what but all this was too much.
There are conflicting studies about the risk of accidents on Friday 13th. The Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics (CVS) on June 12, 2008, stated that "fewer accidents and reports of fire and theft occur when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday than on other Fridays, because people are preventatively more careful or just stay home.

Source Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Wow!!! This is what you call a word which can start a thread. Probably one of the longest words I read.
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word which refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano.

Source Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
It isn't so uncommon. Almost every year has one. In fact there are 2 Friday 13ths in 2009.
There are actually 3, today being the third. The next year to have 3 Friday the 13th is 2015. It is not possible for any year not to have at least one Friday the 13th.

Source Wikipedia

I have too much time on my hands.

Source This post

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 14th November 2009 at 03:03.
Old 14th November 2009, 03:08   #87
Team-BHP Support

I do not believe in superstitions but yes I did remind each and every people I met that today is Friday the 13th and that they should be very careful with whatever they do
Old 26th June 2012, 19:27   #88
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paraskavedekatriaphobia!!! (Friday the 13th)

"Paraskavedekatriaphobia. It's derived from the greek words for Friday, 13 and fear."

Wow never had heard such a word till I saw this post. Something new learnt today for sure!

Talking about the phobia, it seems like it does not affect me since do not keep a track of the Friday the 13th. Until and unless some one reminds and then it is - oh is it today

and thats all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks