Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 18:42   #91
BHPian

Re: Cheap & disappointing | Kia Carnival owner steals flower pots set up for G20 event

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A plant/flower pot in hindi: gamla. Plural: gamle.
Surprised to see KIA having Elon level humor!
Old 7th March 2023, 21:32   #92
BHPian

Re: Cheap & disappointing | Kia Carnival owner steals flower pots set up for G20 event

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I get irritated when people steal flowers from our bushes for "puja". I tell them not to steal and go buy them. Rituals does not give the entitlement to steal.
This is so rampant even with visiting parents in the US. Most homes have cameras, and the lurking around close to homes is unusual. In one instance, I followed the aunty to her home, flagged down her daughter and reminded her about this nefarious activity of her mom. I am a block captain of our neighborhood watch program. I just don't want a nut case to draw a gun to protect his "property ". We may have a cultural issue here, where few people think the life of a flower is complete when it reaches its spot in front of their favorite god/godess.

It is the responsibility of the younger generation to remind them that this is still theft.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 02:05   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
This act of lifting flower pots by this person seems like a mere “thoughtless action” to me where he was driving through that road, liked the flowers so picked them up, without using the thinking capability of who these flowers belong to or what purpose they serve. There was, most probably, no intention to steal.
Just going around and found a good thing worth appreciating, let us pick it up! This is not theft? Then what was Ravan doing and why do we celebrate his defeat?

When I was a child, whenever I used to bring something that was not mine, my mother used to ask me to give it back to the person from whom I took it. I told her that I found it lying on the ground, she used to tell me to keep it back. This is clarity!

I must admit that some of the things I brought were 'stolen' as per the definition. I took them from classmates and didn't return, thinking that they will forget. But, the next day, I had to return it back. I may have done it two three times, then I never brought something that was not mine. I am sure many of us had such mothers. I was quite surprised when I heared my wife saying the same words to my younger son recently when he brought something that was not his. He is in 1st standard.

Please be clear in your mind, what the person did was theft as per law (commonly called stealing).
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 06:56   #94

The person is arrested.

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...rgaon-8474359/
yogie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 20:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogie View Post
One person of the two is arrested. The younger guy is a popular and powerfully connected youtuber and he is roaming scot free.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 15:26   #96
BHPian

G20 and pots don't go well together. It's a BMW this time.

Old 21st March 2023, 07:06   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
G20 and pots don't go well together. It's a BMW this time.
The car has been confiscated and investigation is ongoing.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 09:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
The car has been confiscated and investigation is ongoing.
https://Youtu.be/Dklai69vTIQ
Looking at the video, it's clear they knew they were being recorded, but did it anyway. Publicity stunt or they were badly in need of plants.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 23:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A video of a couple stealing plants on Delhi-Mumbai Expressway near Dausa in Rajasthan is going viral on social media platforms. The incident was caught on the CCTV cameras installed on the Greenfield Expressway.

According to the information, on July 29 at 5.36 pm, near Aabhaneri Circle in Dausa district, a black Scorpio car stopped on the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway. Later, a man and a woman got out of the car and stole the plants placed alongside the road.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...150-2023-08-02
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks