Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Cheap & disappointing | Kia Carnival owner steals flower pots set up for G20 event

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=PJek3UYOzRc

This video is pure cringe and utterly embarrassing but must be shared to instill a fear of being called out for gross incompetence and sheer stupidity.
This is always painful to watch. Bali carries a beautiful culture of love and respect to all. Despicable to say the least that someone would do this and tarnish the image of an entire country.
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:57   #17
BHPian

Re: Cheap & disappointing | Kia Carnival owner steals flower pots set up for G20 event

Difficult to write all the truth about this case, will lead to racist comments. All I can say he is a property dealer in Gurgaon.
BhayanaV is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:58   #18
BHPian

On a lighter note... I have old Air India and Sahara airlines solid steel knifes in my kitchen cupboard. Wonder who "accidentally" brought them home. not me!
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:00   #19
BHPian

We oftentimes blame the lesser economically affluent parts of the society for a sordid state of affairs but this Kia owner is a rude awakening of how even the cream crowd of India reverses even simple beautification projects. As an Indian, I am extremely proud of how far we have come as a nation especially economically and financially, but there is no escaping the fact that civic sense and individual duties of citizens are non-existent. We have often spoken about the 'me first' attitude when it comes to driving in India but this is also very much existent in other parts of our lives as seen clearly in the video. We all have been guilty of this stinky attitude (myself included) but we can sure try a bit more.

In the coming years our financial strength as a nation is definitely set to increase but I believe we can truly make larger strides if everyone decides to practice a bit more empathy and niceness.

Thanks for creating this thread, much much needed.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:03   #20
BHPian

Money can buy everything but class. Hardly surprising, see this kind of acts every now and then. On the contrary, just wondering if thus guy has something against the government and did this to grab attention (which is accomplished) on an important occasion. Would be interesting if he comes forward with an explanation.
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Money can buy everything but class.
I've always said this. Status w.r.t money =/= behavior or sophistication. Crass mentalities will likely remain just that. It's a shame how Indians have an international image of scammers or frauds.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

It is absolutely not happening to do something like this.

As responsible citizens, I think we need to do, what GTO has done here. Share this news, or any similar news for that matter, to the maximum..

This will create an awareness and fear!
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:37   #23
BHPian

Carnival owner: My honey, you told me I wasnt good at bargaining. See what I bought for 100 Rs.

The last thing he saw was a chappathi roller flying toward him
Torque250 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:38   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Two people were in the video - the younger man who is a famous YouTuber (among other things) has not been arrested and only the other person has been hauled in.

https://www.businesstoday.in/visuals...519-01-03-2023
His [redacted] single-braincell fans are spamming utter garbage on every video that mentions him being involved with the theft

I wish someone would take down his channel. He's from that same drag racing cheap content groups (arun panwar and co.) in and around Gurgaon.
vredesbyrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:42   #25
BHPian

I'm not shocked by this behaviour, not in the slightest.

We have a few indoor plants in our office, which once a week placed just in front of our office doors so the plants can recieve some sunlight (indoor plants need sunlight only once a week for a few hours).

These plants and pots were promptly stolen by the residents of the very affluent gated apartment community nextdoor.

The residents of this affluent gated community have also stolen our office signboards, metal rods on which our signboards were placed (and sold for scrap, confirmed with the local scrap dealer), garbage bins which were placed outside, etc.

Reported this to the Home Owners Association of the apartment and they were lamenting the residents are stealing each others milk packets (delivered in the morning), newspapers, and other such petty items.
WD-42 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Often there's a sense of entitlement and a false feeling of self justification when such things are done. Glad to see that he has been caught and hope he realizes what he did was wrong instead of blaming everyone else and everything else.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:10   #27
BHPian

Unless harsh and justice is delivered swiftly by the authorities (here it was, but not in so many other such cases), I see a bigger problem here.

A lot of other people looking to get rich quickly, are already under the wrong delusion that such behaviour is the exact reason why they have become rich in the first place, and will be looking at them in a mixture of jealousy and awe. When a few rogues do such things and get away with it, the others start thinking that "I am a fool here, trying to be upright and honest - but that person has gotten away scotfree. Nobody seems to care, nobody seems to get caught, so I'll also do something like this next time".

Hence all the more reason to nip such things in the bud before it becomes a free for all.

Last edited by PearlJam : 2nd March 2023 at 11:12.
PearlJam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:25   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Based on my observation, it is likely that this person has a history of stealing and has gotten away with it in the past, whether in personal matters or similar incidents. This may be why they now feel comfortable stealing openly without any sense of shame.

Some people may develop an addiction to stealing, even if they have no genuine need for the items they take.
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:37   #29
BHPian

I can sort of understand if one is on his way to meet his girlfriend or wife and he suddenly remembers it would be good to give her a flower, and then stopping by to pick " a flower" for the missus. It is still bad by the way, even then you should just buy one from a florist than pick a flower growing in another house. But parking the car by the side, boot open, and taking entire pots of flowers? Just plain burglary.
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:03   #30
BHPian

Truth always makes us uncomfortable. To be honest, in India, it doesn't matter to which class someone belongs; people have justification for every wrongdoing. I am confident that his family can still justify his actions. One of the two people in the video could have said "no" to this loot, but the problem is that this corrupt mentality doesn't come to your mind until your whole family is corrupt, unless one individual is not mentally ill.

PS: Then we wonder why this mug is still chained even when Britishers were long gone

Cheap & disappointing | Kia Carnival owner steals flower pots set up for G20 event-whatsapp-image-20230302-11.47.45.jpeg

Last edited by GhostGrid : 2nd March 2023 at 12:28. Reason: Turth > Truth
GhostGrid is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed