Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 20:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
https://www.cibil.com - Check with them if you are listed!

Hey how do I get a login name and password to check my name?
Old 13th July 2007, 20:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Hey how do I get a login name and password to check my name?
Database is not accessible to us ordinary mortals.
The HDFCs of the world can write any **** about us, but we are supposed to take up the matter with HDFC even if they sent goons and do not respond to letters.
Beleive me, the SIBIL database is total bull****, filled up with references like what you have been through at HDFC.
IN my case, I checked my credit record through a DSA (sales agent for a home loan co) and I was horrified to find several adverse references, none of which I had any clue to. And I have not defaulted with any credit card, although I do have unresolved disputes on petty issues like improper levy of overdue interest, annual fees on surrendered cards, cards not received by me, cheques returned because it was not presented properly by the bank (funds available), etc
Old 13th July 2007, 20:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey Gopz , does the letter say that it the final payment for the settlement or it just a receipt of 17,250/-. Do have the letter of settlement given to you by the bank initially[ when you settled this first in 2005]. I you have that than you can go to consumer forum with this letter and file a case against HDFC bank, also please file an FIR in the nearest police station, before any action is taken by the goons or the bank.
Dinar, I do have the settlement letter with me. They promised that my name would be removed from the negative database and said that he will issue another letter the next day and since then he has been avoiding my calls and now someone else from the Bank says that it has not been promised to me.
Old 13th July 2007, 20:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You cannot be responsible for the Bank's mistakes. When the cheque did not get cleared (for their own fault), they are expected to write to you and take a substitute cheque - this they failed to do so. Therefore, you cannot be expected to pay any overdue interest.

Please write also to the Banking Ombudsman.
I wrote to the Banking Ombudsman with a CC to the person in HDFC bank who cheated me. So now they are threatening me that they willl spoil my career and also told me that they will send recovery agents (rowdies)
Old 13th July 2007, 21:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

File a police complaint against the Bank for threatening you. No one has the right to threaten an individual. And also include this in your mail to the banking ombudsman.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

If you have the letter then you should go ahead and consult a lawyer and file a case in consumer forum. Against HDFC, or else the bank will file one day and you'll have to answer to them. Mean time they'll keep on harassing you.
HDFC has a reputation harassing people for loans, credit cards, in fact for debit cards also[ annual fees, Q B]. so you should go head and take action fast.
My father has filed a case against them for not giving the loan account closer letter even after 6 month of last emi. And has charged fee for return of cheques [ against which the payment was made in advance by cash] to which he has receipts, and a letter was accepted by their manger stating that the EMI will be payed in advance in cash.
"Always be the first to seat on the chair and let the other party fight for that seat"
Old 14th July 2007, 02:06   #22
BHPian

The two best things you could probably do is:
a) Consult a lawyer at the earliest.
b) Gather evidence - anything from notices, letters etc. to pictures of the goondas, etc. Consult the lawyer also on perhaps tape-recording conversations you have with HDFC.
Old 14th July 2007, 03:51   #23
BHPian

Gopz, I understand the frustration you are going through. Imagine Supreme Court guidelines not being followed in our country so what else can we expect!!!

I would advise you to settle the matter with at most an FIR or any other method you deem fit but would NOT suggest you to go to a consumer court. It's a long drawn process in the consumer court as I have a case going on against a major cellphone manufacturer since last 1 year and no resolution in sight.

We also have an example of a fellow BHPian who had a case against Ford for his Fiesta. Though our fellow BHPian won the case it was certainly a long drawn process and requires a lot of patience. Do you have that much of time to leave your work and attend court dates or would you just send your lawyer and trust him with however he handles your case.

Also lawyers do not work for free(no offence to lawyers). Get your issue resolved outside the court as much as possible. Rest is your choice.

If you decide to file a case in consumer court please ask some fellow BHPians(ones who advised you to file a consumer case) to volunteer to attend a few court dates for you in your place.

Last edited by compenn : 14th July 2007 at 03:53.
Old 14th July 2007, 10:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

In addition to getting a lawyer,

1. Complain yet again to the banking Ombudsman about the harrassment that you are facing from the HDFC goons. Dont CC the HDFC person again in the complaint mail. Why should you give them advance warning?

2. Write to all the newspapers - Hopefully one of them will publish the story. You can even contact Sucheta Dalal. She writes financial articles in major newspapers Log In

You need to create so much ruckus that HDFC person will stay away from u.
Old 14th July 2007, 11:09   #25
BHPian

Well I don't think your options are limited to consumer court, considering that you can press criminal charges on them. So keep that in mind.

And seriously whatever you do, (writing to the ombudsman etc.) keep copies of everything, even the courier receipt. (And never ever ever give the bank / their agents any original documents).

When they say they are threatening you, do they do this over the phone or in person? (I am assuming they are not stupid enough to do it via letters!) Consider options of recording any such threats. (Again, consult a lawyer about this - preferably someone who comes recommended through a personal contact).
Old 14th July 2007, 16:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
And seriously whatever you do, (writing to the ombudsman etc.) keep copies of everything, even the courier receipt. (And never ever ever give the bank / their agents any original documents).

When they say they are threatening you, do they do this over the phone or in person? (I am assuming they are not stupid enough to do it via letters!) Consider options of recording any such threats. (Again, consult a lawyer about this - preferably someone who comes recommended through a personal contact).
Yes I do have copies of everything.

they threatened me on phone that they will file a false FIR against me and spoil my career and recovery agents will come to me and recover the money (I could read what they meant was rowdies)

He abused me using vulgar words and said that I can complain to RBI or anywhere else I want to, but they will also file a case against me and spoil my career.
Old 14th July 2007, 16:34   #27
BHPian

Dear GOPZ,

Don't be afraid of Recovery agents they cannot do anything except vulgar language...next time you get a call tell them that you have a lawyer and you are filing an fir against them. Take thier contact details & ask you lawyer to give a legal notice to the bank specifying that the bank is harresing you and you are suffering mental harresment and frustration.
Secondly,when the bank person call's you tell him to bring the NOC no objection certificate and them only settle the amount.The fact is you have paid the amount without taking NOC but no problem ask you lawyer to write in his legal notice that full and final settlement letter was communicated to you.If you would hav been in Delhi then i could have helped you in getting lawyer arranged...consult a lawyer.
Don't be afraid & in case they still give you threats consult the local police and you can also sue the bank in Consumer Court but these things would not happen they would give you noc after taking wome amount.
Old 14th July 2007, 16:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
https://www.cibil.com - Check with them if you are listed!

HOw??.. doesnt one need to have a members log-in to have access to this info??
Old 14th July 2007, 17:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Yes I do have copies of everything.

they threatened me on phone that they will file a false FIR against me and spoil my career and recovery agents will come to me and recover the money (I could read what they meant was rowdies)

He abused me using vulgar words and said that I can complain to RBI or anywhere else I want to, but they will also file a case against me and spoil my career.
Who is this chap??? How can he threaten u like that and get away with it? Can you publish his name here (Not sure if this is allowed under forum rules), so that other HDFC credit card customers are aware.
Old 15th July 2007, 10:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Who is this chap??? How can he threaten u like that and get away with it? Can you publish his name here (Not sure if this is allowed under forum rules), so that other HDFC credit card customers are aware.
I have the full name, email ID (HDFC email) and phone numbers of the HDFC people who threatened me like that. If Mod allows me, I can put up their names and details here.

I can also put up the copy of email that i sent to him and CC'd the RBI - if I am allowed to post it here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks