Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 16:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

If you remember, Steeroid posted a scoop about that One lac Car on Team-BHP and watermarked the image.
The picture found it's way out into the big bad internet and is still doing the rounds, but the Team-BHP is still on the picture.

Tush, I suggest you develop a simple semi-transparent watermark and flatten in with your spy pics.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

you can create watermarks using photoshop. What OD is doing is bad. I think you should casually mention it to Autocar - thye will have a whale of atime on this!
Old 16th July 2007, 18:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

thanks guys, i am trying to post this issue to overdrive forum but the link is showing error. i will never send spy pics to overdrive in future. even they took the 1 lakh car photo from tbhp and 'Ajj Tak' showcased it. because 'Ajj tak' get all auto news from 'Overdrive'

well tell me how to watermark images. i dont have photoshop. but i can download it. how can i watermark images using photoshop??

Last edited by tushky : 16th July 2007 at 18:11.
Old 16th July 2007, 18:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
hmmm...strange. i had sent a pic for the backsection (the funny section or woteva..)
the pic got posted along with my name too.. but then why not urs?that too twice! is it that they want to take all the credit?
because that section is for readers.. thats why..you are very lucky then
Old 16th July 2007, 18:55   #20
BANNED

Alternative to Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
well tell me how to watermark images. i dont have photoshop. but i can download it. how can i watermark images using photoshop??
As far as I know, photoshop cannot be downloaded just like that - in all probalities, you may be getting an unauthorised copy.
This is pretty easy using the command line on Linux - just see this link -
Shevin -Life and Ubuntu
But you can use Gimp - it free, and a windows version is available. You can search the web for the windows version, Once installed, read Learning GIMP - Part 2 - Working with text and watermarks. - Softpedia
Old 16th July 2007, 21:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Send them a scary legal notice and they sure will listen. If they don't (quite unlikely), you can get an order from court.
The picture I posted is from BRF and one of their pictures and article were directly lifted by Force Magazine which is pretty big defence magazine. They plagiarized the article, printed the picture and did not credit anyone! When confronted, they claimed they took the picture at the same time, same position, same angle!! Legal notices didn't work and a case is open now. I don't think OD is going to be scared by Tushky's legal notices, it will cost him a lot to hire a lawyer but wont cost OD a penny to ignore them. Even if he has the original, OD can claim that they took the pic on the same day.

Best thing to do is to hang on to the original and send a low resolution copy of the picture with watermark all over the subject such that it cannot be cloned out. Never send the high resolution one.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

noo, i dont want court cases and all that. it will be better that i should ignore this. now i will never send pics to overdrive . but just wanted to inform that Overdrive is very claver. they dont give credit to anyone. and this can be happen with you too.
p.s- i am going to post this topic on overdrive forum as well. then there will be real fun

thanks to all friends for your ideas. yes and next time i will watermark my images with tbhp.com.
Old 17th July 2007, 12:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey hey hey..... Team-bhp works . just got reply from Overdrive

Hi Tushar
We are extremely sorry that your mails have not been replied to. Please expect a reply to your queries in the next few days
Regards
Team OVERDRIVE

Last edited by tushky : 17th July 2007 at 12:52.
Old 17th July 2007, 12:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

Tushky you can use a simple program like irfanview for watermarking, no need to get something as complicated as photoshop.
Just google for free image watermarking software and you will find tonnes of links.
Old 17th July 2007, 12:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
google for free image watermarking software and you will find tonnes of links.
hey thanks. because my net takes too much time to download. i will use irfanview.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks