Team-BHP - 14 killed in van-bus crash on NH4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   14 killed in van-bus crash on NH4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/26390-14-killed-van-bus-crash-nh4.html)

In a head-on collision between a Tata Sumo and a private bus, 14 members of a family were killed on the spot and two seriously injured on Saturday midnight, when they were travelling on National Highway 4 near Katralkere Cross, about 11 km from Chitradurga city.
http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Jul162007/scroll2007071613156.asp?section=updatenews

Cant we avoid such a horrible accidents?.Most of such accidents

happening during night time .What is the route cause for

this.Neglect or not following rules or not proper sign boards on highway?.

Earlier there was a complaint that accidents are happening because

of single road now we have 4 lane roads but there is no

reduction in accidents its keep on increasing that too with such type :confused:

I too saw this news in TV, then checked calendar to realize it was Amavasya night (Saturday) felt so sorry about it. I feel TATA SUMO was over loaded and TV channels said it appeared mistake of private bus. Looking into the picture its horrible accident.

Interestignly we had Blre and chennai tbhp guys meeting on saturday. I am glad to read MCL post saying no any incident happened during this drive. Thanks GOD.

Regards,

Ravi.

May the souls of the people who lost their lives rest in peace

btw having 16 in a sumo is to much

PS the link is not working

It could be photographic illusion but the trees are behind the bus quite close which mean the bus is in right lane and sumo is not?

If the bus is indeed wrong, what can the sumo guy do? veer to the wrong lane and hope nothing else crashes on to him? Veer to left and fall into ditch/open land? Or just stop vehicle and hope impact of crash is minimised? All scary options...but perhaps veering left and leaving the road and crashing into some tree may have been the best option, provided the sumo is doing reasonable speed and is able to slow down a bit atleast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 501053)
I too saw this news in TV, then checked calendar to realize it was Amavasya night (Saturday) felt so sorry about it. ...

Why do you single out this new-moon day? Accidents happen on other days too. Also there were other vehicles on the same day which made their destinations correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggkg (Post 502189)
It could be photographic illusion but the trees are behind the bus quite close which mean the bus is in right lane and sumo is not?....

The background is very dark. I couldn't make out any trees. All I see is few hay-sack on the bus top.

Hello.....
@mods: Isnt this on the wrong forum? Could you please move to street experiences?

This is horrible accident Very sad.

Hi msdivy, I do agree your point and I know that, I travelled safely during amavasya day time, I don't trust accidents only happen during amvasya it can hapen any day.

According to Hindu astrology Amvasya is the day where people don't travel for long journey no new important work they would like to do.

Although I don't trust this tradition much I somehow feel our Hindu Pandits have made this based on their experience and there is some good scientific reason behind this.

Regards,

Ravi.

Sigh !! When will people learn !! I do not know what is the point of stuffing so may people in a small cramped SUV which can actually seat 5 or 6 ppl. Stuffing 16 ppl is calling for death itself !! I see cars here in Northern India with as many as 20 ppl inside in Sumo / Bolero.

The authorities should start taking notice of these things fast.

May those ppl's souls RIP.

It was a horrible accident!

Dont know why people travel at night?

May thier souls rest in peace.

Very tragic accident!

That is why I never drive in night on highways and advise the same to others too.

Indian Highways is a death trap during night!

travel in night or day if its destiny you simply cant avoid it.
May the souls RIP.

The irony is that they were all headed to visit a temple! Things like this certainly shake your faith.

i agree with vkochar - 16 people in a 10 seater. agreeded that there were 2 YOs etc, but endangering them also, is not correct.

Quote:

It could be photographic illusion but the trees are behind the bus quite close which mean the bus is in right lane and sumo is not?
its a huge stack of hay tied down - look carefully ad you will see that rope.

Looks like a high-speed collision. The front portion of the Sumo has gone straight through the bus. The rear seats of the Sumo look intact, but the impact must have thrown the passengers, killing them. Can't make out whether the bus was on the wrong side. But what is that little red light seen from under the bus, apparently on its left side? Seems like police put it there to warn oncoming traffic. If so there must be plenty of road on the left side of the bus.