Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 13:26   #16
BHPian

Re: The Prepaid Debit Card Thread

Please check out Niyo Card. The app is available on Android and iOS.

Documentation is all purely online.
The expenditures, limits and features can all be turned on/off and tuned instantly online on the app.

Additionally, the card can be used along with setting up UPI on the prepaid account!

No hidden charges at all. No annual charges. And the balance that is stored in the card earns monthly interest too.

Go enjoy!

Last edited by SamarthMehrotra : 27th March 2023 at 13:27.
SamarthMehrotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 14:25   #17
BHPian

HapPay Card from HDFC Bank. It's used by many companies to provide cash rewards or monthly advance payments for food expenses.
HooghlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 14:29   #18
BHPian

I use ICICI Pockets card. Comes with its own app and can be managed completely through the app. But can not be used internationally.
cryptarchy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 15:52   #19
BHPian

Feel free to check out Slice ! It's a free prepaid card which you can load money into and use it easily. They'll deliver the card to your doorstep FOC. The best part you get a minimum of 1% cashback of transaction except rent , fuel and insurance payments. Maximum cashback is 2%. I've been using this card since 2022 Jan and it's been great so far. Do check it out and see how it works out for you.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks guys! Will open a separate bank a/c...
Would request you to kindly have a word with your bank manager as opening new bank account will have following implications:-
Cost of opening
Minimum balance
Yearly fees
Nomination (not required if, only you are there)
Closing cost
Legal challenges regarding someone using you card (if account is yours)
Taxation ( will need to add to your income in IT return)
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:39   #21

Get an add-on Credit Card. I got two from Amex for my Father and Spouse, the cards were free of cost, and got Rs. 1500 Amazon vouchers for each of the cards as an added benefit. To apply I only had to email the copies of their Pan Cards and nothing else for KYC. I get all the alerts about spending on the cards, can set the limits online and the transactions are indicated separately in the statements. I don't know about other credit cards, but if they are as easy as Amex to get, I'll recommend going for add-on credit cards.
ravigupta000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 19:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Need to give someone a debit card for expenses, which I will top up on a monthly basis.

1. Any recommendations for prepaid debit cards?

2. Is there something that can be quickly applied for, online itself? Instead of filling paper forms & physical visits.

3. Would love email alerts for expenses.

4. No annual fees. Why would I pay someone to hold my money, and when they are making money off my transactions (aka merchant fees)?

5. Ability to set transaction limits (and thus reduce damage from fraud).

Thanks!
Have you checked ICICI? ICICI has couple of options for Prepaid cards. Pockets is one of them. More in this link - https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...s/prepaid-card
hardilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 01:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

You could try one card : https://getonecard.app/

It's a prepaid credit card that does everything you asked. Note: I'm not affiliated with it nor do I use it.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 08:31   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, thank you very much for all the advice! There's no problem that can't be solved when BHPians collaborate .

Checked out ICICI Pockets after reading your posts, downloaded it & registered. Physical KYC happening today so that the wallet amount is increased. This seems just perfect for my usage as they have expense tracking, UPI payments (from the wallet) and a physical debit card.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 09:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Need to give someone a debit card for expenses, which I will top up on a monthly basis.

1. Any recommendations for prepaid debit cards?

Thanks!
Try this, it appears to be the one you are looking for

https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...companion-card

ICICI Bank Companion Card
ICICI Bank offers a smart solution to manage your expenses, in the form of a Companion Card – Your payment buddy

The Companion Card is a reloadable prepaid card that can be used to conveniently manage expenses at the fingertip. This card is available in two variants, viz., Companion & Companion+ Cards. The card can be used for ATM cash withdrawals, POS transactions at merchant establishments & ecommerce purchases. The card comes with secured chip & PIN technology.

The Companion Card is the ideal alternative to traditional ways of managing funds, as it can keep a check and control on expenditures.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks