Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sahil,

> I am bringing this thread back up from it's grave - I am facing problems again !

Sorry to hear that!

> All computers are connected with the instruction given by trrk previously,
> but there is a major lag in speed.

Immediately after the changes you did report good speed. Were there any changes in your setup recently?

I don't have any any ideas right now. Hope somebody else can solve this for you.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Trrk - Yes there was an increase in speed with your setup compared to the mess before but it still wasn't as quick as the host. And now the lag has just been increase, the speed increase at times its very erratic.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:24   #18
BHPian

Sahil: You have mentioned that your modem is a modem and not a router! First, tell me what make and model is your modem. If your modem supports PPPoE mode, we can eliminate the need for a computer to share internet to the network clients and make the modem do it for you.
Old 30th January 2008, 14:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have an Airtel ADSL broadband connection at home. I share that over wireless LAN through Linksys WAG 200G Wireless ADSL modem+router. Excellent speeds and effortless connectivity.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Sumit - I am using tkd-318 which has 4 ports, previously i had just a regular dlink adsl router with single port. But since i have a voip phone i needed to connect that directly to the modem hence i changed over to the 4 port one.
SO what do u suggest i do?
Old 31st January 2008, 16:36   #21
BHPian

You can directly connect your modem to the network using the Ethernet port. Before this, refer to your modem's documentation and configure it for PPPoE mode. That way, your modem will directly connect to the internet and will take over the job of the current computer. This way we also ensure that there are no speed issues for any computer on the network.

PM me if you require detailed explanation.

Most Viewed