Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 19:17   #1
BHPian

Rat in the car !

Some of you must have experienced this.One day when I took out my car ( M800, usually parked in the portico. I take out the car, usually on weekends only) in the evening I noticed headlight was not working. Thinking that bulb must have fused, I parked the car back. Next day morning I noticed that the head light wires were neatly shredded into pieces. Did'nt understand how it happenned. Connected it back and sealed it with an insulation tape. Next day, noticed same problem. Then I realised it must be that god's vehicle RAT sitting inside my vehicle, chewing away all open wires. Rigged up a high frequency oscillator trying to scare away rats. Next day the oscillators battery wires were chewed up. Tried Rat posion. The rat poison remained untoched. Concluding that my technology innovations can not solve this problem, I took the car to the garage and explained the problem to them. They simply put an aluminium tube over the headlight wires. Problem solved. Now I do have periodic visits from Rats, but headlights are not disturbed.

Luckily rats have not found a way into the car. Any one has better ideas on avoiding rats ?
Old 18th July 2007, 07:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

It's a problem no doubt. You may get some ideas on do and do not here.

Mods note: Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks