Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 19:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

My C Language teacher Mrs. Sudha in Seshadripuram College. I finally understood C language perfectly when she taught me!

MCA Hod in PESIT. After screwing up in almost all the subjects in first two sems, he made me realize the mistake I was doing. Thanks to him, I got First Class Distinction in all the other four Sems.!
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Do you realise there are at least 2 moderators from this college? . I didn't have good experience with them, they were stressing too much on 98%, 99%, 99.5%, etc. I was the NCC under officer in 2nd PUC and they were constantly berating 1st year students for joining NCC.
I understand who one of the 2 moderators is Not sure of the other.
I very well understand what his dialogues would be to those not studying 8 hours a day!
"Pramod, 8 hours per day Odhlilla andre, Karnataka Map alli illadhe iruva Jaagadhalli Engineering maadthya" !
Sorry for narrating that in Kannada... In translation " If you dont study for 8 hours per day for 2nd PU exams, you will get a seat in an Engineering college in a location which isnt on the Karnataka map
Old 9th July 2012, 14:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Teachers who made a difference

I had a primary teacher at my school in Bombay when I was in my class 1-4 who was this very kind lady. She used to teach english and must say that the foundation laid then has come a long way for the rest of my life.

Also she had acquired a small portable computer from US back then which has some preinstalled educational games. Since I was one of her fond students, would let me play with it. Was really a cool thing to do!

Thank you teacher (or say miss)!
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 14:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Present -

Prof JP Singh -He is the best professor in IP University for Theory of Computations and Discrete Mathematics.

His style and method of teaching is great, he is very strict, punctual but inspire every student with his regular dose of inspirational stories from his own life.

Past -

Mrs. Shashi Bali, our geography teacher in school and my class teacher in 9th standard. She was the teacher who gave me the chance to become vice captain and captain in 11th and 12th standard respectively. Because of her I learnt how to take responsibilities, lead people and take initiatives.

Last edited by bluevolt : 22nd June 2013 at 14:46.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
GS Sundareshan (GSS) and KVG (Ganashyam) for Mathematics and Chemistry respectively. Both from National College Jayangar 7th block, for PUC. They were really responsible for my successful PU performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
, GSS.
Not a student of National College , but attneded KVG's and GSS tution classes . Will never forget KVG for the rest of my life . He is one man who can make chemistry interesting .
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:49   #36
Team-BHP Support

Mr Andrady (Mount St Mary's School) - A teacher that I can never forget, strict but always had the interest of the student in mind...

He passed away recently, may he RIP and may all teachers be like him...
Old 20th July 2013, 01:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Mr Vinay Kumar, Birla Sr Sec School, Pilani
Mr Santosh Tiwari, Goenka Public School, Lachhmangarh.

These two teachers are responsible for sparking the science bug in me and forcing me to take up engineering as they thought I would do something significant in this field.
I would like to thank both of them as what I am today, is only because of their decisions.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Anybody from Pune would surely have heard of Prof Hoshang Moogat. A legend in his own right, he's been teaching maths in the most amusing fashion for donkeys years. Infact my batch had 3 second generation students, plus I recently was tutored by one of his students, who's a grandmother! One of the finest gentlemen I have ever come across to date, this is one person where you can truly say, "there IS method to his madness!"

Anybody else here know him?
Came across this post when I was googling about Prof. Moogat. He passed away last week. RIP Prof Moogat. He really was an exceptionla Mathematics professor. Maths bacame so easy to even those who feared maths.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/27694240.cms
Old 28th May 2023, 04:47   #39
BHPian

Reviving an old thread: I know, we are months away from Teacher's Day (September 5).

My memories are from the early 1980s when Sorang Sir and Vedavalli Ma'am taught us.

Sorang Sir taught me that spoken English and written English are two different birds. Both can be correct grammatically, and both incorrect contextually.

And then he gave two samples: 1: Oxymoron;

2: True Lies.

Vedavalli Ma'am patted me on my head once and said: "You can do better, will you?"

I am still seeking an answer.

Some years later, she saw me consuming tobacco and asked me: "Enjoying life?"

I am still trying to answer that, in addition to the earlier query.

Just remembered my school days and the masters that moulded me so I can be who I am today.

Thank you all my teachers, in school, in college and later in life.

Thank you for teaching me that I live in a civilised world (not true in Pune, traffic-wise, but that is a different story)
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks