Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2023, 08:09   #16
BHPian

Re: HBO is back! Strikes deal with Reliance Jio Cinema

I used to watch the HBO box set series on the long haul flights, as many offered them.
The White Lotus was one of the first ones I watched and immediately started searching for HBO when I came back home.

Not that I actually got it, but have now kept HBO series reserved for the fortnightly flights.
On my last flight with SQ to Melbourne started The Staircase and loving every bit of it.
Old 1st May 2023, 22:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
A bit of a noob question - If I take a Jio Fibre + set top box connection which gives Netflix subscription also, can I watch Netflix on other devices?

How does it work for Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can use Netflix on other devices as well. You may be limited by the number of active screens at a time, but you can keep multiple devices logged in.

The included Prime subscription is a regular prime subscription, It is just billed along with your Fiber Plan.

I am not sure about your other queries.
umohan98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
A bit of a noob question - If I take a Jio Fibre + set top box connection which gives Netflix subscription also, can I watch Netflix on other devices? Do I have to cancel my current independent Netflix subscription or does it get migrated to Jio?

How does it work for Amazon Prime? Will i continue to get Amazon Prime discounts on my Amazon ICICI credit cards?
I have Airtel connection and i cancelled my Netflix connection and registered the Airtel freebie. Did this to maintain existing profiles and watch history.

Reckon these freebies from these providers will be linked to the mobile number you use to register for the service, so if you used a new number to register to Jio, and which currently isn't tied to a Netflix account, you are free to set that as a new account for this service.

As for Amazon, yes. The condition for this discounts is being a Prime member and using ICICI Amazon card.
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have Jio set top box for past 1 year, but have been unable to find live channels of Star Movies and Star Select Gold (or something similar sounding name of the channel, used to show less mainstream movies / world cinema) on any of the "apps" on the set top box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anivy View Post
The HBO and WB channels ceased broadcasting in India sometime around end of 2020. Only streaming option now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Booked a Jio Fibre connection + Set top box online at 11pm. Jio agent visited home by 12 and completed all formalities by 12:30pm.

Last edited by alpha1 : 2nd May 2023 at 13:00.
Old 3rd May 2023, 21:25   #20
BHPian

Any idea when HBO content will be available on Jio Cinema? Don't see any of the shows upon searching.
Old 4th May 2023, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Any idea when HBO content will be available on Jio Cinema? Don't see any of the shows upon searching.
I think (& this is pure conjecture), we'll see the entire HBO and additional content on JioCinema post the IPL.
Right now, viewers are hooked because of IPL. Once this is over, JioCinema will need some content to keep the viewers onboard.

Also, I think there will be a nominal subscribers fee (akin to Rs.2 per day or Rs. 599 per year, as rumored).

But have to give it to Jio. From ~45lakh viewers per match on Hotstar to nearly ~1.2cr on JioCinema is phenomenal.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 14:58   #22
BHPian

Jio Cinema has started showing some HBO original content. I can see Succession, House of Dragons, Barry and Perry Mason as of now.
Piyush_DT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 15:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
Jio Cinema has started showing some HBO original content. I can see Succession, House of Dragons, Barry and Perry Mason as of now.
You have to get the JioCinema Premium subscription now for 999/- to watch the HBO series. Use the mobile app to get it
Attached Thumbnails
HBO is back! Strikes deal with Reliance Jio Cinema-img_5697.jpeg  

Last edited by kap04 : 13th May 2023 at 15:15.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 13:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
You have to get the JioCinema Premium subscription now for 999/- to watch the HBO series. Use the mobile app to get it
I am seeing jiocinema in my subscription list in myjio app but still not able to watch premium content. Is jiocinema premium not available at all with subscription plan ?
Old 21st May 2023, 14:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Is jiocinema premium not available at all with subscription plan ?
The one in subscription is the regular one where you can watch free content only. Don't think any subscription as of now has premium content included. For it you need to subscribe separately.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks