Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 22:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi road rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
I experienced the infamous "Dilli Walla" roadrage first hand yesterday. Sharing here for the benefit of all the members.
I will advise you to just "IGNORE" these people. I know it is hard sometimes but for benefit of our self and our family it is better to shun ego and try to get out of the scene ASAP.

In Delhi/NCR you will easily find such people 24*7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Unless you have a gun, that is.
That is also not a good idea.

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th September 2011 at 22:11.
Old 24th September 2011, 22:10   #17
BHPian

really feel sorry for that guy. He was hardly 23 years old and recently married(as per news channel). How come someone murder people? Murderer should be hang.
kalpurja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:41   #18
BHPian

Road rage? - Not really

Not sure if it deserves a thread but couldn't find an appropriate thread.

Place: NH24 Mayur Vihar II signal, Delhi
Time: 6.30 pm (rush hour), Thrusday 19th July

On this broad road with several lanes full of vehicles with drivers trying to maneuver every which way, I was a mute witness to this. A Dezire's rear left wheel seemed to be almost in contact (in parallel) with a Fortuner's front right. Just as I noticed it, the Dezire moved a little right and ahead and stopped again. Fortuner's driver got out to take a look and apparently found nothing wrong and was about to get back into his seat when he changed his mind and walked up to the Dezire and I could see him saying something with aggressive gestures to the Dezire driver.

The moment after, both the front doors of Dezire opened and two guys came out and started beating up Fortuner's driver (who was in some kind of uniform, therefore easily recognised to be a 'driver'). It went on for some 30 seconds and then the two guys sat in their Dezire and drove away. I could see blood on the Fortuner driver's face. Fortuner owner got out and tried to console the driver. So did a couple others from other vehicles which had stopped. Someone poured a bottle of water over the driver's head who seemed grateful.

It was the Fortuner's driver who was giving vent to road rage. I dont know what made him go up to those guys after he found nothing on his own vehicle. Was it at owner's prompting, or was he just itching for a fight, or was it that driving a Fortuner had distorted his perspective. The Dezire guys were very cool and it just seemed a good opportunity for them to excercise their violent instinct. I doubt they would have behaved the same way if it was the owner rather than the driver who approached them. What do you say, or do, when you are a mute witness to such happenings on the road?
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road rage? - Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
What do you say, or do, when you are a mute witness to such happenings on the road?
Note down the registration no of both vehicles, call up 100 and explain with a clear conclusion as to who was wrong!!
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:34   #20
BHPian

Re: Road rage? - Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Note down the registration no of both vehicles, call up 100 and explain with a clear conclusion as to who was wrong!!
Yes, one could do that. I was so engrossed in the happenings that I did not notice any number plates. Do you think the police would take any action unless the affected party chooses to lodge a complain?
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:53   #21
BHPian

Jhaji
Panky12345 is right.
For an outsider to get involved can be disastrous.
In Bombay a couple of months back Sanjay Jaiswal(NRI on a visit)tried to help a driver who was being beaten by a drunk driver(he was in the wrong as he came out of a lane).
The drunk driver picked a baseball bat and hit Jaiswal on the head who had to be hospitalised in a serious condition.Last I heard he was still recuperating.
Wonder who paid the hospital bills.Also he must have suffered a business loss due his non attendance.
A thought:If the fortuner had 3/4 tough guys in it would the dezire driver have guts to take them on.Also he might have requested him not to get too close.Nobody likes a scratch
Regards
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77
Jhaji
Panky12345 is right.
For an outsider to get involved can be disastrous.
In Bombay a couple of months back Sanjay Jaiswal(NRI on a visit)tried to help a driver who was being beaten by a drunk driver(he was in the wrong as he came out of a lane).
The drunk driver picked a baseball bat and hit Jaiswal on the head who had to be hospitalised in a serious condition.Last I heard he was still recuperating.
Wonder who paid the hospital bills.Also he must have suffered a business loss due his non attendance.
A thought:If the fortuner had 3/4 tough guys in it would the dezire driver have guts to take them on.Also he might have requested him not to get too close.Nobody likes a scratch
Regards
From Jhaji's account itseems the driver was gesturing. And his request may not sound as pleasant as an educated gentleman's request. This couldve been the spark to ignite the fire among the Dzrie guys.

Whenever on the road please avoid using finger signs or gestures. People may misunderstand and take it wrongly as it has happened so many times.

The way to get involved for an outsider is to note down both numbers and then let the police know about the incident. It is upto them whether or not to take action.

Here the driver got his just desserts i feel. He shouldve got back to his vehicle after seeing not a scratch. Many a times chaffeurs tend to badmouth people and many times they escape without being touched.

Going by the reaction of the dezire guys, they wouldve done the same if a bunch of people came out of the fortuner. Even though i dont justify such violence, these things have been going on far too long and i still feel the driver shouldve just got back into the car rather than argue. Ive said N number of times in my posts, that one may never know who may come out of the vehicle. He may even have a gun which is commonplace in NCR.

To avoid road rage, stay within the vehicle with windows closed. And never get out of the vehicle when you are being threatened by someone. You may think you can easily take on the guy, but the guy may have so much of core strength than you have and end up overpowering you and leaving you with bruises.

Please avoid road rage friends. Stay safe and drive home to your families in one piece. Its not worth it getting your jaw broken for 200 300rs of hammering and tinkering work.

Cheers. Drive safe.
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Right now, my job is such that I have to drive to A'bad almost daily. Today while returning, near Vishala, my car stalled. Now, Baleno has been behaving erratically on CNG from Day 1 of conversion. Got sparks replaced, stepper motor replaced, but car still jerks and stalls a lot.

Car stalled at Vishala junction ( where 132 feet road ends ). Lots of honking, I started the car again and this time with aggression applied throttle. Result was wheelspin ( in CNG mode! ) and a bit of tyre noise. Two guys ahead of me on a bike got scared. I was not in their lane and quite ahead of me. But they decided to follow me. After 50 mtrs. or so, they ask my friend ( sitting in front co-passenger seat ) to roll window down. We thought they needed help, so he rolled down window.

Biker : Want a RACE ?
Me : ( with anger flowing from my face ) What ?
Biker : How do you drive ?
Me : What went wrong ?
my frined : Its CNG, and car does not work properly in CNG.
Biker : You will kill somebody just for your CNG ?

I realized that this was a very very sensitive place and those guys were pure losers, so rolled up the window from my side control and then drove off. Those guys were not even wearing a helmet.

I really controlled my anger, drove at 140 on E-way, things were better and my mind in better state. But there a way too many losers ( and they dont deserve anything ) around to raise trouble. Had I argued, considering the area, may be the car would be burnt and what not. I really wish this country improves, else we wont be able to even survive due to these losers and goons.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:01   #24
BHPian

Road Rage Claims Life in New Delhi

Road Rage itself is atrocious and people commit murder for this? Where are we heading to brothers?

More on this link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/38825969.cms
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:40   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road Rage Claims Life in New Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Road Rage itself is atrocious and people commit murder for this? Where are we heading to brothers?

More on this link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/38825969.cms
The HT report says the verna guys were drunk as well.
Typical delhi drunks, I am ashamed to say. Have to prove who has brass ones especially after drinking.
We seriously need harsh laws about alcohol in any quantity and getting behind the wheel. We've become an irresponsible nation as far as drinking goes, so there's no justification of "I dont drink and drive!".

Just yesterday, i caught on video a guy in an SX4, merrily high, rear bumper already ripped maybe about 10 minutes ago, driving along the outer ring road, passing straight infront of DRDO, of all places. Hammered, and no checks!!
Shameful.

Let these guys be made an example of, in expletive manner, I feel.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:56   #26
Mik
BHPian

Too many stories abound in Delhi-NCR about run-ins with drunk guys in cars and bikes. Just recently a close friend of mine was beaten badly. Reason - he got down from his car when an Activa coming from the wrong side banged against his car. He asked for the well being of the drunk guys on the scooter. In a flash, their friends arrived and without saying anything - beat my friend up. Luckily he read the situation well and didn't fight back and kept asking the injured that he was trying to help them.
A fractured nose, bruised ego and a couple of days off from office - a small price to pay in Gurgaon.
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:37   #27
BANNED

I now drive everyday in Delhi (Dwarka to Noida and back) and I do see a lot of road rage. One thing I have noticed is that people like to unnecessarily vent frustation on me? like they constantly honk for nothing and when i let them pass, they give me the looks as if I have committed a crime or something. It really boils my blood when I experience this. What can I do otherwise?
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
I now drive everyday in Delhi (Dwarka to Noida and back) and I do see a lot of road rage. One thing I have noticed is that people like to unnecessarily vent frustation on me? like they constantly honk for nothing and when i let them pass, they give me the looks as if I have committed a crime or something. It really boils my blood when I experience this. What can I do otherwise?
See, the only problem is the attitude. You have got a sticker/decal well people think you are obviously in a mood to race all the time. Lately I have just started enjoying this by revving hard and scaring people. But, that ended in a bad time too some days back when one guy had hit me hard for doing this saying I was showing off. "Gurgaon Logics"
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:58   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
See, the only problem is the attitude. You have got a sticker/decal well people think you are obviously in a mood to race all the time. Lately I have just started enjoying this by revving hard and scaring people. But, that ended in a bad time too some days back when one guy had hit me hard for doing this saying I was showing off. "Gurgaon Logics"
Utsav, I drive the Polo which has got no stickers whatsoever. The Ertiga only has the stickers. Though I was thinking of sticking some stickers on Polo, I guess that goes for a toss.

Though I must confess, an Altis was bugging me with his horn the whole Palam flyover and as soon as he came in front, I bugged the hell out of him with the typical VW horn and made him realize his mistake.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:29   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
...like they constantly honk for nothing and when i let them pass, they give me the looks as if I have committed a crime or something. It really boils my blood when I experience this. What can I do otherwise?
1. Play good soft music, loud enough that external noise can NOT irritate you. The soft music also will help you NOT to lose your cool.

2. Never make eye contact with those morons (when they overtake). You start flaming when they irritate you; so avoid that part.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks