Team-BHP - Delhi road rage
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Delhi road rage (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/26525-delhi-road-rage.html)

This thread is in reference to a shocking road rage which resulted in the murder of a person at saket.(delhi)

As citizens of the country we are ought to react against such incidence. After seeing the news on T.V. , I was hoping that somebody from delhi will be opening a thread against such brutalities.

Not only in delhi every place is vulnerable to such atrocities as people are becoming more selfish and unjust. It all happened with a minor accident but ultimately it resulted in a murder of an innocent man.

Why cant team-bhp members stand against road rage and campaign in the capital city. We all are eager to conduct unnecessary meetings and drives, if we dont act today it will be our turn tomorrow. Many road users are forgetting the basic road manners. I hope all bhpians will conceive this in right spirit.

well said.. not only in delhi, but off late such cases have been happenin all over the country.

b/w, the topic was taken up today at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/503791-post23.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia (Post 504161)
well said.. not only in delhi, but off late such cases have been happenin all over the country.

and abroad, read about the texas parking lot massacre.

Sorry Swathyd, I'm not sure what do you mean by we should react!! Actually speaking I feel this reaction is what caused this stuff. Finally everything is in control of the person itself, it's just that he has to control his ego/anger/frustration whatever. Just check this thread, I love it, coz it explains it all..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...road-rage.html

I did nt mean to have a violent reaction at all. Only thing i expected is to organise some event on behalf of team-bhp either with GOVT or N.G.O support . And by posting this thread wanted bhpians to discuss this issue as it has got something we should be aware of. We here discuss many things and this is something which is pertinent to everyone using our roads. These kind of incidents go unattended in the sense as

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laxminarayan (Post 504285)
Sorry Swathyd, I'm not sure what do you mean by we should react!! Actually speaking I feel this reaction is what caused this stuff. Finally everything is in control of the person itself, it's just that he has to control his ego/anger/frustration whatever. Just check this thread, I love it, coz it explains it all..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...road-rage.html

Kindly read the thread properly. Nowhere i have asked to react by violence . It is clearly emphazised that how we should react, and campaigning peacefuly certainly doesnt fall under the category of 'reaction' you meant.

Road rage is a major issue when it comes to driving on any street. It could come at you in any way, so the wisest way is to remain passive,and take evasive action when needed to.

Since these issues are reported in the newspapers, isn't only right for the concerned newspaper/TV channel to add a line from its side ' The pubic is strictly warned to stay away from road rage'.. or ' Please do not let road rage get the better of you. If in an incident, stay calm & try to get the police to sort things out. Do not take law into your hands'..

I'm sure it won't hurt the newspaper/TV channel to increase awareness by spreading the word; it'll only help stop such incidents and save lives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swathyd (Post 504152)
This thread is in reference to a shocking road rage which resulted in the murder of a person at saket.(delhi)

As citizens of the country we are ought to react against such incidence.

Hello SwathyD,

I meant no offence at all sorry:. Reacting to these kind of events trigger more trouble unnecessary was what I meant. Forget about violent reaction, thinking of reacting is also highly disturbing when you think of it, my only suggestion was, when it's happened, what's the point in reacting against it (and never did I mention of violent reaction as well). If everyone understands and keep their mind in control and let go off it, these incidents would be minimal. Keeping cool is ofcourse difficult, at times this is valuable.

Its ok , whatever I write was with good intention. We can do contribute something in making drivers and road users more humane. They should understand the value of life. Thus we can have some control over these
occurrences . Thats what I intend by 'reacting' on it. And I believe it will have a positive effect on road rage .

Re-invoking this thread, for reason below:
ePaper Lite - Times of India Publications

-------------------------------------------------
Ex-cricketer bashed up on e-way

Was Driving Home To Gurgaon,Overtook Cars At Toll Plaza

[SIZE=1]Dwaipayan Ghosh TNN [/SIZE]

New Delhi: Former cricketer Atul Wassan became the latest victim of road rage while he was driving home to Gurgaon on Wednesday.
The incident occurred on the Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway toll plaza when the cricketer had stopped to pay toll.What triggered the outrage was the fact that Wassan,driving in his BMW,had overtaken two Haryana government vehicles,allegedly from the wrong side.
At least two men forced Wassan out of his car and then beat him black and blue.The former player,now a renowned television commentator,was admitted in the Safdarjung Hospital where cops took his MLC report.
However,it is unclear yet if the Delhi cops or Haryana Police will handle the case.Sources said the accused were all OSDs of a top Haryana minister and this could make the matter somewhat complicated.
However,cops of both the states have neither confirmed nor denied the issue.
We have accepted the cricketers complaint at the Vasant Kunj south police station.But the incident occurred on Haryana land,so the case has been transferred to the Haryana Police, said a top south district police officer.Wassan told TOI that he had returned from overseas and met some close friends for dinner in Delhi.
He was returning home around 1.30am when he came across an Ambassador with a blue beacon,followed by a Gypsy.The stretch from Shiv Murthi was full of trucks waiting to cross the toll plaza.
I overtook the two cars while trying to overtake the trucks;but by the time I reached the toll gate,they caught up with me.Five men got out of the Gypsy and surrounded me.I had not locked my car,so they forced me out and started hitting me.There were over 50 policemen there,but no one dared to interfere;even drivers of other vehicles chose to ignore, said Wassan,adding he almost lost consciousness.
I somehow pulled myself up and reached home,which was only a five-minute drive from the spot.
My wife called a doctor and he applied ice to lessen my pain.I was prescribed pain killers.I informed the police on Thursday after which my MLC was done, said Wassan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didnt want to start a new one off, but really wanted to share this.
Why?
Because this is a daily route for me.
And, the amount of hodge-podge, and the angst of drivers getting into lanes has to be seen to be believed.

The lanes, numerous, start about a 100 metres from the booths, but the whole lot of people trying to get into these starts about 300 metres from the booths.
By the time people get to the lanes, theres about 3 cars abreast trying to get into one lane.
Most of the times it is very nerve wracking.
If you dont move, youll NEVER get to the booth.
If you move, you may scrape your car.
If you scrape, you may get beaten up, maybe shot.

There's been an incident earlier where a young man jumped out of his car, waved a gun at all the traffic, stopped them and went through!!

As for todays's entertainment(above), this guy, wassan, got has media clout, what about people who dont have it?

Seriously, I start feeling despondent as soon as i approach the toll booth.
This is not against the state as such, but just that the whole thing is so mismanaged.
New money, no civic sense.
New power, untrollable goons!!

Imagine, a person in an m3 rolling down his windows and amply abusing an old gent on a scooter with the choicest of expletives!!

I've seen it, and i swear to god, the uncleji went into such shellshock, i thought he would have a coronary.

For a millenium city, i think they specified the wrong millenium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2439784)
Re-invoking this thread, for reason below:
ePaper Lite - Times of India Publications

-------------------------------------------------

New money, no civic sense.
New power, untrollable goons!!

Imagine, a person in an m3 rolling down his windows and amply abusing an old gent on a scooter with the choicest of expletives!!

I've seen it, and i swear to god, the uncleji went into such shellshock, i thought he would have a coronary.

For a millenium city, i think they specified the wrong millenium.

What colour was the M3 and what was the number.

True say; money can't buy class and manners. It's an absolute shame.

Anyway, Darwin's Theory is applied everywhere. Survival of the fittest. Ain't no popo or govt gonna save you. You need to make your own moves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 2439840)
What colour was the M3 and what was the number.

True say; money can't buy class and manners. It's an absolute shame.

Anyway, Darwin's Theory is applied everywhere. Survival of the fittest. Ain't no popo or govt gonna save you. You need to make your own moves.

was a black/dark blue(?) one, had HR plates, didnt think i would be asked for the number ever..:)

True about money and manners.
Seen it too often now.
as for the politically inclined vehicles(you know what i mean), I always assume that the occupants tongues were soaked in the gutter for quite some time, and give them a WIIIIIDE berth.

I experienced the infamous "Dilli Walla" roadrage first hand yesterday. Sharing here for the benefit of all the members.

I was with my wife and brother-in-law were driving in Indirapuram(Ghaziabad), there was bumper to bumper traffic and a guy in a Scorpio was honking like mad. We even gestured at him about the traffic in front and still he kept on honking. My brother-in-law was driving and he looked into the rear view miror only to realise that the guy was gesturing to him with the "up yours" finger sign to which my bro-in-law promptly reciprocated (it was wrong but was done in the flow of emotions).

Again some in the car lip syncs happened from both sides and as the traffic moved ahead to a no more jam location. The guy overtook us, came to a halt, came out of the Scorpio. We both (me and my brother-in-law) too came out. We thought that we will argue and ask him why he was honking like mad, but to our surprise this chap reached the rear door of the scorpio and took out a baseball bat!! and came gesturing towards by bro-in-law to hit.
Seeing this I totally lost my cool and went right upto him, held his hand. By then his wife came out accusing us of using abusive language (which we didn't). A lot of argument happened.
Then this chap started dialling numbers showing off that he is calling goons to get us beaten up. To which I told him that I will right away call the cops and lodge a complain on that he was threatening us with a "weapon". His wife being more sensible took the bat and kept it back in the scorpio. A few more argument and we thought to move ahead because there was no point wasting our Sunday evening due to a moron. Later in the evening we all had a good laugh that a small issue was uselessly getting escalated for no reason. This could have ended worse, had anyone of us would have physically assualted the other.

Our mistake - We should have not responded to his gestures, should have ignored and moved ahead. You cannot change such morons, who due to this habit will get themselves killed one day, because criminals/rowdy elements (specially in UP - I am from UP and know it pretty well) will not think twice before shooting/hitting/beating in such a scenario.

Moron's mistake - Useless honking even after seeing that the entire lane was moving in a bumper to bumper traffic, picking up a fight and then taking out a baseball bat to threaten us.

The entire issue was de-escalated due to the presence of the better halves on both the sides,

I will never understand why people honk in a slow moving traffic. There has to be a reason why the traffic is moving slow or jammed. No one moves slow on purpose.

rajat,

good you didnt try being a hero:
22-yr-old toll collector shot dead in Gurgaon for just Rs 27 - Hindustan Times
Expressway toll collector killed over Rs 27 - Indian Express

all over in 10 seconds. What will calling the cops help.

Its best to stay quiet in the heat of the moment. Unless you have a gun, that is.

The comments of the Toll manager were silly. Camera position was silly.

BTW most of the toll collector that i have encountered are rude, except those in Gujarat. But that does not means they should be shot.

a shocking incident indeed.