Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 03:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

No, a 2-door is hard to come by. But a 4 door is just as good looking. Personally, I feel a car should have a boot.

Imagine this with a snazzy paint job, some nice rims, and 200 hp. It could probably be done under 6.5 too.

Old 23rd July 2007, 10:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi
Nitrous, 200 horses in one beast which is not capable of utilizing them is useless compared to a 150 horses beast which makes the best out of it.
So, u don't know about the civic im talking about.
The civic is the most modded car on the planet.
500 bhp civics are not uncommon.
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Guys, if there is a Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia available anywhere do lemme know. Colour n reg. number doesn't matter. Need a clean car with no accident history.

BTW, how much do u think 2nd hand Cedia's cost?? The OTR price here is Rs.9.2lakh and since resale is pretty low i hope i'll get one for a few lakhs less.

Thanks in advance
Karthik, How did you get to know that the Cedia has a lewss resale ? I called up a few car dealers in chennai and no one seems to have one. Dont take it wrong.. but then, when there are no used Cedia's in the market, how can their resale be low ?
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:17   #19
BHPian

Isn't it too early to have a Cedia in the second hane market. The owners will be weeping at the price cuts and might have decided to retain on account of the low resale value. Very similar to what hap to Daewoo Cielo...However its a great car to own. I heard that it gives 12 Kms to a litre with AC in Bangalore city.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
So, u don't know about the civic im talking about.
The civic is the most modded car on the planet.
500 bhp civics are not uncommon.
As I said in the post above, There are nissans doing 1000+ but are they capable of utilizing those horses is the question.

And yes I would certainly want to know the facts behind the claims you made of civic being the most modded car on the planet. (In a good way.)
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
And yes I would certainly want to know the facts behind the claims you made of civic being the most modded car on the planet. (In a good way.)

LOL. I think we need another thread on this as the civic is indeed the most popular car for mods on the planet. Especially the older gen ones.

Even movies like F&F acknowledge that, if you remember the group of black civic.

Just search the net on modded civics and see yaar.
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
LOL. I think we need another thread on this as the civic is indeed the most popular car for mods on the planet. Especially the older gen ones.

Even movies like F&F acknowledge that, if you remember the group of black civic.

Just search the net on modded civics and see yaar.
Yep ! I second that! and Yes We need a thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Civic's sell ten times more so ok I got the facts I suppose.

In that case, toyota corolla's sell as much as the civics and my brain massage brings me to the conclusion that even corolla's are modded more than the lancer.

hey , Karthik why dont you look at a corolla too in that case. Even corolla's are modded for 300-400 bhp's.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 23rd July 2007 at 15:00.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

No offence meant my friend, but if you have driven the Corolla and then the Import Civic you would not post what you just did. a Corolla , no matter what done to it still feels like sponge, it's too soft of a commuter car. Whereas a Old Civic in terms of being a driver's car is a baap of the local beast City Vtec,
Coming down to facts, if you have been following the Import racer scene in Asia or USA, Civic has been an all time favorite. not just bcos of it's cheap but those engines have a hell lot more to give than a corolla. The civic has various Engine variants, one's like the Type R which chruns out 220+ horses in stock condition.
Rarely anyone races a corolla (especially the newer gen ones), whereas Civic has cult status. Not that a corolla cannot achive high speeds or develop horses on the road, it just ain't sporty enough to drive and the quarter mile times are not great due to a lot of weight.
Join any international racing forum and ask Corolla Vs Civic , you will get your answers.
Cheers.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 23rd July 2007 at 15:31.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

blueraven, I am not supporting corolla here at all. I am not an avid follower of the import racing scene either.

my point here is that civic is not as wild a driver's car as mitsubishi lancer. please read my last 2-3 pasts and you will gather what I am trying to say.
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... A Honda Civic does sound nice. How much would be the resale price (approx)

I guess the Cedia will be prety great for performance modding as parts are easily available and thre are lots of options plus its a 2litre engine, and the car is known for its good handling.

@Neoranjith
Cedia has been out for over a year now and its long enough to get the car in the 2nd hand market. I'm sayin the resale will be low cuz it hardly sells (but its difficult to find one too)

Any good suggestions under 6.5lakhs are welcome

PS - I think we're goin into the 'What Car?' thread now
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Cedia ain't too bad either. And since its already 115bhp/17kgm... i think someething near 200bhp is possible.

Pic from CarDomain

Last edited by karthik247 : 23rd July 2007 at 16:54.
Old 24th July 2007, 03:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Isn't it too early to have a Cedia in the second hane market. The owners will be weeping at the price cuts and might have decided to retain on account of the low resale value. Very similar to what hap to Daewoo Cielo...However its a great car to own. I heard that it gives 12 Kms to a litre with AC in Bangalore city.
Its more like 10.5-11 if you drive it a bit hard. 12 if you have an extremely light foot... which is not a skill I possess :P.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 24th July 2007 at 03:12.
Old 24th July 2007, 04:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
my point here is that civic is not as wild a driver's car as mitsubishi lancer. please read my last 2-3 pasts and you will gather what I am trying to say.
Please remember that the Civic, especially the EG, was best known and loved for having double wishbones all around, front and rear. If you know your suspension, you will understand that this setup is otherwise found almost exclusively on supercars. It is a tribute to Honda engineering, which I daresay is the finest on the planet, that their engineers were able to build this into a cheap little econobox. And having driven both, I can vouch for the fact that an EG chassis will run circles around a Lancer.

Last edited by v1p3r : 24th July 2007 at 04:08.
Old 24th July 2007, 12:31   #30
Team-BHP Support

karthik247, I'm sorry but I have to close this thread. I believe you're looking for a second hand Cedia and this thread is going on as what car you should buy.

This kind of discussion can happen in other section but not in Indian Car Market.

Anybody can help karthik247 through PM/phone call. This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks