Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 12:52   #1
BHPian

Star news & HT : coverage on bikers causing nuisance in Delhi

Did anyone see star news last night?

they were apparently showing a group of so called bikers who were stuntin away to glory in some vip area. later on, the cops did come and lathicharged some of the bikers. while most of them ran away, the cops managed to get hold of a few.

the news channel was tryin to show how these bikers are a menace to society and i do agree that its due to bikers like these that the whole biking community gets a bad name

ALSO, Delhi edition of HT carried an article on the same thing:
Bike thugs run amok in city heart"-A group of rogue bikers zip around CP after midnight and make a nuisance of themselves.By the time police arrive,they manage to flee.

The same pattern played out in early hours of Monday-with one difference.45 bikers were arrested this time.The police said that there were around 150-200 bikers but others fled(Whoa! that's a big group).

The gang of motorcyclists had earlier harrased people at Bangla sahib Gurudwara.The police said that the bikers beat up a cameraman near the gurudwara and snatched his camera and mobile phone.When people come to rescue him they too were assaulted.

After this the bikers went to a Dhaba nearby where they had food but didn't paid and fled.The police caught with them,there was a scuffle and the motorcyclists threw stones.Eight policemen were injured.Five police cars were damaged.The arrested bikers were sent to judicial remand till August 5.

Police are looking for other accused.
Old 24th July 2007, 13:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

What they did not show is that they were swarming any cars that were on the same road as them, breaking beer bottles in the middle of the roads & even broke a few bottles on a police check post as there were only 2 policemen there at the time. How do I know? Well fellow member Fuelled was misfortunate enough to have been traveling through the same stretch as that time & told me all about it yesterday.

I frankly think this is the kind of behaviour which leads to public considering Bikers as a nuisance & I don't disagree with that.
Old 24th July 2007, 13:06   #3
BHPian

Well, I personally have always considered doing any kinda stunts on roads as sheer stupidity. I mean, what are you out to prove? That you can do those stunts? And this has increased after some so called hindi movies. I personally had a bad experience with one of them in Indiranagar, this dude on his activa did a stoppie at the signal. I was like, what the hell was he thinking? I hope police takes strict action against these bikers who do stunts on roads and try to show off. Could be dangerous to a lot of other commuters on the road.
Old 24th July 2007, 14:17   #4
BHPian

a paintball gun filled with frozen paintbolls is a solution to all biker nuisances.
Old 24th July 2007, 14:43   #5
BHPian

I saw this yesterday on TV. Disgusting attitude by the bikers. Was also cheesed off by the non-commital attitude of the cops. They interviewed the DCP or ACP on this and his replies were too vague. In any case my mood was already off by the other disgusting news of the Mumbai 10 year old girl who was greviously injured by 3 eveteasers. Those @###$$#$@@$$@@$@$$@ needs to be castrated! And the law's response is unbelieveable! No wonder things are how there are! (Sorry for going off topic, but these two news really spoilt my evening yesterday)

Last edited by DriverR : 24th July 2007 at 14:48.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:23   #6
Team-BHP Support

This same gang got Petrol filled in Delhi one night and then ran away after thrashing the Petrol Pump attendent.
HT print edition as all the details.
It looks as if out of the 150 bikers 45 have been arrested.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It looks as if out of the 150 bikers 45 have been arrested.
About time they all were, if this is how they plan on spending/living their lives.
Old 24th July 2007, 17:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is one disturbing news. I hope police take strict action against them and end this menace before it gets out of hand.
Old 25th July 2007, 03:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What they did not show is that they were swarming any cars that were on the same road as them, .....
I frankly think this is the kind of behaviour which leads to public considering Bikers as a nuisance & I don't disagree with that.

I was there when it all happened. And frankly I dont have anything against a bunch of bikers going really fast.

But popping wheelies in the middle of roads, breaking bottles on the road, going in opposite direction in the middle of CP and nearby areas, swarming around cars, harrasing people, dragging metal rods along the road.. just to see "how pretty sparks fly", blah blah blah.

I definitely do have issues with that and I hope they are punished rather harshly for that .

Though I doubt any action will be taken, since the police was already present in CP by bucket loads yet they didn't do anything for a rather long time .
Old 25th July 2007, 05:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Very dangerous trend...I think these guys are trying to mimic in some way the Harley gangs here.... If this gets out of hand, then bikers in India will be treated like how they are looked down upon here in the US.
Old 25th July 2007, 10:05   #11
Team-BHP Support

I fail to understand as what makes them to do this?
Where are these guys from?
What kind of attention they're looking for?
What they're getting out of this?

Is this happening only in Delhi?
Old 25th July 2007, 10:27   #12
BHPian

I feel govt. should cancell their DL forever, banning them from driving any vehicle. They should be bleck listed with all the RTOs across the nation. Also govt. should confiscate their bikes.
Old 25th July 2007, 11:07   #14
BHPian

Just wondering, How they can have such gathering?
Is it they belong to some bike club? For such gathering, They should be having good internetworking.
Old 25th July 2007, 11:09   #15
Team-BHP Support

Is the biker gang limited to some particular bike brand alone, or is it a mix of any? If they belong to one particular brand alone, tracking their networking activities over the internet should become easier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks