Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 16:50   #16
bhp
BHPian

I wish him all the luck and hope he is released soon with his gandhigiri tacts....nobody knows under wat circumstances he had done the crime...there are also so many producers that will pray that he is released soon as they have put a lotta money on him...i wonder wat will happen with the munnabhai series....nobody cn take his place as a munnabhai
Old 31st July 2007, 16:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
and for this to happen -- DAMN , what about our own Bihari politicians ???? Hes the last of the ' REAL MEN ' in the industry ..... and for him to go down like this is really unfortunate ---
I hope something happens and it gets reverted somehow .... !!!
now its better not to say something about a particular state and the ministers in that state. lets just stick to the topic - about Sanjay Dutt and his Ferrari.

he is a very good person. even my mom was telling that he didnt deserve this. i also wish him luck and hope to see him soon - "Munna Bhai will be back soon... (hopefully)".

Last edited by planet_rocker : 31st July 2007 at 16:58.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I see Dippy logging off right now, running towards his OHC, slapping it in D and driving off to Sanju's house with a large cardboard sign saying "mai chalaaoo".
Boys there will be a slight correction at that.

In this case it is going to be "main le jaaon?"

Already arranging for truck to have it delivered to my home. My Sierra was sold last week so I have one parking space free

On a serious note , I didnt expect such a harsh punishment that too after so many years. I just hope he comes out quickly.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:23   #19
BHPian

The people who should be convicted with some charges are the Indian Politicians . Its because of them that our country is in such a bad state in every possible aspect .

Yes ! all should be equal under law ... but think about it , if your caught by the cops as you were driving like a maniac on the streets . And you tell them that your the ACP of Mumbai's Nephew or son , They will let you go without saying a word . The system is so screwed in india that nothing can be done about it ... even if u try getting into politics to do something good for the country or the state , there is no way you can gain the publics confidence as every politician says the same thing .

As far as Sanjay Dutt is concerned , he deserves to be put behind the bars BUt not after 14 years . It took our government 14 years to crack the 1993 bomb blast case .... can u actully imagine the amount of cases lined up against the politicians , but no one can do any thing about it .

Look at the States for that matter ... Rapper Ja Rule was caught a few days back for smoking pot and possesion of a gun . And tehy dont care who the person is , if hes commited a crime he has to face the consequences unlike India where you no what happens . Sanjay dutt was 1 of the few famous personalities who was convicted ... but the amount of crimes commited by the politicians sons ... relatives has never been taken under consideration in this country .

If you are a politician in India .. YOUR THE MAN !
God save this country .
Politicians from our country dance like retards in movies like partner ( I still cant get over the fact that i watched the movie ) . This actully shows where our country is heading .
Old 31st July 2007, 17:34   #20
BHPian

So what happens to Munnabhai 3?

1.Could someone elaborate on what was the precise nature of the charges?
2. And is this length of punishment justified?
3. Does the legal system take into account the time that has passed and whether the person's character might have changed for the better? (considering he has already served a term)
My legal knowledge is limited so would appreciate some views.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:46   #21
BHPian

I feel that his term in jail is justified...look at it this way...would you care so much for the other people who were also not so guilty, charged in the same conspiracy??
also consider this...had this decision been taken soon after the blasts, would it be the same reaction? I'm glad that he was a known personality which helped him to be out of jail on bail(wow that rhymes!) for all this while...but as much as i would have not wanted him to go to jail..guilty is guilty...even if he is the guy that drives my favourite ferrari.
hoping he's out of jail soon...or miraculously on 3rd Aug when they appeal to the Supreme Court his sentence is shortened...
All the best to him! but really possession of a AK56 is not as cool as having a a key to a Ferrari!
Old 31st July 2007, 18:14   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
now its better not to say something about a particular state and the ministers in that state. lets just stick to the topic - about Sanjay Dutt and his Ferrari.

Well , I somehow don't see ferrari mentioned anywhere in the thread title ... so if we can come to the ferrari , we might as well come to a state as well !!! And don't we all know the states that have goondas as politicians or as the saying goes ...... don't mention what every one knows but doesnt have the guts to say

Cheers
Old 31st July 2007, 18:18   #23
BHPian

Sanjay did not kill anyone.
Salman khan killed people sleeping on the road and also endangered animals.
And look how lightly he got away!
Old 31st July 2007, 18:35   #24
rks
BANNED

Sanjay Dutt is guilty of a relatively minor crime for which he has already paid heavily. There was no need for further punishment. Hope he gets let off by the Supreme Court.
Old 31st July 2007, 18:44   #25
BHPian

For all you know...he might emerge as another NELSON MANDELA...( oh blaaaahhh)

naaah...he'll be out in no time....(thanks to some high profile #%##$#...read lawyers)

it would be another Paris hilton (add..nicole ritchie, etc etc....) affair...well if Sanjay dutt shed enough tears atleast....

It's a shame though...

Personal opionion... i love our system////////////
Old 31st July 2007, 18:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Sanjay Dutt is guilty of a relatively minor crime for which he has already paid heavily. There was no need for further punishment. Hope he gets let off by the Supreme Court.
.......wholeheartedly; I think he's gone through enough - mentally
Old 31st July 2007, 19:21   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
For all you know...he might emerge as another NELSON MANDELA...( oh blaaaahhh)

naaah...he'll be out in no time....(thanks to some high profile #%##$#...read lawyers)

it would be another Paris hilton (add..nicole ritchie, etc etc....) affair...well if Sanjay dutt shed enough tears atleast....

It's a shame though...

Personal opionion... i love our system////////////
I wonder whats a shame ..... and which one are you referring to as our system , though I should guess you referring to the Aussie system -- detaining a person for nothing and then running a campaign of false releases to the press to make it seem that they were right in calling an innocent man a terrorist ..

I for one hope that Sanjay Dutt gets out sooner than later .... but he's saved me some money , as I sure as hell aint gonna watch any Bollywood movies from now on .

Cheers
Old 31st July 2007, 19:25   #28
BANNED

The path of the a.s.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Talking to my dad on the same issue, he says the court will not give a sentence if the prosecution cannot prove it even if the accused has confessed....
If Sanjay was serious about his "admission of guilt", he ought to have said so in court. When an accused is brought up in court, the court will read out the accusation against him and ask him whether he is guilty or not. Sanjay was tried because he said he is not guilty at that stage. Saying that he is in wrong after undergoing a full fledged trial, and once conviction is certain, only to the public is plain hypocrisy - or worse, mere drama to gain sympathy at conviction.
Anyway, I will wait till the appeal is over.
At least, if he is serious about his "not guilty" story, let him not file an appeal, or at least, limit his appeal to the question of sentence alone. I am sure he will not do this.
Old 31st July 2007, 19:40   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
1.Could someone elaborate on what was the precise nature of the charges?
2. And is this length of punishment justified?
3. Does the legal system take into account the time that has passed and whether the person's character might have changed for the better? (considering he has already served a term)
Speaking from memory - based on news paper reports which came out at the time investigation is going. Iamnolongeralawyer, nor have any other knowledge of this case.
The charge - illegal possession of a firearm. It was an AK47 automatic in this case. Sanjay got involved in the blasts case because he purchased the gun from other accused who apparently were directly involved in the blasts.
Duration of the punishment - do not know. Depends on the offences for which he is punished. SOme offence have minimum periods of punishment prescribed, so really depends. To be very frank, I had expected that he will be given the benefit of probation. Probably, he is convicted under some provision to which the benefit of probation is not applicable.
Regarding your 3rd question - yes, period spent in jail as an undertrial is set off against the final sentence (if any ; ( ) passed. If you are not convicted, the time spent in jail as an undertrial is ... well .. err.. emmm... a holiday at state expense!!!!
Old 31st July 2007, 19:52   #30
BHPian

All said and done, I think it was a fair judgement. No hushing up and predominantly impartial and fitting harsh one. Imagine the kind of pressure that the judge would be in. C'mon, we people always crib when the law and order situation is in such a mess, but have to give credit to people who are trying the best to keep the system intact. These days judges are giving some harsh well deserved and impartial judgements. Govt too is getting screwed up by supreme court. I wish it the only way from here is the better one !!

And judges are changing the fines too, Telgi got 300crore fine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks