Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 19:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

I feel that this was a bit too harsh on a person who has revived his image, and who had already served jail time. If the court were to ring up the same rule for others,1000s of politicians & other prominent individuals would have to be packed off to jail for illegally possessing arms & ammo.

Eitherways, I hope Sanjay Dutt is able to get out of jail ASAP,and get back to movies. If not for anything else,he sure is portraying a fair image model with the Munnabhai series.

Good luck to him!
Old 31st July 2007, 20:45   #32
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I feel He is going to be OUT!!!
I like the characters he plays in his films. Specially Munna Bhai.
I dont know him personally but from what I have heard, he is a great human being.
Every one makes a mistake and maybe he made a big one (atleast in the eyes of law).

But he wasnt responsible for killing the people,maybe he just knew that there were some Arms in the city (loads of them) that doesnt mean he is responsible for the whole thing. He must not be even knowing why those things were present in the city.

If thats the case then our policemen too knew that the Train thing was going to happen, they had the information then why werent they charged for it? Law has to be same for all na?

MunnaBhai Kidhar Chale???

Last edited by SRK : 31st July 2007 at 20:51.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I feel that this was a bit too harsh on a person who has revived his image, and who had already served jail time. If the court were to ring up the same rule for others,1000s of politicians & other prominent individuals would have to be packed off to jail for illegally possessing arms & ammo.

Eitherways, I hope Sanjay Dutt is able to get out of jail ASAP,and get back to movies. If not for anything else,he sure is portraying a fair image model with the Munnabhai series.

Good luck to him!
I totally agree. The guy has been made an example of for keeping a bit of ammo etc at home.

It would be interesting if the homes etc of all MPs and MLAs were raided in the morning. I bet they would find more than enough arms and ammo to equip a small private army.

Was there not a recent case where an explosion occured at some MLA (or MPs) house, allegedly a bomb was being prepared for a rival. No doubt the "VIP" involved will get away with the plot.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
i second that. my father(working as an inspector with excise police) says thats a high amount most of the times its around 5,000/- to 10,000/-...

While 25k might be a small amount for us, the per capita income of Indians is around 2600 per month.

So ten months wages is a pretty large fine.

We don't don't have a income dependant fine system in India.
but too many loopholes for that to work here.
Old 31st July 2007, 21:19   #35
BHPian

Munna not Bhai

Man of Steel
He is the guy with a long list of nick names behind him like Dutt Saab ,Deadly Dutt, Sanju baba, Munna bhai , Baba ....and now thanks to Judicial system of India the latest add on can be "QAIDI NUMBER ####" , every human being has a tendency to support the guys who are into some kind of trouble so that they can get a feeling that how great and kind-hearted they are ,maybe its with me as well . But on other hands a bunch of herd are really sadist and their vox populi is to obtain pleasure from inflicting pain on others and their latest dupe is Sanju bhai and his well wishers .
Today 31st of july 2007 Sanju Bhai has been convicted of acquiring illegal weapons from gangsters linked with the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai, and has been awarded six years of rigorous imprisonment. Voila what a great decision has been taken yeah he should be sent to jail because for me the true definition of jail is "A place in which individuals are physically confined or interned, and deprived of a range of personal freedoms , and they are treated as a threat to the society and legal system of the country " to best of my understanding Jails are meant for criminals who are shockingly brutal or cruel , does Sanju fall in any of these categories ?
But our Judicial system is least bothered to answer these simple questions, they punished a Man with heart of gold just because he is a celebrity and enjoys a life style which they can not even imagine in their dreams even after rubbing their arse off on the walls of the same pathetic , vitiate , loathsome , foul and corrupt place called " COURT" for another 100 years . They can just spend their whole day by farting and licking arses of the ugliest species of the mother earth i.e- Politicians of India...

These mongrels punished a guy who was there at the time of Tsunami , who was there when kargil happened , who is identified as a most reliable friend by whole film fratenity , who got a smile like a 10 year old kid, who even after 26 years of super stardom feels extremely shy in public.
Yeah he kept a Ak 47 57 67 or whatever with him , I know guys who want to possess a Webley scott revolver even I am one of them , for keeping a silly gun and bunch of bullets in his house he should be sent to jail for 6 years ?
These invertebrate and useless Protectors of law were looking for a ginny pig and they found one in Sanju they just want to prove that how impartial they are , but we all know what the truth is dont we ??? But these dickheads are not ready to understand that Sanju bhai is a misguided child-man rather than the bad boy he has often been painted out to be.
To best of my understanding Sanju always beleived in -Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you're going to do now - and do it.
He will come out as a winner after all he is the same guy who fought with cancer twice , who kicked off drugs after being an addict for more then 10 years, who survived the emotional jolts like death of his mom and divorce with his wife.
He is truely a man of steel and khalyanayak nahi nayak hai woh ....
I know that very soon I will be watching Munnabhai 3 , May god bless him and provide him all the strength .

P.S : Comments are welcome

Prashant
Old 31st July 2007, 21:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thats not the end of the road for sanju.. 4.8years for now.. that will change.. a far off cousin of mine who also got convicted in the case for taking sanju's ak47 and handing it over to someone else to dispose of the evidence, got off easily...he was also given a 5yr jail term but later on they reversed it and he is free now..I guess sanju will also be give the same..
Old 31st July 2007, 21:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyupc View Post
While 25k might be a small amount for us, the per capita income of Indians is around 2600 per month.

So ten months wages is a pretty large fine.

We don't don't have a income dependant fine system in India.
but too many loopholes for that to work here.
In that case sanjay dutt would have had to be fined only 250 Rs because he is so poor.
Old 31st July 2007, 22:35   #38
BHPian

Anyone knows for sure that Sanjay Dutt is being punished for just possession of arms or for complicity/having knowledge of the blasts?
IIRC the first time he was arrested in 94(?), it was alleged that he had prior knowledge of the blasts. I may be wrong though.
Old 31st July 2007, 22:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

My understanding is that he was sentenced due to his dealings with the person who supplied the materials for the bombing. He wasn't aware of the person's ties with the underworld. He did say that if he was aware of it,he would have not approached the person for the guns & grenades.

Agreed that its against the law to procure guns without a license, but 16months in jail for that should have been sufficient. The culprits who were directly involved have been given the death sentence or life tmie imprisonment.

With so many illegal guns & country made arms doing the rounds in India,anyone found with a gun sans the license, should be imprisoned for 6 +years.
Old 31st July 2007, 23:59   #40
BHPian

Judge Kode's been presiding over this for the last 10 yrs? He has known Dutt well over this period.
Old 1st August 2007, 00:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Judge Kode's been presiding over this for the last 10 yrs? He has known Dutt well over this period.
Guess it was sufficient time for the Judge to understand & recognize the good side of Sanjay Dutt, and let him go scott-free. He's already had his time in jail,so let the guy go now. Catch the corrupt politicians & officials and wring their neck!
Old 1st August 2007, 01:01   #42
BHPian

puting sanju bhai back to jail is the biggest piece of crap the judge has decided!

and how many of you have heard the interview where this lady was questioning the sister of sanjay dutt, regarding promises of wether the father should marry again and personal family promises,
what kind of BS is this!
Old 1st August 2007, 01:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

What is the name of the Judge who ran the trial over the years passed the verdict? I am sure there is something personal against Dutt.
Old 1st August 2007, 03:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What is the name of the Judge who ran the trial over the years passed the verdict? I am sure there is something personal against Dutt.
Judge Kode, from what I hear, is one of the most honest and upright judges in India. IIRC Rediff ran an article on him sometime back and how the poor chap has to live with police provided security for the rest of his life. Now that he sentenced Dutt to 6 years prison there would be many pissed off fans and producers who will be willing to put down a contract on him to save their investment.

Last edited by Mayavi : 1st August 2007 at 03:25.
Old 1st August 2007, 10:57   #45
Team-BHP Support

I was reading the TOI this morning, and therein was mentioned the circumstances under which he decided to procure the firearms. Seems there were threats to their lives owing to some services which his father had taken up for people who were affected by the communal riots. Soon they began getting a lot of threatening calls and the likes, where they mentioned male members would be killed and women from the family molested or raped. As per the report, Sanju approached the local police for special protection, but nothing came his way.

Under threat here, he was shown 3 guns, of which he refused, being scared, and kept one, which is the AK 57. He procured this from the people who happened to be involved in the Mumbai blasts.

I dont feel it to be very different from any of the Hindi movies which we used to see. Threat to life and family - get gun - protect oneself. As usual, cops are of no use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks